7 30.43%
  • Quality of the Story's Ending: Graded "C"

3 13.04%
  • Never Read

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 4: Needful Things

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 4: Needful Things

Needful Things, 1991

Please grade Needful Things in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development
    • Quality of the Story's Ending

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete instructions, see this post.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

2 never reads so far, yay! lol

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Completely OTT - love it.

A-A-A

sk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plot: B

again, next to none. The main premise is wonderful, and all the events are character-driven, which I adore, but still it isn't really a plot. First, these people do this, then there are other people who do that, and some others who do something else. Each separate story is very good, but if you start re-telling it to someone (I know what I am talking about - I spend a huge part of my life retelling books), you'll keep interrupting yourself by "Wait, wait!!! I forgot - while it was happening, Mrs. So-and-So...."

Characters: A

Ending: A minus (the minus comes from that scene, if you read the book you know what I mean)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

AAC, hated the ending.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! The poll is closing!

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

One of King's best IMO.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round Needful Things has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.450980392 or 81.70% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 6.831932773 or 85.40%.

Grade breakdown:
    Strength of Plot: A - 2.588235294 (86.27%)
    Character Development: A - 2.529411765 (84.31%)
    Quality of the Story's Ending: A/B - 2.235294118 (74.51%)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

AAA also one of my absolute favorites

+ Reply to Thread