Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Haven Foundation Fundraiser Item #3-The Stand "Black Case"

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    1 of 10, Bob. That must be very tempting for you............................................... .....
    Some people really like aftermarket slipcases. I've never been one of those. Not to say this is not a really cool item. Just not my cup of tea.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can't bid on my posted auction.....drats!
    I'm sure there's a "members assisting with purchases" thread around here somewhere

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Been wanting a white one, but can never get one, going with black it looks like
    G, if I win the Black Case, I'll sell you my White Case!!!!!

Forgot about you AKC!
    AKC.....flying under the radar

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of the black ones. I'm not thinking of parting with it. I really like it.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wow, we are already over $100!.
    BTW, in my opinion this case is worth over $400. There are only ~5 out there in the world. Tomas has kept these close to the vest. I tried to bribe him 2 years ago and couldn't buy one for any amount.
    Do you know if some of our more illustrious members have one? I'm thinking Bob, Ralph, Mr. RT, Wiz etc? If they want one then that can only be good for the fundraiser.
    I don't have one. I've never bought anything from Tomas the Collector that I can recall.
    Hopefully this auction will catch your eye.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have one of the black ones. I'm not thinking of parting with it. I really like it.

John
    1/5 that are out there-
    I'll give you $300 for it......oops I'll just bid....oops, I can't bid on my own auction, and unlike others (flatsigned, et al) I can't shill bid.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1 of 10, Bob. That must be very tempting for you............................................... .....
    Some people really like aftermarket slipcases. I've never been one of those. Not to say this is not a really cool item. Just not my cup of tea.
    Ah, right. Got you Bob.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Been wanting a white one, but can never get one, going with black it looks like
    G, if I win the Black Case, I'll sell you my White Case!!!!!

Forgot about you AKC!
    AKC.....flying under the radar
    Lol.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GO AKC
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Those are sweet. I must say--I like the white one more though. As nice as it is I'm holding out for possible DT items

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Never knew they existed in black. Looks pretty sweet, but a little out of my league for a slipcase...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any after market slipcases either. For the above reason.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I too have tried to get one of these black cases from Tomas on more than one occasion. He always refused my offers and inquiries, but he did so in a very polite way considering the number of times i tried !

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I don't have any after market slipcases either. For the above reason.
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I do like after market cases and own several. I've never pursued the "BLACK" Stand case. Not really sure why.....however, I do love the white one. The "BLACK" case is very attractive.

Warning for those looking at the auction, don't underestimate the power of the darkside that the "BLACK" one holds. No returning back after it takes you over.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to remember just where and when I got the black case. I remember getting it off the old "DT Bay" auction site on this forum. Just when, though, I sure don't remember.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$162.50 at present!!!

Woot!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost $200!!!!! Woot, Woot!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only if a buyer really reads between the lines (the auction pretty cleary says it's just a case), they may read this:

Item specifics
    Condition:
    Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller’s listing for full details.

Hey guys,

Happy to list this for the site. Probably no one remembers the original announcement on these 3 years ago, but I said back when I was making these 10 that they wouldn't be available for sale by me, which is why I (politely I hope) keep turning down offers to sell these. So I put one up every so often for a promotion, auction, etc.

I will say, however that this black STAND case was the design basis for the upcoming Salem's Lot case which will be announced for pre-order in a couple days. (Along with a few extra white STAND cases). Imagine having both the STAND and Salem's Lot black cases side by side on your bookshelf...amazing!
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Hey guys,

I will say, however that this black STAND case was the design basis for the upcoming Salem's Lot case which will be announced for pre-order in a couple days. (Along with a few extra white STAND cases). Imagine having both the STAND and Salem's Lot black cases side by side on your bookshelf...amazing!
    I have seen pictures of the new 'Salem's Lot case and it is perfect.

Auction Link:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I see the price of the STAND case is currently at $205. If the auction goes to $220 or higher I will give the winner a free matching Salem's Lot traycase to go along with this one. (As long as the buyer is OK waiting for both cases to ship at once).

The Salem's Lot case, which has the exact same outer material as this black STAND case will be a perfect match on your shelf. Pre-orders for Salem's Lot will go live tomorrow with the cases shipping the last week of February.

9 Hours left- Happy Bidding!
    Thanks much,

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I see the price of the STAND case is currently at $205. If the auction goes to $220 or higher I will give the winner a free matching Salem's Lot traycase to go along with this one. (As long as the buyer is OK waiting for both cases to ship at once).

The Salem's Lot case, which has the exact same outer material as this black STAND case will be a perfect match on your shelf. Pre-orders for Salem's Lot will go live tomorrow with the cases shipping the last week of February.

Is that the traycase for the gift edition of Salem's Lot, Tomas?. Very cool!.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Is that the traycase for the gift edition of Salem's Lot, Tomas?. Very cool!.
    Actually this new case is for the 1st Doubleday editions (and other early 8.5" versions) of Salem's Lot
    Thanks much,

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$15 more and you get a ~$60 bonus item!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bidding at $229. I really hope someone from here gets the case(s). Only a few hours left.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast