Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A new King anthology movie: The Reaper's Image

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In truth, King has done a little "Plagarizing: himself. "Pet Semetary" is just a rehash of Poe's story of "The Monkey's Paw", if I recall correctly. Don't get me wrong, he expanded on the story and added new mythology, but its basicall the same story. He's done that a few times, but he does "King" them if ya know what I mean.
    I think you are comparing an apple to an orange. King may have taken the basic idea behind "The Monkey's Paw" for Pet Semetary, but that's about it. "The Monkey's Paw" was only 6 or 7 pages long if I recall and basically took place over the course of one evening. Pet Semetary was a completely new story that had no relation to "The Monkey's Paw" other than someone returning from the grave.

The Devil's Gift was almost a shot-for-shot telling of the King short story "The Monkey." The filmmakers didn't even have the brains to change it up a bit--maybe make it a toy clown or something and a different setting. But they did not do that.

(Oh, and "The Monkey's Paw" was written by W.W. Jacobs, not Poe.)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I interview Mark Pavia about Reaper's Image in the current issue of Screem magazine. I also wrote an essay about other King anthology projects.

Universal's stable of beloved monsters grace the cover of our 25th edition of Screem, courtesy of artist Mark Maddox. Greg Mank takes a look at the Classic Monster Blu-ray box set, and gives his perspective on the films that have inspired so many fans throughout several decades. Tom Weaver interviews Roger Corman on his first production, Monster from the Ocean Floor, Bev Vincent writes about Stephen King's creepy anthology films and interviews Mark Pavia on his collaboration with Mr. King, The Reaper's Image, Tippi Hedren reminiscences on the the 50th anniversary of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, Scott Essman reflects back on Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Screem speaks with indie director Christopher R. Mihm, who creates new movies that look like they were produced in the 1950s, we take a sneak peek at the retro Sci-fi musical The Ghastly Love of Johnny X, which features Paul Williams and Kevin McCarthy in his final role, Michael "The Hills Have Eyes" Berryman is as creepy as ever in the new film Below Zero. All this plus book reviews, a new Fright Flick Pic and Blu-ray reviews featuring Criterion's Rosemary's Baby, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Boogens, House and Night of Dark Shadows (reviewed by RJ Jamison), 1932's The Most Dangerous Game, William Castle's short lived TV series Ghost Story (AKA Circle of Fear), BFI's Deep End and Juan of the Dead plus plenty more goodies await you in the brand new issue of Screem magazine!

The issue will debut on Oct. 26th at the Chiller Theatre Expo in Parsippany, NJ and at Son of Monsterpalooza in Burbank, CA at the Bijou Collectables booth. The issue is now up for sale at www.screemag.com and will be available in stores and comic shops in mid November.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great. Looking forward to it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...nthology-film/
    On Friday, June 3rd, Chiller and Shout! Factory will be airing the premiere of Fender Bender, an original slasher that was directed by Mark Pavia. This marks the return of Pavia, whose last movie was the 1997 vampiric horror film The Night Flier, which was based on a short story from author Stephen King.

To celebrate Pavia’s return and to also hype the upcoming premiere of Fender Bender, we managed to get an interview with the director, who revealed some fantastic and fascinating information about the movie, the changes 19 years can make to the industry, and his future plans, which include a horror anthology film based on the works of Stephen King!

[...]

Several years ago, there were talks that you were working on a Stephen King anthology film. What’s the status on that project?

Yes, ‘The Reaper’s Image’ — a Stephen King horror anthology film I wrote. Kind of a modern Creepshow, you know? There hasn’t been a Stephen King horror anthology film like this in almost 30 years, so it’s all very exciting. So, where it’s at right now… as I mentioned, there is a script, and the project is currently being handled by Stephen’s agent, Rand Holston, a really terrific and supportive guy and one of the best agents in town. A lot of people have been asking about it lately, tremendous interest building, so we’ll see. It would be an amazing project, no question about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2