Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Illustrations

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Default Illustrations

Ok, I'm confused. Grant has previously published a trade edition of all the Dark Tower novels. Are they not doing one for "The Wind Through The Keyhole?" And if that is the case, are the two Grant special editions the only ones that will contain the illustrations. With every one of my dark tower novels being a first trade Grant edition, I'd kind of like to have this one the same way. I don't want to end up buying a Scribner first edition with it's thing, crap paper, no illustrations, probably lame end pages, and possibly even a different cover than the Grant edition. Is buying the artist or deluxe edition the only way to get one that will sit un-intimidated by its fellows on my Dark Tower shelf?
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. Grant has previously published a trade edition of all the Dark Tower novels. Are they not doing one for "The Wind Through The Keyhole?" And if that is the case, are the two Grant special editions the only ones that will contain the illustrations. With every one of my dark tower novels being a first trade Grant edition, I'd kind of like to have this one the same way. I don't want to end up buying a Scribner first edition with it's thing, crap paper, no illustrations, probably lame end pages, and possibly even a different cover than the Grant edition. Is buying the artist or deluxe edition the only way to get one that will sit un-intimidated by its fellows on my Dark Tower shelf?
    Both editions will have artwork. Different cover art (I like the Scribner edition cover art much better) the Grant edition may have different artwork. Not sure.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Opened up a box for Christmas today, and inside was a printed picture of the artist edition. My brother pre-ordered it for me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post
    Opened up a box for Christmas today, and inside was a printed picture of the artist edition. My brother pre-ordered it for me.
    Congratulations!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Grant book is the only book that will have interior art (by Jae Lee). The Scribner version will NOT have interior art, just the cover.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Grant book is the only book that will have interior art (by Jae Lee). The Scribner version will NOT have interior art, just the cover.
    Where do you get this from?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Grant publishing put out another illustration https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-twttk.html

Got my copy today. Damn, does this Artist's Edition look great!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really don't like the illustrations in the book.
    The UK edition is suppose to have the B&W drawings in them.

Traveler jamesjogi08 is on a distinguished road

Inside was a printed picture of the artist edition...!!!

+ Reply to Thread