Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Sign/Countersign

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Default Sign/Countersign

Okay, so this isn't the best nor the trickiest riddle ever, but it made me so sad to see the Road to Fair Day section so dead that I had to do *something*. So here you go!

---------------------

Two spies have an order to infiltrate an enemy military base. Unfortunately for them, a guard is posted at the gate. The guard requires a countersign before he allows any to enter, so the spies hide near the gate to see if they can determine the day's signs.

An enemy soldier approaches, and the spies can hear the guard give the sign, "6". The soldier seeking entrance gives a countersign of "3", and the guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes, to whom the guard says, "12". The soldier gives the answer, "6", and the guard lets him pass. Certain that he has figured out the simple pattern, the first spy approaches the gate and the guard says, "10". The spy quickly replies with, "5". Immediately, the guard shoots him dead.

The second spy, realizing what the true pattern to the day's sign/countersign is, walks to the gate. The guard says "8". The spy gives the correct answer, and the guard lets him in.

What was the answer that the spy gave?
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Is it 1?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

No, sorry.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Is it 5?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Dead

Yep! You win the goose, but you'll get the stuffing too if you explain your reasoning behind your answer.

The number of letters in each sign equals the countersign.

My Mood
    Dead

Stuffing for youuu!

No wonder people keep telling me to get stuffed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done, biggest fan!