Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A L | E N

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Alien vs. Predator would be awesome if it was just thousands of predators and thousands of predators waging war with humans with rakes in the middle. That would be the best movie of all time. Nothing but death, destruction and Alien kicking ass

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I still remember going to see Alien. I was 18, and a group of us went to San Francisco to the (now defunct) Northpoint theater. The theater had at the time the largest screen around and sat ~1,000. It was sold out!
    Just simply an incredible group experience. When the chestburster erupted people went apoplectic. Literally girls ran screaming down/up the aisles.
    I have seen several great movies in packed houses: Alien, Star Wars, Predator (an experience in itself I will discuss somewhere), Pre-release different cut of Fatal Attraction, Batman, Blazing Saddles, The Hunt for Red October, and the group experience really made them even more memorable.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Randall, it was like that when I saw The Mist. There theatre only had ten people in it so I could hear each persons reaction separately. This one woman was always going 'OH MY GOODNESS!' and it fit perfectly with the movie. Everyone on screen is screaming and fighting and here she is 'OMG!! NO!!!!'

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another great aspect of Alien was that without the internet, and with the studio restaining itself by showing trailers that didn't give away ANYTHING, the movie was a true experience. We went in with no warnings, no preconcieved notions, just the raw eyes wide open ability to be shocked, scared, enthralled in THE very moment.
    Additionally, the HR Giger set pieces were so beyond what my limited 18 year old mind had ever seen as to be not only jaw dropping, but (I'm sure intended), mildy erotic. The sense of them entering a scary, dangerous, lethal spaceship that was evocative of sexual genatalia, yet so very very dangerous brought to the screen the frightening parts of my own teenage sexual awareness.
    Perhaps TMI, but that's how it was.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was young I recall the shaft scene with Dallas to be the most intense.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Predator (an experience in itself I will discuss somewhere)
    I look forward to it.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    When I was young I recall the shaft scene with Dallas to be the most intense.
    I can remember being REALLY ticked off that Riley went back to look for that damn cat.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

The most recent aliens have been my faves (the last two) so I'm stoked about a new one!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have always liked the Alien movies and wish I had the boxed set. I actually watched them out of order. I remember watching Aliens with my dad and brother (video not theater ) and then watching Alien all by myself on TV at night while my parents were out somewhere ( ). They were awesome and still are.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The box set is one of my prized possessions. It has a full DVD of extras per movie, the theatrical release and the director's cut of each movie and an overall special features dvd. Interestingly, Weaver is not interviewed on any of them. The audio commentary on Aliens is fucking awesome, heaps of information on there regarding production problems and set issues that James Cameron and his producer-wife dealt with on the UK set.

It also has screen tests for some of the actors in Alien, including weaver. Ripley was originally intended to be male but they changed the gender after a few early drafts - Veronica Cartright (Lambert) was originally going to play Ripley but they were so impressed with Weaver they changed them. Thank god

Ryder is interviewed as part of the special features for the 4th movie. Its pretty funny in light of her clepto issues that was all over the press about 10 years ago - at one point she says something like "I've been such a huge fan of the movies since I was a little girl - I'd find myself just stealing props from the set when I was working". The interview must have been before hew little troubles with the law.

How gross is this:

The face hugger carcass that Ash autopsies was made using fresh shellfish, four oysters and a sheep kidney to recreate the internal organs.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the Alien Quadrilogy for 30 bucks...I remember when that shit was like 120.

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remeber watchin Aliens when i was a we lad, i loved watchin these so called marines gettin there ass kicked by aliens where a lil girl was able to survive and run about. I fought that alien 4 was... different to say the least.. i mean its good that they carried on the saga but i dont know it just didnt have the same feel as the first 3, i guess proberly something to do with ripley being now half alien. AVP... im not going to start with that cock up but AVPR.. well i look forward to seeing this babe in action

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Aliens is one of my all time favorite movies.

No one can ever say..."Get away from her you bitch!" the same way again.

I didn't like 3 because the girl didn't live I really wanted her too.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!!

I cudnt belive they killed her and hicks off so quickly into the 3rd after going thru all that effort to keep them alive thru the whole of Aliens..

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here sai--it totally ruined it for me.

Probably a little shallow but there it was.

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen to versions of the 3rd, one with the runner coming from a dog. And the other from a cow... a cow.. i mean.. thats really scary, if i remeber right the alien takes the qualites of the host, but a cow.. since when do cows have legs built like a greyhound.. and i could swear it moo'd a few times...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Newt annoyed me. I was sad she lived through the first movie

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

most annoying line from Aliens...

[Newt]
    "They mostly come out at night... mostly
    [/Newt]
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Newt annoyed me. I was sad she lived through the first movie

I loved Newt! Poor thing, living the way she did.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got severely stoned yesterday and watched Aliens and Predator back to back.

Oh yeah, Newt annoyed me too. I was routing for the facehugger in that medical lab scene!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I never....!

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Carrie Henn is one of the main commentators for the Aliens audio commentary version, and she admits to hating that line aswell. She said "Thats all the other kids would say to me in the playground after that, I was so embarassed" - bahaha

The director's cut of the 3rd is a vastly different movie - there was alot of flak between the studio and David Fincher regarding the theatrical release. Fincher's cut is about 40 minutes longer and includes entire plotlines that are cut out of the theatrical. The ox instead of the dog is one (and even though the dog scene is pretty horrible, the alien bursting out of a dead ox hanging in the middle of an abbatoir is pretty cool too), Ripley is found first washed up on a beach and then the craft is found, and the prisoners manage to trap the alien in their storage facility, before the crazy guy kills the guards and lets it out. I think it makes a much better movie.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds a hell of a lot better!

Country
    Country Flag

Ox, cow came difference thoe thats just as bad

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the director's cut of Alien 3 in the Quadrilogy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast