• 2: Only so-so

1 2.78%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never read

5 13.89%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #2: Cujo (1981)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #2: Cujo (1981)

Cujo, 1981

Please vote for Cujo using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

So far doing better than I thought. Usually find this one underrated.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely: LOVED it!
    So much more than a tale about a rabid pooch...

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very underrated, one of my favorites.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This one was another fantastic read. Of course, these days most people associate with the film when they think of the name Cujo. Even though they changed the ending I think the film is brilliant.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Another 4 for me. Need to reread this one...and firestarter.....and dead zone...........and ......the rest.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need to reread it, too. So far gave it a 4. I think it was good - maybe very good, a 4 plus; but still not among the best

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to vote it a "3" b/c Cujo is not an "average" book! But it falls one level below The Dead Zone and Firestarter (for example) and is not in the rareified air of The Stand and 'Salem's Lot.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Average for me. And while I'd like to explain why, some times it's just arbitrary.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

4! Compared to an average Stephen King title, it would be a 3(!), but compared to other books, it is a 4! Enjoyable.

Traveler AndrewP is on a distinguished road AndrewP's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Another one in the "Never Read" pile...

I've always shied away from this one and Christine... I don't know exaclty why. I just don't feel compelled to read about a killer dog OR a killer car. Anyone out there feel like I am truly missing out? If so, let me know! There is a lot of King that I have read and reread, but there is also a lot that I feel I need to get to before either of those (Dark Tower, I am looking straight at you...)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    I've always shied away from this one and Christine... I don't know exaclty why. I just don't feel compelled to read about a killer dog OR a killer car. Anyone out there feel like I am truly missing out? If so, let me know! There is a lot of King that I have read and reread, but there is also a lot that I feel I need to get to before either of those (Dark Tower, I am looking straight at you...)
    Read Christine! Sure, it's about a killer car...but it's also about high school, and friendship, and being in love, and having a crush that is not returned. It's about loyalty, and being seduced by evil because one is feeling like an outcast. Cujo, while good, doesn't speak to me like Christine did.

Country
    Country Flag

bears can say the same

Andrew, I hope you'll have read Christine by the time we vote on it

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like you are truly missing out skipping either of those, but depending on what else you have not read, I would probably not recommend either one over some of his others.

Country
    Country Flag

right...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this may have been better (for me) if there had been more characters. That's the best explanation I can give. I just kept thinking that through the last quarter of the book.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

But it's such an incidental conflict. I'm not sure how more characters would have worked. Doesn't make sense to me.

Country
    Country Flag

last chance to vote, the poll is closing!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read this book. I've never even seen the movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Cujo has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.967741935 or 79.35%, placing 5th (last) in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2.

+ Reply to Thread