Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Becca69

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the (stupid Scribner) Dome - no I'm not bitter.

Signed Trade copy from NYC event:
    Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And this is the weirdest book in my collection. It's a first edition married to a book club dustjacket that is personalized by King that I picked up for $10. I figured if it was a fake, I wasn't out a whole lot.
    Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill Books:

Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Some Anne Rice 1sts & Limiteds (most are signed, many on Anne's bookplates)

Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Lately I've been reading Diana Gabaldon and George R.R. Martin, so of course I had to find 1st editions. I got to meet Diana this summer and she signed bookplates for all my books. Very nice lady. Sometimes I really hate my obsession with collecting books. It was easier when it was just King and Rice.

You can't really see it, but I'm wearing a Dark Tower t-shirt.

Country
    Country Flag

My only pic with Mr. King. My husband always forgot to take them even though I told him it was his job.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Some Anne Rice 1sts & Limiteds
    A very nice Rice collection. I hadn't heard anything about newer stuff maybe about wolves like you mentioned. I really, really enjoyed the first five or so vampire books and then, starting I guess with THE VAMPIRE ARMAND, I thought they got really boring. Looking forward to a new direction if that is what she is planning. Nice photos. Thanks for posting them.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All very nice, Becca! Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Some Anne Rice 1sts & Limiteds
    A very nice Rice collection. I hadn't heard anything about newer stuff maybe about wolves like you mentioned. I really, really enjoyed the first five or so vampire books and then, starting I guess with THE VAMPIRE ARMAND, I thought they got really boring. Looking forward to a new direction if that is what she is planning. Nice photos. Thanks for posting them.
    Here is the link for her new book coming out. I don't remember where I saw that she was going back to her roots.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Gift-Anne...d=KGK0XH1MRRE3

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent Collection Becca...
    That's quite the signature collection, have to admit I'm a bit envious.
    Hope to see more in the future.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What an awesome collection!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally green

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought those SODs were lettered because you have the Gift Editions placed with the book spines inward. Mine (well, the one I have) is facing the other way and that confused me. My normal state of mind anyway.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

this came today. "it's" ginormous.

Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

IT´s beautiful !!!

Country
    Country Flag

haha. i want to look thru it but i don't have the time right now.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Please explain the bitterness regarding UTD. Is it because you don't like the the looks of the book or is it something else? I also got IT and I like IT a lot.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

i'm bitter because of the publisher. my under the dome was damaged and it took forever to get it taken care of. then the whole cluster with 11/22/63. i had one in my cart at 8:59 that day and then got shut out completely from the site after i tried to check out. i continually tried to call and email the company to try and help me secure a book. they refused to help in any way so i hate them all. i like to send them hate mail when i have nothing to do

p.s not to mention tom gordon limited. i had to cancel that order due to the overwhelmingly high price.

p.p.s. oh yeah and their quality control is crap.

Country
    Country Flag

i really do love the story though. should have purchased the uk editions.

Country
    Country Flag

on another note... wow, i've had 3 different titles in a week !

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm bitter because of the publisher. my under the dome was damaged and it took forever to get it taken care of. then the whole cluster with 11/22/63. i had one in my cart at 8:59 that day and then got shut out completely from the site after i tried to check out. i continually tried to call and email the company to try and help me secure a book. they refused to help in any way so i hate them all. i like to send them hate mail when i have nothing to do

p.s not to mention tom gordon limited. i had to cancel that order due to the overwhelmingly high price.

p.p.s. oh yeah and their quality control is crap.
    Lol

p.s. Lol

p.p.s. Lol

It's all true. Worst publisher ever!

Yeah, I'm afraid I used up all my swear words for the week when trying to get the 11-22-63 signed book too. Ordering the UTD was a snap though and it came in brand new shape. Never did take the shrinkwrap off . I finally got an 11-22-63 and had to pay a little more, but I bought it from someone here and the transaction was more then satisfactory.

Country
    Country Flag

i didn't know my dome was damaged until i unwrapped it. it was a publishing thing - the boards were messed up like something was spilled on them. i also wanted to make sure they included the signature page.

glad you were able to get the new one. i was offered one but i'm just not willing to dish out the money for it. it's the principle. the sad thing is i still want one. it's what they should have done with dome - something different than the trade.

I almost never take the shrinkwrap off my books (I know I know, shame on me), and now I'm AFRAID to take it off UTD and 11-22-63. I'll just leave it on and assume the best!

Country
    Country Flag

haha

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

great collection 'becca!! good stuff!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast