Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Darkthoughts

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Darkthoughts

My collection is nowhere near as expansive and impressive as I'd like it to be...that crazy little thing called cash always gets in my way

Most of my books are well read paperbacks, but with stories that I love I aim to get good hardback editions too. It's very much a collection in progress!

The Joe Hill and the Neil Gaiman (Stardust) are my only signed books I own to date. Also pictured here are the UK hardcovers of Anansi Boys and Lisey's Story:

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Signatures in HSB and Stardust:

Sorry about the blurry quality!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You're quick Story!! Just uploading some more...hang tight

Non King books here, but editions I'm fond of - they're from The Folio Society, which my uncle is a member of. He sends me these books at christmas from time to time.

Top L-R: 1066 And All That, Cold Comfort Farm, Leave It To P Smith and bottom is Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My DT collection (I only have paperbacks of DoTT and WaG, which my sister currently has).
    Jerome very kindly sent me the Grant Hardback of WotC, which has given me the aim of collecting the entire series in Grant hardbacks.

Last edited by Darkthoughts; 12-05-2008 at 02:32 AM.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lastly - for now (I'll take some more pics tomorrow) - are my DT comics - had to rely on Ebay for those, none of the comic stores near me had them, and King short story magazines (also courtesy of Jerome )

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an amazing collection. Congrats!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice.

John

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Great collection!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys I've got more SK paperbacks to come...and some random hardbacks.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection Darkthoughts.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff!!!! I've always like the look/feel of the Folio Society books.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    ... my DT comics - had to rely on Ebay for those...
    And yet still you avoid my giveaway threads in the Comics forum? Tsk tsk.

Great collection, Lisa. I love seeing those UK editions.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

impressive

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Very nice stuff!!!! I've always like the look/feel of the Folio Society books.
    Me too - they're a good reason to be nice to the extended family

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... my DT comics - had to rely on Ebay for those...
    And yet still you avoid my giveaway threads in the Comics forum? Tsk tsk.
    I didn't even realise you had one!...*runs to comic thread*

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

More King paperbacks -note the TDT.com bookmark in IT

My Colorado Kid - my local bookstore got in only one of each - I couldn't afford to get them all at the time, so this was my favourite cover:

Some random paperbacks here; Shardick for the DT connection, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Farmer Giles of Ham/The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and The Hobbit:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Two of the greatest graphic novels of all time:

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh, more fun stuff!! I've got Sharik too--have you read it??? I haven't.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have a copy of Shardik too, but haven't read it either. Will bought it at an old bookstore for about $1. It's a nice hardback.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A hardback would be lush!! I get most of my paperbacks from second hand stores and rummage sales - it's crazy what people throw out!

Needless - I read it about halfway through a couple of years back, but never finished it. I am going to pick it back up after I finish my current book. I didn't stop because it was bad, but it was to hard to get into...for me anyway.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you realize you called NeedfulKings Needless Lisa?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

!! No, I did not...thanks for that and to NeedFUL

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Two of the greatest graphic novels of all time:

I am jealous.
    Incredibly jealous.

I mean nice stuff.

Really.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

!! No, I did not...thanks for that and to NeedFUL
    Thanks! Lol, Matt just called me Needles in another thread! I can be needlessly needful at times, though.

If all else fails, you can call me Bill.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That'd be great ...even I can't go wrong with Bill!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great, thanks for sharing them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast