7 31.82%
  • Effectiveness of Plot Delivery in the Stories: Graded "C"

1 4.55%
  • Never Read

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 3: Four Past Midnight

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 3: Four Past Midnight

Four Past Midnight, 1990

Please grade Four Past Midnight in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Entertainment Quality of the Stories
    • Memorability of the Stories
    • Effectiveness of Plot Delivery in the Stories

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete instructions, see this post.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where's the Poll??

sk

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, this one's all over the place.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my first King books. Ah the memories. This was really mind-blowing, loved it. AAA, of course.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

of course

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A-A-A

sk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty good. Not quite on the Different Seasons level, but probably my 2ND favorite of his novella collections.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I found this one very entertaining, but I can hardly remember The Library Policeman or The Sun Dog. May be time for a re-read.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

BBB, Don't really remember Sun Dog or Library Policeman.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"Sun Dog" terrific.

Country
    Country Flag

So is Library Policeman, except the last quarter or so

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    So is Library Policeman, except the last quarter or so
    Ehn, well, s'okay... I just still kinda view it as mere rough draft for the good part of Gerald's Game...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Pretty good. Not quite on the Different Seasons level, but probably my 2ND favorite of his novella collections.
    It's my first.

sk

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to vote this A+ across the board. My favourite ever novella book. Langoliers blows every one of the others out of the water. (cant believe its not been mentioned in the discussion) Loved the Library policeman, Sun Dog and Secret Window while not as strong as the others was still head and shoulders over Novellas

I cant begin to tell you all how much I love this book (although I think i just did)

Country
    Country Flag

I am rereading Sun Dog right now. It is fantastic - epitome of excellent writing. Feels even more precious after 11/22/63, say sorry

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! The poll is closing!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round Four Past Midnight has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.333333333 or 77.78% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 6.633333333 or 82.92%.

Grade breakdown:
    Entertainment Quality of the Stories: A - 2.437500000 (81.25%)
    Memorability of the Stories: A/B - 2.125000000 (70.83%)
    Effectiveness of Plot Delivery in the Stories: A - 2.437500000 (81.25%)

+ Reply to Thread