Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Nope...still doesn't work for me.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Nope...still doesn't work for me.

Was doing a little rereading last night and Susannah being a quadriplegic still drags her character (and the story) down for me. With her split personality (which I found compelling) it's just too much...too tedious and it causes me to focus too much on the drudgery of hauling her around. I just don't see how it adds to the story in any way. It would have been better if King had put more energy into developing events around Susannah's Detta/Odetta situation. The handicap dynamic worked in Cycle of the Werewolf; not so much here where there's so much travel involved. Seems like "Gan" would have picked someone that could walk.

So there.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you just nailed it as to why Susannah is my least favorite of the ka tet. Too much drudgery, along with the personalities, there were times when she drove me crazy.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it does become tiresome after a while.
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously hope that when they eventually get around to the TV show/movie, they leave out that little detail. I don't think it would be missed at all.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

only if in the next version of Notre Dame de Paris they leave out Quasimodo's hump, as insignificant, unsightly, and annoying.

And call it the Straightback of Notre Dame.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Come to think of it, I always thought that he should lose the whole "hunchback" motif. I mean, really? A hunchback? The story would have been so much better if he were all buff and what not like Brad Pitt.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Short people! - Got no reason to live!