Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: The Library Policeman

Hybrid View

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: The Library Policeman

Hi everyone. Been visiting the forums for a good while now and I post quite regularly so I thought it was maybe time to start my own collection thread. This site is wonderful, as are the people who post on it and I really enjoy seeing everyones collections. Also, the info you pick up in Calvin's Corner is priceless at times, so anyone who browses the forum and hasn't joined up, I urge you to do so. If you are obssessed by, love, or even like Stephen King's work then this is the place to be!

As for me, I have been reading Stephen King books for almost 30 years now and collecting his work (to one degree or another) for around 25 years. I will go into more detail on my collection (in its various guises) as I go along, so here goes.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default IT

The first book I will be sharing was the book that kinda got me started on collecting King. By 1986 I had read a few King books, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining etc. 1986 was also the year of my 18th birthday and one of the gifts my Mother (bless her heart) got me was this:

I loved the fact that it was a special edition, had a short message by King inside, and featured a facsimile signature by King! (ah, the good old days when I was delighted by a facsimile sig).

Any way, after I received this book, I started to collect other King titles, mostly paperbacks, which have unfortunately gone now, but I am so happy that I have managed to hold on to this one for just over 25 years now. So thanks Mum, you indirectly have cost me a small fortune in my later life!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MORE IT'S!

A few more editions of IT I have aquired over the years.

US 1st/1st

Cemetery Dance Ltd and Gift Editions

This one below, I absolutely love. It's only a book club edition, but has been signed by the man himself and I love having it in my collection.

IT S/L #355 signature page.

So, that's my IT's. From the 1st one I owned to the beautiful Cemetery Dance editions which are the last ones I got, 25 years later.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MY KING TRADE EDITIONS BOOKCASE.

Here is the bookcase where I keep my Stephen King trade hardcovers. Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I got my brother to take the pictures of my other bookcase, where I keep my Ltd editions, and those pics are much better. Will post those later. In the meantime, I collect a mixture of UK and US Hardbacks. Nearly all are 1st editions, barring a few exceptions.

Full Bookcase:

Shelf 1.

The US copies of 'Salem's Lot, The Shining and The Stand are 1st/1st's. The US Carrie and Nightshift are book club editions (place holders until I get the real deal).

3helf 2.

Shelf 3.

Shelf 4.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default MY KING LTD, GIFT AND SIGNED EDITIONS BOOKCASE.

Got a new bookcase for Christmas, specifically for my more valuable King books. Don't have them in any particular order or anything, just put them in there!

Full Bookcase (doors closed).

Full Bookcase (doors open).

Top Shelf:

Next 2 Shelves

Next 2 Shelves:

Bottom Shelf: (incorporating the 2nd bottom shelf again! lol)

And there we have it. The 2 King bookcases I have at home.

More pics of individual books etc to follow.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Mr Staad!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very cool man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice IT collection Alan !
    Looking forward to see the rest of your collection .

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alan, absolutely SOLID COLLECTION..........

Appreciate you sharing!

What is your favourite piece? I too, am a BIG IT fan. I love the IT paperback!

Tim

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Alan, absolutely SOLID COLLECTION..........

Appreciate you sharing!

What is your favourite piece? I too, am a BIG IT fan. I love the IT paperback!

Tim
    Thanks Tim! Like many King fans I would say IT is definitely in my all time top 5. I love the fact I still have the 1986 paperback!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Hannes! Been meaning to start a collection thread for a while but never quite got round to it.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow great stuff, i love that signed UK IT, what a great book!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection! Keep the photos coming.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Tom. Not the most precious book I own, but a personal favourite!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Dad, asking "What is it with this Stephen King guy any way?"
    Lol

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. G ...
    What an absolutely amazing beautiful collection.
    Well done... Your new bookcase adds a real classy look to the masterpiece.
    Congratulations !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Mr. G ...
    What an absolutely amazing beautiful collection.
    Well done... Your new bookcase adds a real classy look to the masterpiece.
    Congratulations !!
    Thank you! I was asked what I'd like for Christmas so I chose a new bookcase right away lol.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see you managed to snag one of the Bag of Bones promo phonograph press kiits. Did you get it there in the U.K.?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Glad to see you managed to snag one of the Bag of Bones promo phonograph press kiits. Did you get it there in the U.K.?
    Thank you. No I had to get it from ebay and shipped over from the states. Wonderful item though. Really love it!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have lots of really nice items there, Alan. Congratulations!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You have lots of really nice items there, Alan. Congratulations!

John
    Thank you, John!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Beautiful collection!!!!!!!!
    Thank you very much kind sir!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Collection, Alan!!! Can't wait to see more!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Awesome Collection, Alan!!! Can't wait to see more!!!
    Thanks Bill. Note the 5th shelf down. "Our" copy of the S/L 11-22-63

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast