+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1423

Thread: Songs Stuck In Your Head

Along the Path of the Beam Mai is on a distinguished road Mai's Avatar

I live in Midway. It is south of the river from Kingston Tennessee
    Country
    Country Flag

Kissing the Lipless- The Shins. I have to admit that this is a great band.
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I wanna play someting so funky you can smell it."- Buddy Guy

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I'm not about to voluntarily listen to Fleetwood Mac.
    Besides, my point is not that they suck, but that I don't like them. There's a world of difference between those two things.
    No, you might like this...it's EARLY fleetwood mac, before the lead singer/songwriter went bat shit crazy and left the band. pre-stevie nicks.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It's not that I'm unfamiliar with Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac. I agree with you that it is significantly better than what came later after he left the band, but it's still not my thing.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Besides, my point is not that they suck, but that I don't like them. There's a world of difference between those two things.
    I love this explaination... and will now use it for myself when explaining my aversion to Pink Floyd and Santana.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love this explaination... and will now use it for myself when explaining my aversion to Pink Floyd and Santana.
    It's a key distinction when talking about subjective things like music appreciation. There are plenty of artists whom I can appreciate the talent level and just not like the music. There are also plenty whom I think outright suck, but when I do say so, I try to be a bit more diplomatic. Sometimes. Sometimes I don't care. With Peter Green I definitely appreciate his guitar playing, he replaced Clatpon in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and that's among the only Clapton I really like all that much.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've never been able to understand the love for Fleetwood Mac either. Of course I've noticed that I very rarely enjoy a female singer. I'm too picky.
    And I really hate that I'm one of the few women I know that doesn't listen to Heart. I get so tired of hearing: "Oh come on, how can you say this isn't a pretty song?"
    [gags]

Stuck in my head:
    "My World is Empty Without You"
    ~The Supremes

As simple as it is, I love the beat of this song.

Along the Path of the Beam Rcampebll is on a distinguished road Rcampebll's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

where is my mind the pixies

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've never been able to understand the love for Fleetwood Mac either. Of course I've noticed that I very rarely enjoy a female singer. I'm too picky.
    Too picky doesn't exist, only not picky enough.

And I really hate that I'm one of the few women I know that doesn't listen to Heart. I get so tired of hearing: "Oh come on, how can you say this isn't a pretty song?"
    [gags]

Other than hearing my friend Ted play the guitar part of "Baracuda" as a joke, I can't stand anything about Heart. Hooray, the singer can belt out a song at high volume. Whoo hoo. To me, she's a female version of Lou Gramm from Foreigner. Both can belt out any song they want and have technically sound singing abilities. However, there is no emotion there. It's just singing a song. I'll take a lesser technical singer with an authentic emotional connection to the song every time. People want to make fun of me for loving Dylan. I'll take Dylan over these singers any day.

Stuck in my head:
    "My World is Empty Without You"
    ~The Supremes

As simple as it is, I love the beat of this song.
    So you do like some female singers.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Some. But honestly, I don't get all ga-ga over Diana Ross either. It is very rare for me to hear a female singer and say: " I love her voice."

I know how you feel about Ms. Ross. Some of the Supremes stuff is ok for me for nostalgic reasons but I don't think her voice compares to say Etta James or Billie Holliday or especially Bessie Smith.

Etta James will always be tops for me.

They don't come better than Etta James. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Very true.
    You know, I have noticed this about myself when it comes to a female singer: I either love their voice because it is utterly "perfect" like Etta James, or because it's rough and scratchy like Brody Dalle from The Distillers. There's no 'in-between' for me. When I think about it, probably 97% of music I listen to has a male vocalist, yet I don't love all their voices. It can be the combination of vocals, lyrics, instruments. Yet, with female singers, the voice makes the music for me. Odd?

I'm pretty much the same way. Obviously listening to singers like Dylan and Waits it's not technically perfect singing I'm after most of the time. It's something more intangible that I know when I hear, but I hear it more in male voices than female. With Etta though, she has that combination of authenticity and perfect technical singing. She can even make a super stupid song like her cover of The Association's "Never My Love" sound good.

You are the same with Etta James as I am with Otis Redding it seems. That man could have sung the ABC song and I'd still find it flawless.

As you know, I am that way about Otis as well. He and Etta are my two favorite singers of all time and the fact they've recorded several of the same songs always makes me smile. The two of them are the standard by which I judge every other singer. Etta is the only person who I think ever performed one of Otis' songs better than Otis ("Security").

On topic (and still about Etta) I've actually had "I'd Rather Go Blind" in my head for awhile now. I figured out how to play it earlier and now I can't get it out of my head, not that I'm really trying all that hard

The two of them are the standard by which I judge every other singer.
    Yes.

Etta is the only person who I think ever performed one of Otis' songs better than Otis ("Security").
    As much as I love Otis, I have to agree on this one. The beginning of that song is just,...awesome. That's the best word I can use to descrbe it.

On topic (and still about Etta) I've actually had "I'd Rather Go Blind" in my head for awhile now. I figured out how to play it earlier and now I can't get it out of my head, not that I'm really trying all that hard
    That may be my favorite of her songs.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

boom boom boom boom!!!
    I want you in my room
    lets spend the night together
    from now until forever
    boom boom boom boom!!!
    I wanna go boom boom
    let's spend the night together
    together in my room

Along the Path of the Beam Mai is on a distinguished road Mai's Avatar

I live in Midway. It is south of the river from Kingston Tennessee
    Country
    Country Flag

That song is my ringtone. I love Aqua. That song is now the current song stuck in my head replacing Freak by Tatu
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I wanna play someting so funky you can smell it."- Buddy Guy

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to have this tape, when I was younger - it would incorporate my name into all these really shitty songs, and it's currently this in my head:

"Alisha, it's you! It's you I pick, to share a picnic in the park."

it's been in there all fucking day, and adamantly refuses to budge.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had Man Overboard by Blink-182 stuck in my head for the better part of the work day.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been in my head since 5pm yesterday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6oyzTPGGqM"]August Rush - Raise It Up[/ame]

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Along the Path of the Beam Rcampebll is on a distinguished road Rcampebll's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

boom boom boom by John Lee Hooker

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sun Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

"Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast