Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I came to this conclusion while riding in my car listening to the radio during lunch....Van Halen's "Jump" may very well just be the most pointless song EVER written.

I was singing along, singing along when it dawned on me that the song really made no sense at all. I quit singing and just sat there listening. By the end of the song, I was pretty pissed off about it.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

"there's a young man, coming through my bathroom!!"

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I came to this conclusion while riding in my car listening to the radio during lunch....Van Halen's "Jump" may very well just be the most pointless song EVER written.

I was singing along, singing along when it dawned on me that the song really made no sense at all. I quit singing and just sat there listening. By the end of the song, I was pretty pissed off about it.
    I read somewhere that Van Halen's The Cradle Will Rock is the most mediocre rock song ever made and that the best way to tell if a song is good or bad is to ask yourself if it's better or worse than The Cradle Will Rock. If it's better, hey...it;s a good song, if not. Bad song.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

the point of Jump is the keyboard
    and the lil geetar solo in the middle there.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The keyboards that broke up Van Halen....then came Van Hagar.....ewww.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Fruno, your too cool

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    5. hard copy of Chocolate and Cheese--Ween
    Is it Guava that has Push The Little Daisies on it? Thats my favourite Ween track.

Country
    Country Flag

Pure Guava has that song, Darkthoughts. Today at Benway I bought used copies of:
    1. Hit To Death In The Future Head--The Flaming Lips
    2. Push Th' Little Daisies EP--Ween [this is a promo only item--verrrry rare!!]
    Both were only $7.99 each!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Fruno, your too cool
    I know.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Is it Guava that has Push The Little Daisies on it? Thats my favourite Ween track.
    The way they play that song live is really cool, they jam out on it. (And fun singin' along with the chorus too. )

Country
    Country Flag

A nice brown track that one is.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had it on a mix tape a friend made for me, but I played it so much the tape snapped! It had a song by Camper Van Beethoven on it too that was kinda like gypsy/irish music with lots of fiddles and stuff...any idea what thats called?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a Camper van Beethoven fan,so no beans.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm waiting for the Drop Kick Murphy's to come by again. They are in Europe on tour and I missed this show....

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so freaking happy I'm getting my car back tomorrow. It's been gone 6 weeks and about 3 days before the accident I put all my favorite discs in the CD changer - and all six of those fuckers have been stuck in there ever since. I had the new Breaking Benjamin and 30 Seconds from Mars that I just got started listening to. The damn battery in the car was dead when I went by a couple days after the accident to rescue them, so I'm going through withdrawal over here.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Recently downloaded the complete Squarepusher and Venetian Snares discogs. Whee!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I'm waiting for the Drop Kick Murphy's to come by again. They are in Europe on tour and I missed this show....

I didn't get to see them at Bogarts because I was broke, and am very angry about it. I love Dropkick Murphys
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am now officially declaring myself old LOL. Between the Dropkick Murphys and whatthehellever Fruno is downloading, I am totally lost.

Damn, thought I was still hip.

Oh well.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I am now officially declaring myself old LOL. Between the Dropkick Murphys and whatthehellever Fruno is downloading, I am totally lost.

Damn, thought I was still hip.

Oh well.

Dropkick Murphys are a "celtic punk" band from Boston. They are amazing. If you have seen the movie The Departed, the song 'Shipping up to Boston" that is playing when they are driving down the street is by them. I highly suggest that anyone check them out as well as Flogging Molly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropkick_Murphys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_Molly
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was not all that into Flogging Molly. I love Celtic music, but they didn't do it for me.

Maybe I'm just a purist. I will check out Dropkick Murphys, though. You never can tell.

I love Cetic music, mostly more traditional, such as Naimh Parsons, Deanta, Capercaille, Wicked Tinkers (AWESOME on the bagpipes, me foine bucko!) Clannad (a bit new-agey, but good), Nataie McMaster (that woman can play the HELL out of a fiddle, IMHO), Alistair Fraser (seen him live a bunch of times, he RAWKS!) and Altan.

We have a Scottish Festival annually about 45 minutes from here - and I heard Hadrian's Wall play there - those boys ROCKED! See if you can find any of their stuff - very cool, IMHO. Lots of fun.

And I thought I was all that and a bag of chips because I like Breaking Benjamin and 30 Seconds from Mars.

As usual, a day late and a dollar short, LOL.

Hey, at least I'm not listening to Musak and thinking it's all good. LOL.

How about The Pogues?

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ya know I realize that downloading music is the hip, popular thing to do, but there's just something about walking into a store and out with a new cd, ripping past all the plastic and tape and popping into the car that is just plain fun.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you, She-Oy. I prefer CDs.

Never listened to the Pogues, Chris. Guess I'll have to check them out, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Anyone a fan of System of a Down?

I think they rock!!!

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And you can't forget The Dubliners Daghain!

My Dad used to hate the Dubliners and also (I am about to blaspheme ) The Sound of Music - so for his birthday one year we had an album cover made up of "The Dubliners sing The Sound of Music!"

I don't own any SoaD but I always like them when I catch them on MTV - especially Chop Suey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast