Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: General Music Discussion

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ronnie James Dio on tour in 2017!

Dead man singing!

Hologram of Hell!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pathetic, I got all fan girly just seeing James Hetfield's hands.... /squeal

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

New Tool album in 2018?

Danny Carey says "definitely" and Tom Morello likes what he's heard of it:

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I'm pathetic, I got all fan girly just seeing James Hetfield's hands.... /squeal

LOL

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post

LOL
    I know right?

That's okay, you should have heard it this summer when the cameras zoomed in on his hands during the show at Comerica Park and everyone noticed he was using a guitar pick with 'Detroit' written on it.

The cheering was *deafening*...so I know I'm not the one who has the hots for that man's hands. :-P

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...I understand. I tried to do a photo series of men's hands (I mean Sorts Illustrated has a swimsuit issue) but I found no one to serve as models. I found that my hands were not...attractive.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Does anybody listen to J Roddy Walton & The Business? I’ve only recently discovered them and am really digging the sound.

https://youtu.be/9wlBZFWwfaE

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I get really excited when I hear a story involving the history of a song. I came across this bit of info the other day involving The Monotones' Book of Love. I thought it was pretty cool.

"One interesting story about an incident that happened during the recording of the song bears repeating: according to the apocryphal story, while the group was rehearsing the intro of the song in the studio, a baseball came crashing through a window and -- perfectly timed -- hit a wall, causing a resounding crash. The group was listening to a playback of the song and sure enough, there it was: "Oh, I wonder, wonder ohm ba doo doo who -- BOOM! -- who wrote the book of love?" They decided to keep it, adding a solitary kick of a bass drum during their session at New York's Bell Studios."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What a GREAT story!!

I love such stories.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The 10 Best Smashing Pumpkins Songs

I tried making my own top ten SP tunes but am having a very hard time narrowing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What a GREAT story!!

I love such stories.
    Right?! I get so excited to hear little random facts about the history of a song.

Here's another one I learned recently that kinda blew my mind. The Animals recorded House of the Rising Sun in one take. One. Fucking. Take. to create that magnificent piece of music.

I swear I always thought a dude sang this song until the other day.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I always love sharing this fact about the song Fernando, by ABBA. Apparently at one point the song was going to be called Hernandez (my last name). How crazy is that?

Like many other ABBA songs it was composed by the two male members of ABBA, Björn Ulvaeus, and Benny Andersson along with Stig Anderson, ABBA’s manager. (Ulvaeus, and Andersson did not just write songs for ABBA and its members, they wrote songs for many other Swedish artists.) The song’s first title was “Tango”. Then apparently it was called “Hernandez”. A last minute change was made prior to recording in August 1975 - this is when the name “Fernando” was used. The song was originally a love story in Swedish about Fernando having lost his one true love.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I swear I always thought a dude sang this song until the other day.
    That's funny, I always thought this was sung by a man up until about ten years ago....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy...That song just made me go lock my front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Tommy...That song just made me go lock my front door.
    I know right? I actually really love that song once getting past that scene. Jonathan Demme used it his movie Married to Mob before using it Silence of the Lambs.

Something that is kind of creepy is the lady who sang it seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth and many presume she is dead.

The song that really puts me right back into Bill's basement is this one though...

Sure Bill was a murderer but man, he had some great taste in music!

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I always love sharing this fact about the song Fernando, by ABBA. Apparently at one point the song was going to be called Hernandez (my last name). How crazy is that?

Like many other ABBA songs it was composed by the two male members of ABBA, Björn Ulvaeus, and Benny Andersson along with Stig Anderson, ABBA’s manager. (Ulvaeus, and Andersson did not just write songs for ABBA and its members, they wrote songs for many other Swedish artists.) The song’s first title was “Tango”. Then apparently it was called “Hernandez”. A last minute change was made prior to recording in August 1975 - this is when the name “Fernando” was used. The song was originally a love story in Swedish about Fernando having lost his one true love.
    Dude, that's crazy.

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...rst-ever-song/
    Frances Bean Cobain is the daughter of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, so naturally any sort of music she releases is going to receive immense scrutiny. That probably explains why Cobain shied away from the medium for the first 24 years of her life. In recent months, however, she’s seemed more receptive to showing off her natural-born talents, and has shared a capella covers of Jimmy Eat World’s “The Middle” and Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” to her Instagram page. Tonight brings another video performance, and this time it’s an original.

Cobain claimed the untitled song as her own and shared some of its lyrics: “I think I saw you when I was small/ I think I found you/ A penny for your good thoughts/ I think I found you/Jesus hangs in your place on the cross/ All these hinges become unscrewed/ Heaven knows it was a cage on earth.” Another verse not featured in the video hears Cobain singing, “Stable sable sold her heart/ No one asks her why she hides in a basket in her house in a box/ Find a fiend who reigns supreme in May/ Fast enough for blooming buds to lay their egg.’”

She captioned the song/video by writing, “A) there are so many memeable moments in this clip B) I’m SUPER restless because i can’t play guitar with long nails so I’m just sitting in my room alone singin to mah self C) not having a TV in my house is the best decision because I’m forced to occupy my time with things that feed my brain & soul instead of wasting energy on thinking about not having to think.”

Watch it below.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.jambase.com/article/wood...woods-new-york
    In June of 2014, Michael Lang – a key figure behind the original Woodstock festival – made big news when he announced his intentions to throw a 50th anniversary celebration for Woodstock in 2019. Little has been said about the festival since, but it appears an amphitheater built on the site of the original Woodstock is gearing up to host a 50th anniversary celebration and recently received financial help from the state of New York.

While the original 1969 festival was supposed to take place in Woodstock, New York; permitting issues led organizers to move the event 43 miles outside of town to Max Yasgur’s farm in Bethel, New York. In 2006, Bethel Woods Center For The Arts opened on a campus of 2,000 acres that features a 15,000-capacity amphitheater, a museum and more intimate gallery space. The campus includes the site where the Woodstock festival took place in 1969. Operators of the not-for-profit Bethel Woods were recently awarded a grant to help with planning for an event in honor of Woodstock’s 50th anniversary in 2019.

The Poughkeepsie Journal reports Bethel Woods Center For The Arts received $689,063 earmarked towards a three-day festival in 2019 from New York State’s Regional Economic Development Council. As for now, whether Bethel will host a festival planned by Michael Lang is unclear.

Lang and his partners have put together Woodstock anniversary festivals in the past at locations far from where the original event took place. Woodstock ’94 featured the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blues Traveler, Primus, The Allman Brothers Band and Bob Dylan performing at Winston Farm in Saugerties. Then there was the infamous Woodstock ’99, which took place in Rome, New York and is more familiar to music fans for the violence, alleged rapes and fires that went down at the site than the music.

State officials gave the grant to Bethel Woods operators in aims of spurring tourism and economic growth. An additional grant of $28,225 was issued for various improvements to Bethel Woods including markers noting where major events of the 1969 festival took place. Stay tuned for more on Woodstock 50th anniversary celebrations as the Summer of 2019 approaches.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn...

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/k...mn-1202754548/
    Kendrick Lamar has won a Pulitzer Prize for music for his album “Damn.,” the organization announced Monday afternoon. Host Dana Canedy seemed quietly delighted when making the announcement.

While the Pulitzer’s usual laudatory blurb explaining the reasoning behind the award was not available at press time, there’s little doubt about the impact Lamar has had on hip-hop, music and culture since he broke into the mainstream with his 2012 album “Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.” Each of his albums has been a vast musical progression from the one that came before, but most importantly, his lyrics reflect his upbringing in Los Angeles’ tough Compton area, the black experience in America, hip-hop’s history and legacy, stardom and countless other topics — all through a remarkably modest and self-assured attitude, one that does not lack the confidence and bluster that most rappers have, but all through the lens of an old soul. Lamar, 30, has won 11 Grammy Awards and has been lauded by and has met with President Barack Obama on several occasions.

Musically, his albums have challenged both himself and hip-hop’s standards: While “Good Kid” was a kaleidoscopic take on Lamar’s own life and upbringing in a thoroughly melodic yet hard-hitting musical context, his next album was a deep challenge to his audience: He enlisted a battery of Los Angeles jazz musicians to back him, and while songs like the Isley Brothers-sampling “Alright” — an unofficial anthem of the Black Lives Matter movement — were relatively straightforward musically, others were challenging even to jazz heads. And while “Damn.” is a return to more conventional hip-hop overall, it is not without its challenges: For example, the second half of “D.N.A.” features three different musical elements that barely seem to have anything to do with each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast