Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012: Overview of the results so far (Round 2)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I weep for BH!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I weep for BH!
    What the hell is BH?
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Black House. A great book that, alas, appears not to be advancing to Round 3.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering if I could borrow our sister awards' results board for a second to promote a new type of awards ...

The 2012 Collector Awards!

We are still on Round One, Question One and would love some more opinions! Check out the link above and vote! Question One will be ending and Question Two will be starting tomorrow (Sunday) around 12pm Pacific Daylight Time. Get your votes in now!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And so Round 2 is over! The following ten books have made it to Round 3, set to commence on March 29!

01. The Stand (7.532633158) (94.16%)
    02. It (7.495238095) (93.69%)
    03. The Green Mile (7.486666667) (93.58%)
    04. 11/22/63 (7.473429952) (93.42%)
    05. Misery (7.458974359) (93.24%)
    06. The Waste Lands (7.455128205) (93.19%)
    07. The Drawing of the Three (7.330503678) (91.63%)
    08. Different Seasons (7.305555556) (91.32%)
    09. The Shining (7.300000000) (91.25%)
    10. Duma Key (7.276353277) (90.95%)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Roar 11/22/63!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary, my favorite of all, juuuuust missed the 10th place. Oh well.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key just made it. Just.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, these were the Top-10 books in prior years (final standings shown):

2009:

01. The Stand (8.425725232 - 94.67%)
    02. The Drawing of the Three (8.233333333 - 92.51%)
    03. It (8.187809036 - 92.00%)
    04. The Dark Tower (7.993040293 - 89.81%)
    05. The Waste Lands (7.722916667 - 86.77%)
    06. The Talisman (7.677326108 - 86.26%)
    07. The Long Walk (7.449095200 - 83.70%)
    08. The Green Mile (7.390527065 - 83.04%)
    09. The Shining (7.333188875 - 82.40%)
    10. Different Seasons (7.209375000 - 81.00%)

2010:

01. The Stand (8.599695122 - 96.63%)
    02. It (8.241979950 - 92.61%)
    03. The Drawing of the Three (8.058128079 - 90.54%)
    04. The Waste Lands (8.054834055 - 90.50%)
    05. The Shining (7.818167267 - 87.84%)
    06. The Talisman (7.806523264 - 87.71%)
    07. 'Salem's Lot (7.645284238 - 85.90%)
    08. The Green Mile (7.458091787 - 83.80%)
    09. Different Seasons (7.424465812 - 83.42%)
    10. Pet Sematary (7.358059778 - 82.67%)

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised to see Green Mile rank so high.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I'm really surprised to see Green Mile rank so high.
    Pleasantly surprised.

Country
    Country Flag

And it seems that DT2 and DT3 are consistently ranked as the best Dark Tower novels, so we can probably put that debate to rest

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... no Desperation, no Black House, not a single time... no Wolves...

...but Duma Key did make it this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key, yeah, first time for it in Round 3. I bet you're happy, Jean!

Country
    Country Flag

happy? I am rapturous!

Country
    Country Flag

quoted from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    rereading Pet Sematary. Fantastically, exceedingly good.
    Indeed, so sad it just missed the third round of the CRAs.
    I just don't understand it. The Shining there and Pet Sematary not? It doesn't make sense.

I am not talking about Green Mile or 11/22/63, because I know that people love them dearly for some reasons that have eluded me all this time; but The Shining? It is good, nice, classic, all that; Pet Sematary is a masterpiece.

Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary also missed the 2009 CRAs, and just barely made it in 2010, so I'm not surprised. Saddened, though, as it's my favorite King work.

Country
    Country Flag

alas, there are only five slots in a Top Five list... but the sixth belongs to Pet Sematary, as far as bears are concerned

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Salem's Lot, one of the best vampire novels ever and not in
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm pretty bummed that 2 of my favorites The Long Walk and Pet Semetary are next in line and just barely missed out. I'd definitely put them in there above others. Jean, do you have a top 10? I've been thinking of maybe trying to put together a ranking of the ones I've read.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm pretty bummed that 2 of my favorites The Long Walk and Pet Semetary are next in line and just barely missed out. I'd definitely put them in there above others. Jean, do you have a top 10? I've been thinking of maybe trying to put together a ranking of the ones I've read.
    do it! I'd be extremely interested to know

I think for now my top ten is (without the DT)

1. It
    2. The Stand.
    3. Black House
    4. Desperation
    5. Duma Key
    6. Pet Sematary
    7. The Dead Zone
    8. The Tommyknockers
    9. Misery
    10. From a Buick 8

The last place is very uncertain. It could just as well be 'Salem's Lot, or The Girl WLTG, Needful Things, or Under the Dome. I am doing a major (not total, though) re-read now, so there may be some changes.

Country
    Country Flag

oh shit, disregard the above post completely! I forgot about Bachman

I got to fit Long Walk and Roadwork somewhere.

Country
    Country Flag

What about Insomnia, Jean?

Country
    Country Flag

see? top 1 is possible, top 5 extremely hard, top 10 unthinkable

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh shit, disregard the above post completely! I forgot about Bachman

I got to fit Long Walk and Roadwork somewhere.
    I was going to ask where The Long Walk was
    I'll try to put mine together.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast