Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: The Library Policeman

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow again, that second bookcase is filled with so many goodies ... do you have a favourite S/L Alan?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome collection, Alan. I don't collect S/Ls but I have a secret longing for a couple of the older ones and you have them all. Very nice!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply a wonderful collection!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alan, absolutely SOLID COLLECTION..........

Appreciate you sharing!

What is your favourite piece? I too, am a BIG IT fan. I love the IT paperback!

Tim

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I hope the DVDs are region free so you can enjoy them. Any clue if & when Bag of Bones will air in the U.K. or will it only be released on DVD?
    I have a multi region DVD player at home. Bought a few region 1 disks over the years and been able to watch them. Sorry, I haven't heard if it will be on TV in the UK. Normally one of the satellite channels such as SY-FY tend to show these things.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Hoping someday to have what you got, so nice been shaking my head all night! Goal is US 1st/1st (missing 3), and already working on my homelands' 1st/1st BTW my relatives live in Perth. Grandparents from Edinburgh like me ( they have passed years ago.) Go Man City....maybe next time.
    Thanks my friend. Hope you get your missing 3 1sts soon. Although the fun of collecting is hunting them down, right? I live about 9 miles outside Glasgow and about 30 miles from Edinburgh. English football is far superior to our Scottish game, unfortunately! Do you live in America now?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Mr. G ...
    What an absolutely amazing beautiful collection.
    Well done... Your new bookcase adds a real classy look to the masterpiece.
    Congratulations !!
    Thank you! I was asked what I'd like for Christmas so I chose a new bookcase right away lol.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Your Dark Dreamers did you manage to get one with both signature pages also I see a U.K. Rage (Hopefully a first) peeking out how are the pages holding up MR RABBIT Trick seems to think that all the 1st of this books pages have turned yellow?
    Yeah, I managed to get one with both sig sheets. I collect James Herbert too so was delighted that his signature was in there too. My UK Rage is a first, the cover and spine are almost perfect but the page edges are indeed yellow! Mr RT could well be right!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Wow again, that second bookcase is filled with so many goodies ... do you have a favourite S/L Alan?
    Thanks Tom. I have soft spot for Buick 8, but I think that's because it was the first S/L I ever owned. I think The Regulators is my favourite though. Love the design and the idea of the cheques etc. I got mine from David at Betts and it felt a bit like Christmas day opening the box when it arrived!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Awesome collection, Alan. I don't collect S/Ls but I have a secret longing for a couple of the older ones and you have them all. Very nice!
    Thank you very much Michael. Of the early S/L's I really like Firestarter. One of the best covers/art on any King book in my humble opinion!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Simply a wonderful collection!
    Thank you so much, my friend.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Alan, absolutely SOLID COLLECTION..........

Appreciate you sharing!

What is your favourite piece? I too, am a BIG IT fan. I love the IT paperback!

Tim
    Thanks Tim! Like many King fans I would say IT is definitely in my all time top 5. I love the fact I still have the 1986 paperback!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There were only 1000 copies of that IT Special Collectors Edition paperback printed, so it's relatively scarce. I like my copy too.

John

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a James Herbert fan I assume you have the Stephen Jones's JAMES HERBERT BY HORROR HAUNTED with an introduction by STEPHEN KING? My understanding is that there are 2,000 copys of the IT paperback.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome looking collection!
    I love the idea of splitting up the books in to two different cases. It might be the solution I've been looking for (although I don't have as many awesome S/L or Gift editions to fill another case up just yet)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my copy of the UK IT Special Collectors Edition in 2001 from Grover DeLuca (Best Condition Books) in Atlanta. He's usually got his facts straight and my notes on the book say that there were "only" 50,000 done. So our numbers are all over the place on this, aren't they?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Alan Did you ever deal with Andromeda bookstore in Birmingham? They were my source for U.K. books when I was collecting Movie & T,V. tie-in books & then started getting my Stephen King books from them it was in one of their catalogs that had a listings for the Richard Bachman books and they stated that they felt that this was Stephen King writing under another name. This was long before the news broke.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice collection. I am envious of more then a few of your books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope the DVDs are region free so you can enjoy them. Any clue if & when Bag of Bones will air in the U.K. or will it only be released on DVD?
    The DVD are region free. Regarding the UK, at the time of the US broadcast, i asked my contact that said that nothing was sold to the UK yet. That was a month ago.
    I am confident that there will be AT LEAST a region 2 DVD..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Hoping someday to have what you got, so nice been shaking my head all night! Goal is US 1st/1st (missing 3), and already working on my homelands' 1st/1st BTW my relatives live in Perth. Grandparents from Edinburgh like me ( they have passed years ago.) Go Man City....maybe next time.
    Thanks my friend. Hope you get your missing 3 1sts soon. Although the fun of collecting is hunting them down, right? I live about 9 miles outside Glasgow and about 30 miles from Edinburgh. English football is far superior to our Scottish game, unfortunately! Do you live in America now?
    May i ask what town next to Glasgow? My girlfriend is from Ashgill (next to Hamilton).
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I bought my copy of the UK IT Special Collectors Edition in 2001 from Grover DeLuca (Best Condition Books) in Atlanta. He's usually got his facts straight and my notes on the book say that there were "only" 50,000 done. So our numbers are all over the place on this, aren't they?
    I agree. I don't remember where I got the 2000 number (I thought it was in the book, but it isn't). They seem pretty scarce, though.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I agree. I don't remember where I got the 2000 number (I thought it was in the book, but it isn't). They seem pretty scarce, though.

John
    I thought so too and looked it up yesterday when I read this. But the book doesn't state anything about limitation/print run.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a James Herbert fan I assume you have the Stephen Jones's JAMES HERBERT BY HORROR HAUNTED with an introduction by STEPHEN KING? My understanding is that there are 2,000 copys of the IT paperback.
    Yes. I have a nice copy of By Horror Haunted which has been signed by James Herbert. Unfortunately not signed by King though.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Awesome looking collection!
    I love the idea of splitting up the books in to two different cases. It might be the solution I've been looking for (although I don't have as many awesome S/L or Gift editions to fill another case up just yet)
    Thank you! I just thought I'd keep all the Ltd/Gift editions together. I keep my trade bookcase in the bedroom and my Ltd bookcase in the living room. My wife didn't even complain too much!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alan Did you ever deal with Andromeda bookstore in Birmingham? They were my source for U.K. books when I was collecting Movie & T,V. tie-in books & then started getting my Stephen King books from them it was in one of their catalogs that had a listings for the Richard Bachman books and they stated that they felt that this was Stephen King writing under another name. This was long before the news broke.
    I can't recall ever buying from them. They sound as if they knew their stuff though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast