Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So it's the Olympics for singers/performers?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I thought it would never happen: I found a legitimate use for Spotify (something that up until now would be completely useless to me): it is the only source (of which I'm aware) for accessing the soundtrack to Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, which was never released on physical media, and was, but no longer is, available as a download.

...of course, this won't actually get me to subscribe to Spotify - I'll rent movies, but I'll be damned if I will rent music - but it's interesting to know that it serves some theoretical purpose after all.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TOOL

Tool will be releasing their first album in 13 years on August, 30 2019.

The album is titled Fear Inoculum.

They have played two songs from the album in recent shows; Descending and Invincible.

All of Tool's music is now available for the first time from streaming services!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

They have played two songs from the album in recent shows; Descending and Invincible.

All of Tool's music is now available for the first time from streaming services!
    Yes! Yesterday my Spotify playlist was full of Tool!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I thought it would never happen: I found a legitimate use for Spotify (something that up until now would be completely useless to me): it is the only source (of which I'm aware) for accessing the soundtrack to Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, which was never released on physical media, and was, but no longer is, available as a download.

...of course, this won't actually get me to subscribe to Spotify - I'll rent movies, but I'll be damned if I will rent music - but it's interesting to know that it serves some theoretical purpose after all.

Awww come on...we all KNOW you are a closet mumble rap fan!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post

Yes! Yesterday my Spotify playlist was full of Tool!
    There's a joke here...but I'm a gentleman!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Pink Floyd has a new box set on the way, a bargain at only $474.98 (it does contain a shitload of stuff I'd love to have):

https://www.amazon.com/Later-Years-1...gateway&sr=8-5

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Pink Floyd has a new box set on the way, a bargain at only $474.98 (it does contain a shitload of stuff I'd love to have):

https://www.amazon.com/Later-Years-1...gateway&sr=8-5

I wonder if the pig is dead or alive before you open the box.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Fear Inoculum dropped!

I know what I'm listening to for the next week or so
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My gosh, it's been so long since I've listened to Tool. Let me check out a song from that album, what's the best one?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I only got to listen to three and a half tracks before I had to leave, so I'll have to report back later. So far so good, though, imo!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After one complete listen, I like Descending and 7empest best.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I hate that Phantom Planet did that damn California song because, if you can wipe that song from your memory, they really have some damn good music in their collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How good is the new Tool album

Great individual tracks, but even stronger as a whole album listening experience.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    How good is the new Tool album

Great individual tracks, but even stronger as a whole album listening experience.
    I'm liking it. I see some people complaining that is sounds like Tool.

Country
    Country Flag

If you like Iron Maiden, use this code - PCIM20 - at Rockabilia.com checkout to receive 20% off merch through Sept. 10.

https://rockabilia.com/collections/iron-maiden

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...who around here might like Iron Maiden?

I think I will take advantage of that code though...thanks!

I'm down to 35 Iron Maiden T-shirts. I need to stock up!

Yes...I know...I have a problem!

But I saw a few on the site I don't have...I blame Brian!

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I know it's cliched, but i'm not a big fan of the recent albums compared to the band's mid-80's releases (which I know is a very unfair comparison).

Having said that, the run of albums up to Somewhere In Time are fantastic.

My Mood
    Dead

ot gonna lie, I haven't even bothered with the new stuff. I just know that it won't live up to 2Minutes to Midnight, lol.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I finally bought and listened to the new Tool album. I got what I paid for - it's possibly/probably my favorite of theirs (a bit too early to know for sure). 7empest basically blew my head off. I'm going to see them in November; I can't wait.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I know it's cliched, but i'm not a big fan of the recent albums compared to the band's mid-80's releases (which I know is a very unfair comparison).

Having said that, the run of albums up to Somewhere In Time are fantastic.
    I'm a big fan of A Matter of Life and Death which was 2006 (I think) and I hold the opinion that it is their third best album. but Souls is not their best work. I like Brave New World and Final Frontier but I can do without Virtual X and X Factor and the Virus EP.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So it's apparently become a meme since Post Malone teamed up with Ozzy on a song that a bunch of people don't know who Ozzy is and think Post Malone is going to make him famous. Meanwhile people from my generation are all like "Who the fuck is Post Malone?"

I finally heard the song for the first time today. Turns out it's actually pretty good.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So it's apparently become a meme since Post Malone teamed up with Ozzy on a song that a bunch of people don't know who Ozzy is and think Post Malone is going to make him famous. Meanwhile people from my generation are all like "Who the fuck is Post Malone?"

I finally heard the song for the first time today. Turns out it's actually pretty good.

I had never heard of Post Malone until I heard about this song last week.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I had never heard of Post Malone until I heard about this song last week.
    I had heard of him mostly because one of my daughter's friend talked about him all the time. He also has a song in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...and I once heard that Ozzy was in a band BEFORE going solo...Black Sunday or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast