Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot case & Original art by Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're enjoying them, I'll put a couple more up......

The Preliminary of the 'Antique Store' piece.........

The Final 'Antique Store'......

The Preliminary of 'Hanging Huby'...... (the final should be available shortly)

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Great stuff!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Those are freaking awesome. Maybe I should return my Jeep...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brand new Dameron art. Interesting to see the difference between Chadbourne and Dameron on the Hubie Marsten suicide.

Check out the order page to see the images side by side:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=%2...eronchadbourne

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should be noted, these pics do not do the original pieces any justice. They are totally awesome when seen from a first person advantage. The man is working in oils or acrylics!!!! Truly remarkable!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

'Salem's Lot is Glenn's favorite SK novel so it will interesting to see how they turn out. So far his interpretations are closely following the book.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    'Salem's Lot is Glenn's favorite SK novel so it will interesting to see how they turn out. So far his interpretations are closely following the book.
    No disrespect, but exactly who the heck are you? Just curious.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Dameron's Hubie is the most impressive so far (IMHO)!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, I think we're gonna have to have a codeword for when you come off as RUDE for no reason. You know, that way you can apologize in private.

The codeword will be octopus.

Merlin, octopus.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't understand this comment, but it kind of came across as rude to me, too.

Octopus.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Merlin, I think we're gonna have to have a codeword for when you come off as RUDE for no reason. You know, that way you can apologize in private.

Merlin, octopus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Octopus.
    "Who the heck are you?" The simple answer is Ben Mears. is Ben Mears. If he wanted to identify himself as something other, he would.
    As soon as a person prefaces a statement with "no offense", or "no disrespect" the succeeding comment can be offensive and/or disrespectful.
    Bill (Merlin1958) has an East Coast (New York) style. It doesn't suit everyone, and can come across as rude, but IMO, he means no harm.
    I myself have wondered "who is Ben Mears"? He has very interesting, astute and insighful comments, but is not a regular contributor. It's interesting to me to wonder. I might picture him as a 6'3" white guy, and in reality he/she (although I doubt that BM is a female) is a 5'6" Filipino.
    I'm not going to bat for Merlin, he certainly can hold his own. I found his comment more acerbic than rude.
    Octopus.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The codeword will be octopus.I

Merlin, octopus.

Shannon: code word for when you write something hilarious is lobster.

Lobster

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Merlin, octopus.

Octopus.
    "Who the heck are you?" The simple answer is Ben Mears. is Ben Mears. If he wanted to identify himself as something other, he would.
    As soon as a person prefaces a statement with "no offense", or "no disrespect" the succeeding comment can be offensive and/or disrespectful.
    Bill (Merlin1958) has an East Coast (New York) style. It doesn't suit everyone, and come across as rude, but IMO, he means no harm.
    I myself have wondered "who is Ben Mears"? He has very interesting, astute and insighful comments, but is not a regular contributor. It's interesting to me to wonder. I might picture him as a 6'3" white guy, and in reality he/she (although I doubt that BM is a female) is a 5'6" Filipino.
    I'm not going to bat for Merlin, he certainly can hold his own. I found his comment more acerbic than rude.
    Octopus.
    I apologize if the comment seemed "rude". It was not intended to be. Mr. Mears has often come off (IMHO) as someone "In the know" so to speak and in my own way I was asking him/her in that regard. It wasn't here, but in another thread he/she (or someone else) had hinted he/she was affiliated with the publishing business. I certainly was not trying to violate anyone's privavcy, but was just curious. I suppose that curiousity is my problem though.

Again no disrespect or offense was intended. In my vernacular if I meant to be rude I would have said "Who the hell are you"? LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

It's interesting to me to wonder. I might picture him as a 6'3" white guy, and in reality he/she (although I doubt that BM is a female) is a 5'6" Filipino.
    Actually I'm "lanky and agile looking, with finely drawn features and a thick, almost greasy shock of black hair".

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So not at all like David Soul?

Merlin, octopus.

Octopus.
    Bill (Merlin1958) has an East Coast (New York) style. It doesn't suit everyone, and come across as rude, but IMO, he means no harm.
    Octopus.
    I apologize if the comment seemed "rude". It was not intended to be. Mr. Mears has often come off (IMHO) as someone "In the know" so to speak and in my own way I was asking him/her in that regard. It wasn't here, but in another thread he/she (or someone else) had hinted he/she was affiliated with the publishing business. I certainly was not trying to violate anyone's privavcy, but was just curious. I suppose that curiousity is my problem though.

Again no disrespect or offense was intended. In my vernacular if I meant to be rude I would have said "Who the hell are you"? LOL LOL

I wasn't offended but thank you for your comment just the same.
    I'm not in the publishing business as a career but do have publishing experience. When I was putting together my Second Coming proposal in 2006 I called Glenn to discuss the possibility of him providing illustrations for the book. During the course of our conversation he mentioned that 'Salem's Lot was his favorite SK novel. Glenn lives in the area that Jerusalem's Lot located and I'm sure that factors in. I ended up going in a different direction but still enjoy his work and own several of his original paintings, including two of The Marsten House. My observation about Glenn's interpretations for the SL case project were based upon this perspective.

So not at all like David Soul?
    No. They went for the blonde look for Ben and Mark in the movie!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Will the preliminarys of Ned's art be available to buy to match it up with the letter on order?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Will the preliminarys of Ned's art be available to buy to match it up with the letter on order?
    We will post the art as we get it, but as of now, none are lettered, and we don't anticipate having all of the art in hand when the ordering window closes. You can order a specific letter-if it is available, and you can designate Dameron as the artist, but the piece itself will be a surprise.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry what i was trying to say is can we buy the preliminary sketch to go with the original art and case or would it be included. I have letter E on order with Ned to complete the artwork so i was hoping to get the preliminary to the finished art too!?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry what i was trying to say is can we buy the preliminary sketch to go with the original art and case or would it be included. I have letter E on order with Ned to complete the artwork so i was hoping to get the preliminary to the finished art too!?
    That question is for Dick Olson to answer. Hopefully he will chime in soon.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Tom~

I guess the short answer would be "Duh - I don't know - I hadn't thought about it!!"

The longer answer would be that Prelims will NOT be included with the case/art. They MIGHT be available for sale but I won't promise that when I'm not even sure I'll be receiving all of the prelims from Ned. I may end up getting some or most of them but missing a few. If there is a lot of interest in them, I'll certainly consider it but as I said, I hadn't even thought about it till I read your post. I think the short answer is still the most accurate ---
    www.bookslipcase.com

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Hey Tom~

I guess the short answer would be "Duh - I don't know - I hadn't thought about it!!"

The longer answer would be that Prelims will NOT be included with the case/art. They MIGHT be available for sale but I won't promise that when I'm not even sure I'll be receiving all of the prelims from Ned. I may end up getting some or most of them but missing a few. If there is a lot of interest in them, I'll certainly consider it but as I said, I hadn't even thought about it till I read your post. I think the short answer is still the most accurate ---
    Great answer Dolso! This is perfectly clear and to the point.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that when Juliana (fsmdr) and Don Maitz did the DESPERATION project there were prelims available for most but not all of the books. I think they sold them after giving the owners of the finished books right of first refusal.

Country
    Country Flag

By the Way~

Glenn says that his are "all paintings, not drawings done with acrylics".

edit: I won't commit to doing it, but Bob's solution sounds quite reasonable........
    www.bookslipcase.com

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast