Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone start reading their spiffy new AE yet?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Anyone start reading their spiffy new AE yet?

I'm debating the very question. I'm in the middle of a book, but really really want to dive into a new King novel. I hate reading several books at the same time though.

What to do

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clone yourself. Duh.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Put the old book on hold. Read King, then go back to it. Better than speeding through the rest of it just to finish it.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I am currently reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and I plan on purchasing the Scribner first edition in April. I've decided to hold off on reading this novel until that edition comes out. I love my Artist's Edition, but I know that sometimes accidents happen and coffee gets dripped on a page or a dirty finger smudges something or whatever. So I am leaving it on the shelf to look awesome, and I will read the Scribner edition in April.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll wait for the kindle ed.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read it and it is very good. I would like for King to write another DT Book that deals with Tim.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read it a while ago (and reread it rather recently--I got an advance copy of the manuscript) and love it!

John

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for the regular edition, the AE is just way too nice
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I'm with you, Garrell!!! C'mon 4/24/12!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I'm with you, Garrell!!! C'mon 4/24/12!!!!!
    I read the cover and then put it on the shelf. Not touching it. I will wait until i get my reading copy in April.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, waiting for the trade edition. Don't want to mess it up. I haven't even opened the S/L (but I took off the shrink wrap)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Becca, you should verify there is a signature on the limitation page. Very occasionally a page slips by without one.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read all my other Grant DT books, so this is next, as soon as I'm done reading the book I'm still reading now. I'm always careful with my books, doesn't matter if it's a limited edition or a trade.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Becca, you should verify there is a signature on the limitation page. Very occasionally a page slips by without one.

John
    Thanks. Just did. I usually do... I should know better!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Re: Anyone start reading their spiffy new AE yet?

No, but I received my LE a while back and just started it today. About a third of the way through and loving it so far!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Count me in the "haven't read it because I'm afraid I'd mess it up" group.

Country
    Country Flag

But why buy these great editions if you won't read them?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. A book may be a decoration, but it could never be just a decoration. Otherwise, why not collect Hummel figures? I very much enjoy reading, or at least looking through, my finely-crafted or otherwise special editions.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can understand those who don't want to read their limited/gift editions as long as a trade edition is coming soon.

John

Country
    Country Flag

But reading a limited edition is so pleasurable... the texture of the fine paper and binding. I dunno. I'm a careful reader as it is, always wash my hands before picking up a book, don't eat or drink while reading, etc., so I have read all the previous DT novels in my Grant editions, as I don't have the regular trade editions and don't see a need. I'm only picking up the trade for this novel due to the awesome cover.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to read in the bathroom (at least initially)!!!! "'Nuff said" !!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Too much information!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Too much information!

John
    I know, but just the "reading copies" no book in my collection has ever been in the "Men's Room"!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread