+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 748

Thread: General Music Discussion

  1. #701
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    So it's the Olympics for singers/performers?
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  2. #702
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,634
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I thought it would never happen: I found a legitimate use for Spotify (something that up until now would be completely useless to me): it is the only source (of which I'm aware) for accessing the soundtrack to Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, which was never released on physical media, and was, but no longer is, available as a download.

    ...of course, this won't actually get me to subscribe to Spotify - I'll rent movies, but I'll be damned if I will rent music - but it's interesting to know that it serves some theoretical purpose after all.
    I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch.

  3. #703
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    7,340
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default TOOL

    Tool will be releasing their first album in 13 years on August, 30 2019.

    The album is titled Fear Inoculum.

    They have played two songs from the album in recent shows; Descending and Invincible.

    *

    All of Tool's music is now available for the first time from streaming services!
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”


  4. #704
    Rabid Billybumbler ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,553
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Tool will be releasing their first album in 13 years on August, 30 2019.

    The album is titled Fear Inoculum.

    They have played two songs from the album in recent shows; Descending and Invincible.

    *

    All of Tool's music is now available for the first time from streaming services!
    Yes! Yesterday my Spotify playlist was full of Tool!
    "If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."
    ~Toni Morrison


  5. #705
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I thought it would never happen: I found a legitimate use for Spotify (something that up until now would be completely useless to me): it is the only source (of which I'm aware) for accessing the soundtrack to Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, which was never released on physical media, and was, but no longer is, available as a download.

    ...of course, this won't actually get me to subscribe to Spotify - I'll rent movies, but I'll be damned if I will rent music - but it's interesting to know that it serves some theoretical purpose after all.

    Awww come on...we all KNOW you are a closet mumble rap fan!!!!
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  6. #706
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Tool will be releasing their first album in 13 years on August, 30 2019.

    The album is titled Fear Inoculum.

    They have played two songs from the album in recent shows; Descending and Invincible.

    *

    All of Tool's music is now available for the first time from streaming services!
    Yes! Yesterday my Spotify playlist was full of Tool!
    There's a joke here...but I'm a gentleman!!!!
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  7. #707
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,634
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Pink Floyd has a new box set on the way, a bargain at only $474.98 (it does contain a shitload of stuff I'd love to have):

    https://www.amazon.com/Later-Years-1...gateway&sr=8-5
    I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch.

  8. #708
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Pink Floyd has a new box set on the way, a bargain at only $474.98 (it does contain a shitload of stuff I'd love to have):

    https://www.amazon.com/Later-Years-1...gateway&sr=8-5

    I wonder if the pig is dead or alive before you open the box.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  9. #709
    a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,946
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Fear Inoculum dropped!

    I know what I'm listening to for the next week or so
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

  10. #710
    Joker fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    19,464
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    Default

    My gosh, it's been so long since I've listened to Tool. Let me check out a song from that album, what's the best one?
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  11. #711
    a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,946
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I only got to listen to three and a half tracks before I had to leave, so I'll have to report back later. So far so good, though, imo!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

  12. #712
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    7,340
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    After one complete listen, I like Descending and 7empest best.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”


  13. #713
    The Asset Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    I hate that Phantom Planet did that damn California song because, if you can wipe that song from your memory, they really have some damn good music in their collection.


  14. #714
    Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau will become famous soon enough craigobau's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    117
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    How good is the new Tool album

    Great individual tracks, but even stronger as a whole album listening experience.

  15. #715
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    7,340
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    How good is the new Tool album

    Great individual tracks, but even stronger as a whole album listening experience.
    I'm liking it. I see some people complaining that is sounds like Tool.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”


  16. #716
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    7,340
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    If you like Iron Maiden, use this code - PCIM20 - at Rockabilia.com checkout to receive 20% off merch through Sept. 10.

    https://rockabilia.com/collections/iron-maiden
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”


  17. #717
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Hmmm...who around here might like Iron Maiden?

    I think I will take advantage of that code though...thanks!

    I'm down to 35 Iron Maiden T-shirts. I need to stock up!

    Yes...I know...I have a problem!

    But I saw a few on the site I don't have...I blame Brian!
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  18. #718
    Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau will become famous soon enough craigobau's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    117
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hmmm...who around here might like Iron Maiden?

    I think I will take advantage of that code though...thanks!

    I'm down to 35 Iron Maiden T-shirts. I need to stock up!

    Yes...I know...I have a problem!

    But I saw a few on the site I don't have...I blame Brian!

    I know it's cliched, but i'm not a big fan of the recent albums compared to the band's mid-80's releases (which I know is a very unfair comparison).


    Having said that, the run of albums up to Somewhere In Time are fantastic.

  19. #719
    a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,946
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    ot gonna lie, I haven't even bothered with the new stuff. I just know that it won't live up to 2Minutes to Midnight, lol.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

  20. #720
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,634
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I finally bought and listened to the new Tool album. I got what I paid for - it's possibly/probably my favorite of theirs (a bit too early to know for sure). 7empest basically blew my head off. I'm going to see them in November; I can't wait.
    I hired Donald Trump to fire people like Yovanovitch.

  21. #721
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hmmm...who around here might like Iron Maiden?

    I think I will take advantage of that code though...thanks!

    I'm down to 35 Iron Maiden T-shirts. I need to stock up!

    Yes...I know...I have a problem!

    But I saw a few on the site I don't have...I blame Brian!

    I know it's cliched, but i'm not a big fan of the recent albums compared to the band's mid-80's releases (which I know is a very unfair comparison).


    Having said that, the run of albums up to Somewhere In Time are fantastic.
    I'm a big fan of A Matter of Life and Death which was 2006 (I think) and I hold the opinion that it is their third best album. but Souls is not their best work. I like Brave New World and Final Frontier but I can do without Virtual X and X Factor and the Virus EP.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  22. #722
    Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    So it's apparently become a meme since Post Malone teamed up with Ozzy on a song that a bunch of people don't know who Ozzy is and think Post Malone is going to make him famous. Meanwhile people from my generation are all like "Who the fuck is Post Malone?"

    I finally heard the song for the first time today. Turns out it's actually pretty good.

    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  23. #723
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    7,340
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So it's apparently become a meme since Post Malone teamed up with Ozzy on a song that a bunch of people don't know who Ozzy is and think Post Malone is going to make him famous. Meanwhile people from my generation are all like "Who the fuck is Post Malone?"

    I finally heard the song for the first time today. Turns out it's actually pretty good.

    I had never heard of Post Malone until I heard about this song last week.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”


  24. #724
    Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So it's apparently become a meme since Post Malone teamed up with Ozzy on a song that a bunch of people don't know who Ozzy is and think Post Malone is going to make him famous. Meanwhile people from my generation are all like "Who the fuck is Post Malone?"

    I finally heard the song for the first time today. Turns out it's actually pretty good.

    I had never heard of Post Malone until I heard about this song last week.
    I had heard of him mostly because one of my daughter's friend talked about him all the time. He also has a song in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  25. #725
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,707
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yes...and I once heard that Ozzy was in a band BEFORE going solo...Black Sunday or something like that.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts