Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 117 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2908

Thread: Book Collection: The Library Policeman

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Man Portfolio + The complete Concordance = 2x Congrats

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Well, I used a white eraser on my Dark Man Portfolio and it worked a treat. Can't remember who first posted that it worked but thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Glad it worked. It was racerx45 who tried it first. My portfolio is still in transit - but my white eraser is at the ready!
    Good to know this is working for others.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Well, I used a white eraser on my Dark Man Portfolio and it worked a treat. Can't remember who first posted that it worked but thank you!
    Glad it worked. It was racerx45 who tried it first. My portfolio is still in transit - but my white eraser is at the ready!
    Good to know this is working for others.
    Thanks Jon and thanks for the tip, racer. It worked a treat!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived:

Promo card enclosed with the book:

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A real nice addition !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like the Carrie, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Alan (my book buying twin)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    A real nice addition !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Congrats, my friend!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I really like the Carrie, congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Congrats Alan (my book buying twin)
    Thanks all!!

Me and Stroppy are "twinners".

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Been after one of these large print editions of Thinner for ages (simply because I like the cover art) and I finally picked one up recently for $5.00.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also snagged a 1st Edition Green Mile:

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done Alan, seeing books like this is what I love about looking through yours and some other collection threads. You learn something new. I have never seen that edition of Thinner before in all my years of collecting. Is it a UK edition? What year of printing is it? I presume most went to libraries.
    Also, I never knew about the FDNS US Book Club signed limited of 100 before I looked through your thread a few months ago. I've added it to my wish list, but I've never seen one for sale as they're very rare. Did you get yours on eBay?
    Fanastic collection!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Thinner is sweet. I have never seen it before either!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done Alan, seeing books like this is what I love about looking through yours and some other collection threads. You learn something new. I have never seen that edition of Thinner before in all my years of collecting. Is it a UK edition? What year of printing is it? I presume most went to libraries.
    Also, I never knew about the FDNS US Book Club signed limited of 100 before I looked through your thread a few months ago. I've added it to my wish list, but I never seen one for sale as they're very rare. Did you get yours on eBay?
    Fanastic collection!!
    Thanks, Jon. The Thinner large print is a US edition published by GK Hall in 1986 and I do believe most copies went to libraries. As for the Full Dark, No Stars signed edition, I totally lucked out. Was browsing ebay one evening and I spotted it for $30 buy-it-now! I think they go for 9 to ten times that amount when they do pop up for sale - which is rarely I think. My copy was mint and still in the publishers shrinkwrap. A true case of right place, right time! I seem to recall I beat Tippy4 to it by a matter of minutes!
    Any way, thanks for the kind words and I hope you manage to track one down.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That Thinner is sweet. I have never seen it before either!
    Thanks Kris!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, Alan!!! You know, if you still need US 1/1 you should just send me a list. I may have ones lying around for you that you can have for the cost of postage.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Been after one of these large print editions of Thinner for ages (simply because I like the cover art) and I finally picked one up recently for $5.00.

I have one of these that is in new condition, it is one of my favorite King covers, great find!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

can you post a pic of the Thinner c/p Alan?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sweet, Alan!!! You know, if you still need US 1/1 you should just send me a list. I may have ones lying around for you that you can have for the cost of postage.

Bill, my man

The only ones I now need are:

The Tommyknockers (with red lettering)
    Under The Dome (regular trade 1st/1st)
    Just After Sunset (regular trade 1st/1st)
    Full Dark, No Stars (regular trade 1st/1st)

Any of these would be sweet!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

I have one of these that is in new condition, it is one of my favorite King covers, great find!
    Thanks Tommy! Love the cover too.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon I will do soon as I get home.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you go, Simon.

And the title page:

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Alan, who is the Thinner cover Artist?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Very nice Alan, who is the Thinner cover Artist?
    Thanks Frank. Sorry for the delay - the only cover art details on the book are:

Design by Scott Price
    Photograph by Barbara Anderson.

Hope that helps.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another US 1st/1st:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 117 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast