The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yep yep

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Carrie Henn is one of the main commentators for the Aliens audio commentary version, and she admits to hating that line aswell. She said "Thats all the other kids would say to me in the playground after that, I was so embarassed" - bahaha

The director's cut of the 3rd is a vastly different movie - there was alot of flak between the studio and David Fincher regarding the theatrical release. Fincher's cut is about 40 minutes longer and includes entire plotlines that are cut out of the theatrical. The ox instead of the dog is one (and even though the dog scene is pretty horrible, the alien bursting out of a dead ox hanging in the middle of an abbatoir is pretty cool too), Ripley is found first washed up on a beach and then the craft is found, and the prisoners manage to trap the alien in their storage facility, before the crazy guy kills the guards and lets it out. I think it makes a much better movie.
    Ok, now I have to check this out.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Is the director's cut of Alien 3 in the Quadrilogy?
    Yep, sure is.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it out to watch, will probably either watch it before bed tonight or save it for tomorrow. Seen it several times but didn't even know Fincher directed it. Just watched Zodiac.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have not seen the director's but of Alien 3... but I think I need to.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

You certainly should. It is stellar.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Country
    Country Flag

What did you think of Zodiac? I really enjoyed it

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked it though I felt they could have left five minutes from the last half an hour on the cutting room floor. David Fincher is a hell of a director. Good acting all around, even the bit roles played by John Carrol Lynch and Brian Cox. Gyllenhaal's wife suuuure was homely lookin.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

I remember being about 5 or 6 when my dad asked if I wanted to watch a movie with him, and showing me Alien. So, it got burned in pretty early, and that sense of horrible shit in tight quarters still gives me the willies.

Course, Aliens has Reese and Bishop, and wicked hexplosions. And what kind of soulless monster can't get behind such a triple threat?
    People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Will!

I have a confession. I've only seen the 4th Alien movie!

But I asked for them for Christmas, so yay!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

Winona Ryder is a very weak link indeed in the long, illustrious line of badass robots in those movies. Just make sure to lower your expectations when you go from -s to 3.
    People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hicks is cooler than Reese so Hicks was in Terminator...not the other way around.

Just watched the directors cut of Alien 3 for the first time. I loved it and there were scenes I didn't exactly remember but it's been a few years since I'd seen it. Anyone know which scenes were added? It was close to two hours and a half hours and was a lot better. I recalled Andrews getting taken out about 40-45 mins it but the alien didn't even get out until 40 mins. Gave the movie a lot more depth, that's fer sure. Watching the specials features it's as if Fox, after putting all this money and time into it, just killed it themelves. The movie wasn't overly long and the alien sequences are, in my opinon, the best they did from any of the movies. It's the only alien where you get upclose and personal with it over and over again. Even the original wasn't as intimate with the alien itself.

I'm not a big fan of the Vincent Ward idea at all. I think the new script captures the fundamentals of his script but cutt out the riff raff about monks and a wood over everything. It would be a much better idea, I think, as a movie on it's own with the alien. Aliens wouldn't seem right without being surrounded by metal for some reason, I love that setting.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the overly-human winona android was a little weak, although she kicked ass when she needed to. But initially I was like "the fucking whiny shit from Mermaids is in my ALIEN MOVIES. GET OUT."

I thought the way they used humour in the 4th movie was clever. The 4th movie of any franchise is going to start grasping at straws so the snappy one liners and cool quotes were as good as Aliens, almost

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ripley: Now who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Johnner: I can get you off...maybe not the boat.

Well Zone, Joss Whedon wrote the script for A:R, so that's why it was so quippy. Watch Firefly if you don't believe in his kickassity.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Country
    Country Flag

"So, like, you've fought these things before. Like, what did you do?"

"I died."

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My mom is getting me the quadrilogy for my birthday! I can't wait. This thread has gotten me all excited about watching the first 3 Alien movies.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    "So, like, you've fought these things before. Like, what did you do?"

"I died."
    I wasn't a big fan of that line...but I suppose it fits.

I loved:

"No human is that humane."

"Father's dead asshole! All aliens report to level twelve, I repeat, all aliens report to level twelve."

"I say we ditch the cripple. No offence."

*gives finger* "None taken."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"I might be synthetic, but I'm not stupid."

"Well that's it, man! Game over, man! Game over!"

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill Paxton is the only actor to have gotten killed by both Alien and Predator (he appeared in their respective sequels). Interesting little tidbit of information there, me thinks.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

"I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a god-damn percentage!"
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Bill Paxton is the only actor to have gotten killed by both Alien and Predator (he appeared in their respective sequels). Interesting little tidbit of information there, me thinks.
    And a Terminator. He was the leader of the punks in the first Terminator movie.

Oh, and... We are on the express elevator to hell. Goin' down!

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

-- Hoban Washburne

"Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."

Country
    Country Flag

Erin, i am so insanely happy for you that you're going to be watching the first three movies FOR THE FIRST TIME ! You will love them. Aliens is definitely the crown of the three, it was done so brilliantly.

The scene near the beginning where she's having the inquest meeting rocks. Definitely watch the first two back to back Erin, the transitions are seemless.

Will: I saw Alien when i was 10 and had probelms sleeping etc, and that was with my brother and his friend. Its pretty damned irresponsible for any adult to show a 6 year old something like that. In fact, i remember my step mum specifically instructing us as kids that these are the movies that we are not to watch in any circumstances.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take your advice and have an Alien-viewing marathon one night.

What about the special features stuff? Is most of it things I should watch after having seen all the movies?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast