Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #2 - Abel Vannay

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Letti! Get your butt in action girl I'm greedy for these challenges...I'd love to have the whole list NOW!!!
    When a beautiful woman is greedy... I can't say no.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Anyone going to need an extension on this? The current deadline is December 4.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

holy crap. i like this, but i'm also afraid of it. i have no image in my head for this old feller.

i'm gonna try though.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have drawn something... but I wouldn't like to be the first one to show. Yeah.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, someone has to be first!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I have drawn something... but I wouldn't like to be the first one to show. Yeah.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm halfway done with mine...I'm trying something a bit different with it, but I think the 4th is still cool for me

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda picture an Aldaesque aura about him.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just let me know if any of you need more time - I can give one two week extension, but I have to know before December 4.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got quite a bit done this afternoon. I'm hoping to be ready to post some time tomorrow afternoon.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see these, and also the first contest for a "thing". I might be able to draw a thing
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm. A thing, huh? I kinda sorta have one of those in the works.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not too sure about this - I did the background as a collage - I liked it IRL, but on the scan it came out a bit weird, so I've mucked about with it on Paint...which is the only program I have...

I purposely wanted Vannay in black and white, because I imagined him to be quite an austere man to look at - his passion only really being alive in his mind (which is supposed to be represented by the background).

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

that's awesome. i love your idea behind it, as well.
    he captures the wisdom and peacefulness behind Vannay's character.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow! That's awesome, Lisa!

You know we English majors like imagery.

Country
    Country Flag

Lisa, this piece of work is awesome. So are you. So... unique and nice. Wow.

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Abel

Once again....I shouldn't be painting so late. Work will now come way too soon.
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Boehmke, thats cool that we both pictured Vannay wearing that mandarin collar style...and in black too
    I love your style - do you have a web page, or a devart page?

And thanks for the comments guys I had very definate ideas about how I would portray Vannay the moment I read about him.

Totally stunk the house out, burning all those bits of paper for the background though

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

I may need an extension. Hopefully, I can be done by tommorrow.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Grillslinger View Post
    I may need an extension. Hopefully, I can be done by tommorrow.
    I cannot wait.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Lisa, I love how you worked the quotes in on there. And the background seems very fitting as well.

Boeh, I like the extras you added for Vannay, the markings on his face. He has a red alcoholic's nose too. Sweet.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Both pictures are stunning. Just an absolute WOW!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a cool pic, boehmke. Not at all what I expected!

Grillslinger, if you need more time just PM me. I can add on another two weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

I know he is too mild... and things like that but... that's it. Forgive me.
    I know we have never read that he song to his students... but...

Sometimes words are not enough... sometimes you need a song to teach.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast