Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot case & Original art by Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 'Salem's Lot case & Original art by Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to order and purchase a new, unique and fine Collectible case for your First Trade Edition of 'Salem's Lot. Glenn Chadbourne and Ned Dameron are producing hand signed and Lettered, full-color original art pieces to be carefully affixed to the inside lid of each custom, hand-made Dolso wooden tray case, designed to hold the US Trade 1st edition of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot. Each artist will create "Lettered" art pieces for this series. Each art piece will be based upon a scene from 'Salem's Lot.

Engraved in the wooden cover of each and every Tray Case, will be a Ned Dameron piece.

Letter Z and ZZ Are Reserved For Charity Auctions

Each unique case, made of fine streaked maple, will bear the engraved original cover art, a Lettered piece from Glenn Chadbourne or Ned Dameron and feature a felt bed, ribbon pull and magnetic clasp. This is a stand-alone case, however it is built to also match the recently released "Night Shift" and "The Shining" cases. They will look great on your shelf as a "matched-set".

Dick Olson's (DOLSO) finely crafted Wooden Slip and Tray Cases are revered and treasured by Collectors. Here is your chance to own a unique, hand crafted collectible item, with original art by a renowned artist to hold your precious
    First edition of 'Salem's Lot

Since we don't have all the art yet, we are handling orders in a new way:
    Instead of just producing 26 or 52 Lettered cases with art and then hoping they sell, we are going to go with a pre-order system. If 15 of you order cases, we will make 15 -- if 50 of you order, we'll make 50. There won't be more than 52 cases made - two of them being auctioned for charity. You will have the choice of whether you want Ned's art or Glenn's art but, since it is a pre-order, you will be ordering the art 'blind'. You can choose which artist you want to do your case, but you won't have any control over the actual scene that is produced - there will not be a pic of each piece to choose from.

They will NOT be designated as A thru Z being Glenn and AA thru ZZ from Ned. We may end up with A as Ned, B as Glenn, C & D as Ned etc.

On the order page you choose the letter you wish. In the note section of the Paypal transaction you must indicate which artist you want.

We expect these cases to sell-out quickly so get your orders in NOW!!
    Price is $319.95 + $19.95 Shipping and Handling (US Only-International Shipping by Quote)
    We encourage you to order quickly, there will be no more than 52 cases produced so don't get left out - reserve your case today!
    $175.00 Deposit non-refundable after 5 business days. Reservation is transferable up to 7 days prior to delivery notice.

TO RESERVE YOUR LETTER AND PLACE A $175 DEPOSIT-CLICK HERE
    Please note: If you previously registered on The Shining page, you will need to re-register-sorry.

Complete delivery of cases estimated Late Summer 2012
    Sample Artwork:
    (L) Ned Dameron depiction of Straker in Antique Shop Window. (R) Glenn Chadbourne depiction of Danny Glick outside Mark Petrie's window

Case Cover:

Images And Content © 2012 www.TheDarkTower.org
    Art
    © 2012 Glenn Chadbourne, Ned Dameron

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't anyone excited about Dameron doing this?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am SO excited (no really), always wanted an original piece by him and failed with many bids with his remarqued books. So surprise, surprise i have asked Ned to do the art for my letter 'E'. I don't even have a Salem's Lot US 1st yet put couldn't pass up loosing out on my letter 'E'. I have to say theough that one by Glenn is beautiful too!

One question, will the case house a UK 1st too? Great job putting this together!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is GREAT NEWS! Another AWESOME case!

Dick, would it be possible for TDT Members to spread either the Deposit OR the Final payments out over the course of several months? In essence, initiate a payment plan?

Obviously knowing that the case wouldn't ship until payment was received in full...

Thoughts?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As with all the other cases, I will not get one. Can't afford to buy them if I still want to be able to spend money on books. But I have loved all of them so far and this is no exception. The Danny Glick piece by Chadbourne is fantastic!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be way more excited if it was a Waste Lands case with original Dameron art in it. Now that I'm out of the running for the remarqued book, I'm thinking about this one (even though I've never even read 'Salem's Lot).

However, and I don't want to sound like the grammar police, isn't the apostrophe before Salem going the wrong way?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you referring to the Case cover?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to the DJ Design, it is......

Hmmm......

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, on the case. It's an abbreviation/contraction for Jerusalem's, so it should use a right curly single quote.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

And the opposite direction apostrophe?...Quote within a quote?

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

They should both be going in the same direction, as on the dust jacket. The first one is to abbreviate Jerusalem, the second one is to show possession. It's only an issue if you are using curly/smart quotes.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The cover is a prototype. Dick felt that the "6" shape apostrophe looked better with the "9" following it. Dick will chime in, but if needed it can be changed, and we have one unique case. Consider it the "Cody" first state of the cover. Bob is buying it as we speak for >$1K.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The cover is a prototype. Dick felt that the "6" shape apostrophe looked better with the "9" following it. Dick will chime in, but if needed it can be changed, and we have one unique case. Consider it the "Cody" first state of the cover. Bob is buying it as we speak for >$1K.
    "Father Cody" Edition!! Good one, RF. In that case (No Pun) maybe we should hold it for the "Z" or "ZZ" Auction cases!!! I'll bid $1,025.00, Bob! Your turn!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    They should both be going in the same direction, as on the dust jacket. The first one is to abbreviate Jerusalem, the second one is to show possession. It's only an issue if you are using curly/smart quotes.
    When you let a guy that doesn't know enough to move his arm out of the way of a saw blade start playing with fonts and computers, this is what you get. In my (slight) defense, the computer put the apostrophe the direction it wanted to - and who am I to argue with computers and font designers!!! That being said, of course I'll change it to match the book title.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another case? Not taking away from anyone involved, but...another case?

Anyone care to share how Dameron got involved? It's interesting since he usually sticks to DTIII illustrations. Jerome? Dick?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the apostrophe, I like it the way it is...for what it's worth.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    One question, will the case house a UK 1st too? Great job putting this together!
    Since I don't have a UK 1st, I'll have to check the dimensions & get back to you.............
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Anyone care to share how Dameron got involved? It's interesting since he usually sticks to DTIII illustrations. Jerome? Dick?
    Sort of like books - try as you might to get the timing down, they seem to come out all at once ...........

Dameron? -- We asked - he agreed.
    www.bookslipcase.com

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What would you have Dolso produce, a wooden train whistle?

As far as Dameron getting involved, I'll let Dick or someone else tell the story.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Dick, would it be possible for TDT Members to spread either the Deposit OR the Final payments out over the course of several months? In essence, initiate a payment plan?

Obviously knowing that the case wouldn't ship until payment was received in full...

Thoughts?
    AKC - I wouldn't want to give a blanket YES to the question but if you PM or email me I'm sure we could work something out that's agreeable to us both. A Payment plan would be on a case by case basis but drop me a line.

RF- I could always make a 'dil-dolso'.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post

Sort of like books - try as you might to get the timing down, they seem to come out all at once ...........

Dameron? -- We asked - he agreed.
    Close to the vest..... I can respect that!!! I know he doesn't do this stuff for just anybody. Way to go boyz!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Hope fully that comment about Ned didn't come across as snarky - it wasn't meant to. Seriously, that was the way it went - we asked him to do it, negotiated a price and he agreed.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope fully that comment about Ned didn't come across as snarky - it wasn't meant to. Seriously, that was the way it went - we asked him to do it, negotiated a price and he agreed.
    Not snarky to me at all...Dick

P.S. BTW I'm not sure if I can afford one of these yet. How long are these going to be for sale. Will you be taken orders until all 52 are sold or is there a cut off date?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Thoughts?
    AKC - I wouldn't want to give a blanket YES to the question but if you PM or email me I'm sure we could work something out that's agreeable to us both. A Payment plan would be on a case by case basis but drop me a line.
    See Dick's note regarding the possibility of a payment plan. Dick would be open to discussing "unique" payment options on a case-by-case basis.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've personally had an opportunity to see Ned's work first hand and boys and girls there is no hype when I say "You ain't gonna believe the quality and style"!!!! He's working in what I surmise, from my brief view, as oils or acrylics!!! It's just head and tails above anything done before!!! Not to take anything away from Glenn, who loves this book or anyone else, but WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Plus the whole process, from what I have seen!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast