Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Only one, called One of These Things First, but I liked it so much I downloaded two albums - Five Leaves Left and Pink Moon.

Have you seen Garden State Jayson?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Only one, called One of These Things First, but I liked it so much I downloaded two albums - Five Leaves Left and Pink Moon.

Have you seen Garden State Jayson?
    I have seen it once and didn't really like it all that much. I thought I would have since I am originally from NY and grew up in NJ, but alas, it wasn't for me.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of These Things First
    That is a great song! I personally like Which Will above all of his songs but there are so many great songs to choose from.

If you guys haven't heard Smokin Too Long, which I believe is one of his "home recorded tracks," it's pretty simple but I like that one as well.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I have seen it once and didn't really like it all that much. I thought I would have since I am originally from NY and grew up in NJ, but alas, it wasn't for me.
    You are one of only a handful of people who I've known of to say they didn't like Garden State much. I didn't either and people think I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    You are one of only a handful of people who I've known of to say they didn't like Garden State much. I didn't either and people think I'm crazy.
    We could both be crazy as well

Affirmative.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true. i'm pretty sure I am...but I don't think that my opinion on the movie has anything to do with it.

Affirmative.
    Thanks.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved garden state.

Especially the soundtrack.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I just got the soundtrack to Once (see SJ's av and sig). I couldn't be more pleased. I guess you could call it progressive Irish folk, singer-songwriter? Anyways, its spectacular.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for posting that Ryan! I went to check it out to see what it was and the first track, falling slowly, I've heard a couple times and have been wondering what the song is, and now I finally found it. I'm listening to the rest of the album now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds pretty interesting, Jude.

Stumbled across a young Canuck whose voice and sound I love.

Claire Jenkins avec Band
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Yay Once!
    Anyone who's heard or seen it: What's your favorite song?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Awesome Heather and Tiffany

SJ, (unfound one) is the saint who turned me onto the movie and the soundtrack (in fact she sent me the movie).

My favorite song off the album is "All the Way Down" which is only Glen, but I love all of them.

Good call with that one Ryan.
    It's probably my second fave...
    Say It To Me Now is my absolute favorite though.
    So much passion in that song. Brilliant.
    Oh! And in the film when he sings that one on the street it's just way intense in the best possible way. I love love love Glen's face when he sings.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm going to have to check out the movie now

That's an excellent choice Heather.

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I just heard the new Metallica song.

FIRE!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Timbaland - Cornell stuff:

http://www.1019rxp.com/podcast/rocke...cepodcast.aspx

'Ground Zero' sounds nice.
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Daggers, I thought you might enjoy this.
    It's a new video I came across of Yoav. Skip to about the 2min mark and he goes over how he comes up with the beats for one of his songs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rqUwlDYjg"]YouTube - Yoav in Moscow[/ame]

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lately I've really been getting into the "gypsy-punk" band as they are described, Gogol Bordello. Most of the band are immigrants from Russian and the Ukraine and their music is incredible. I also love their stage performances, they are full of energy and excitement.

It's good stuff.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So, what about TDK soundtrack being the only CD to play in my car ever since I got it, a month and a half ago!

Wow Feev. You're my hero.

In other news...
    A Public Service Announcement for iTunes Users:
    I highly recommend downloading Genius when you update to the new version of iTunes. It's brilliant.
    Basically it analyzes the music you have in your library, how often you listen to it, genres and such, and then compares it to ratings on iTunes.
    When you're in a mood for a certain song, you play that song, click the Genius button, and it automatically compiles a playlist for you of similar music in your own library.

I love it - I've been using it nonstop since I downloaded it.

/end PSA

Sounds like a fun feature SJ.

I'm my own genius. I know my library inside and out and my mind formulates playlists all the time based on any number of criteria. Of course I don't expect everyone to be as obsessed with every aspect of their collection like me. I just can't help myself.

Somehow, Jayson, I knew you would say something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast