• Quality of the Story's Ending: Graded "C"

4 12.90%
  • Never Read

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Group 3: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 3: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, 1984

Please grade The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development
    • Quality of the Story's Ending

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete instructions, see this post.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All A's

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A-A-A

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By far the best Dark Tower novel.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uh-uh.
    It's good, very good, but W&G is by far the best of the series.

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've always said I'm a Stephen King fan first and a dark Tower fan second, or rather, I guess, I'm just a Stephen King fan, and don't really make that delineation in his body of work, thus, for me, it's easy to view the Dark Tower novels as separate, but of course, related, entities, and, therefore, again, for me, The Drawing of the Three is one of King's best novels overall, while other Dark Tower novel all lag far behind, say sorry.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    By far the best Dark Tower novel.
    don't know about by far; even Wolves isn't the best by far (just the best)... but definitely an AAA.

ETA: wow, 6 votes so far, and all AAAs!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ETA: wow, 6 votes so far, and all AAAs!!!
    Of course, some seventh smartass had to come in and break the perfect streak.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A A B. I don't exactly remember the ending. But i blame that more on me being forgetful, lol.

And P.S., Wizard and Glass is the best Dark Tower novel. Fact.

Country
    Country Flag

Fact? How can it be best if it's not very good?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Fact? How can it be best if it's not very good?
    logically, it means that the rest is worse

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    A A B. I don't exactly remember the ending. But i blame that more on me being forgetful, lol.

And P.S., Wizard and Glass is the best Dark Tower novel. Fact.
    I really don't get the love for W&G. I call it "the one that isn't about the Dark Tower, and where Roland spends the entire time getting it on and being a baby, and has art that looks like it took three hours to throw together."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A+, A+, A+

Great as a stand alone novel. Great as an installment in the Dark Tower series, and one of the most addicting novels I have ever read.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Best DT novel? The Waste Lands!!!
    Best example of all those indefinable somethings that make fiction great? The Waste Lands!!!
    But DofT is great entertainment, and when you think about "Strength of Plot," "Character Development," and "Quality of the Story's Ending" I must say, yes, A+, A+, and A+.
    So OK, then -- for my IMO: it IS a topper... this round, anyway.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I always think of this one as the 80s Dark Tower novel...perhaps because a large portion takes place in Eddie's "when" and because it's a prime example of the velocity of King's 80s work.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

A's except for the ending. This novel had especially good character development.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I always think of this one as the 80s Dark Tower novel...perhaps because a large portion takes place in Eddie's "when" and because it's a prime example of the velocity of King's 80s work.
    That's why I love it so much. King in the '80s was amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Best DT novel? The Waste Lands!!!
    Best example of all those indefinable somethings that make fiction great? The Waste Lands!!!
    :sighs:
    yes, this too...
    That's why I said there's no "by far" or "hands down" while we compare them. My personal favorite is Wolves, but I think I agree that TWL is the best.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    That's why I said there's no "by far" or "hands down" while we compare them. My personal favorite is Wolves, but I think I agree that TWL is the best.
    Knowing that there's a difference between personal favourite and the best: another brilliantly valid point by bears!

Oh, and AAA, of course!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All A's from me

As much as I loved the Gunslinger is was DoTT that really sucked me into the DT, and it was here that i developed a little crush on Eddie Dean

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Least favorite of the series for me. I think it was the whole Odetta thing. Still good, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Least favorite of the series for me.
    I think you should be banned.

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shitballs, who voted with Cs, especially in the first two areas?

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I really really wish people would always explain their choice

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! The poll is closing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast