2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: A L | E N

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    now that I know it sucks.
    What? I have been hearing only very positive things.

Servant of Gan RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I planned on it, but my enthusiasm is dampened now that I know it sucks.
    Just out of curiosity, how do you know it sucks?

The Gunslinger fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I came from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Avast ye scurvy dogs! Donate thy booty to thee Haven Fund. Arrrr! Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched it last Sunday. It's practically a poor xerox of the original Alien movie.

Shiver me timbers! Donate all thy gold to thee Haven Foundation! Arrrr!

The Gunslinger fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I think the most unintentionally scathing thing I read about it was that was "content to simply lumber along until the next installment". That's a let down considering the huge potential this film had.

After the disappointment that was Prometheus, I don't know if I can trust Scott anymore.

Servant of Gan RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I really trust EW but they gave it a pretty good review. They made it sound like a mix of Prometheus and Alien. I loved the original Alien and while Prometheus had some stupid things in it overall it wasn't terrible. I guess we will see.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the most unintentionally scathing thing I read about it was that was "content to simply lumber along until the next installment". That's a let down considering the huge potential this film had.

After the disappointment that was Prometheus, I don't know if I can trust Scott anymore.
    I loved Prometheus! You were not a fan?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Avast ye scurvy dogs! Donate thy booty to thee Haven Fund. Arrrr! Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future Captain T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What this franchise needs is.... James Cameron.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I can think of a few others that need him too... (cough cough... terminator?????????????)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I can think of a few others that need him too... (cough cough... terminator?????????????)
    Totally agree, brother!

Millionth Post Club needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Totally agree, brother!
    He's too busy making Avatar 2-8 though lol.

Millionth Post Club needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings's Avatar

ALIEN 1st and only hardcover edition (Book Club Edition)

U.S.A. JUNE 1979 & U.K. 1979 1st EDITIONS.

ANOTHER HARDCOVER?
    Spoiler:

4th PRINTING PERMA-BOUND and liked the two books above SIGNED.

MOVIE TIE-INS The only non-1st Editions I LIKE to get signed.

Alls fair n lve n cld war Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Overall, the reviews aren't bad at all. Stuckmann gave it a decent grade, and I usually agree with him.

I don't expect it to be great, but I think I will at least enjoy it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rewatching the Alien and Predator movies.

Thoughts on Alien:
    1) Nineteen SEVENTY-NINE!? This movie is almost forty years old? Holy fuck.
    2) While it may have been hit at the time, Ripley's underwear scene has to be the least sexy underwear scene in the history of film. For me, anyway.
    3) I didn't like the Alien as much as I do in the sequels. When he surprises the captain, he looks like he's a father scaring his kid during a game of hide and seek. "Raaaaar! I gotcha!" And then, in the finale, he just decided that NOW is the best time to curl up and take a nap?
    4) Ash is a douche.
    5) The chestburster scene and egg opening scene were perfect.

Starting Aliens now.

Manni Folken DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge is just really nice DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I saw Covenant last night. My overall thoughts are that, while it's still not as great as the first two films, it's overall pretty decent. My biggest problem with it is that there are a lot of times where it's very predictable. There are a lot of moments when it reminds you of old-school slasher movies, especially when someone finds a reason to split off from the rest of the group. It's pretty strange to see really in a film that explores big science-fiction ideas and concepts, too. My favourite part about it is how well it functions as both a sequel to Prometheus and as an Alien prequel. I haven't watched Prometheus since I saw it upon its release. After seeing this film, I'm curious to actually watch it again. Not because I didn't understand what was going on, but I'm interested in seeing how much better it flows when watched back to back with Covenant. When Prometheus was initially released, we were pretty much expecting an Alien prequel. While we didn't get it then, I think Covenant is a lot closer to what we were expecting.

I help where I can.
    I will not fight!

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on Aliens:

1) What a perfect movie. In my Top Thirty. I can't think of one thing I would change.
    2) Fuck you, Burke!
    3) "Get away from her, you BITCH!" made me laugh out loud due to how badass it is.
    4) Bill Paxton was awesome in this movie, not the biggest fan overall, Michael Biehn on the other hand, I'm a huge fan of, and I wish he would have found a way to become an A-lister.
    5) The music and sound effects (pulse rifles, proximity beeps, etc.) were incredibly well done. It felt very ... metal. Not heavy metal, but it gives the feeling of grittiness, of hardness. Very unique, different.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on Aliens 3:

1) Horrible CGI.
    2) I think my main problem with this movie is the characters, not only do you have ALL unlikeable characters, but most of them just sort of blend together. You're almost rooting for the alien.
    3) Dog scene is much better than ox scene.
    4) Killing off Hicks and Newt was such a bullshit move, easily one of the biggest movie fuck ups of all time.
    5) I liked the planet. The world, the bleakness and hopelessness, the fucking lice. Gross.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis is a splendid one to behold Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the heck out of Alien Covenant!
    Wanted
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I enjoyed the heck out of Alien Covenant!
    Me too!
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM, Subterranean Press - can trade

J. Peterman Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky is a splendid one to behold Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm waiting until next week and the crowds die down a little. I'm looking forward to it, though. I enjoyed Prometheus better than Alien (but that might've been because I saw Prometheus first).

I dont think Ill ever be able to forget Susie. Most of all, I will never forget that one night, working late
    on the catalog. Just the two of us. And we surrendered to temptation. And it was pretty good. - J. Peterman

Country
    Country Flag

Seeing it Wednesday. Love the positive reviews here guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If you enjoyed the original Alien, you will like Covenant. They are essentially the same movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast