Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Story Arc Bookmark Giveaway

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Second Story Arc Bookmark Giveaway

Hi,

I'm starting this giveaway in the Comics forum because I think the people who participate here care the most about this stuff. Later I may ask someone to move it to the Grow Bag.

"Dark Tower: The Long Road Home" will be released in February or March, depending on who you ask. The promo items have started to be distributed, the main item being a little stock paper bookmark. They're free if you can find them. These things are going for about $1 on eBay plus around $3 for shipping. Last I checked, a stamp costs 41 cents and an envelope probably a nickel. And the product is free, so that's a heck of a markup for the sellers.

I have a few more than I need, and rather than sell them, I'm giving them away here.

1. You must be a member of TDT.com with at least 25 posts as of whenever I check, if I do at all. Or send me a stern promise to increase your participation.
    2. You cannot already own the bookmark.
    3. If you win, you can not sell the bookmark. It's yours, keep it. Honor system.
    4. I pay domestic shipping. Outside the US, you must be willing to pay shipping - although I'll just pay it myself anyway.
    5. INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IN YOUR PM! Mail sent to fake names (e.g. screennames) often doesn't get delivered, so I won't bother.
    6. Directors, Managers and Facilitators of TDT.com are eligible.
    7. Cute little babies named after SK book characters jump to the top of the list.
    8. There's no deadline, I'll just give'em away until I run out of the allotment.
    9. Go back and read #5 again because you already forgot.
    10. You will get one, you may get more than one.

Giveaway allotment: 50 bookmarks, maybe more

One last thing: If you can get one of these easily at your local comic store, please do so. Then leave the giveaway for those who can't. Thanks!

- Patrick

Update:

Domestic - mailed out 44 bookmarks so far (two per person )
    01. BRICE - received
    02. DAGHAIN - received
    03. FUNKY DREDD - received
    04. MATT - received
    05. GIRLYSTEVEDAVE - received
    06. JHANIC - received
    07. CRinVA - received
    08. STORYSLINGER - received
    09. ALL HAIL THE CRIMSON KING - received
    10. NERAK - received
    11. MONTEGSS - received
    12. AARON - received
    13. ALINDA - received
    14. RUKI - received
    15. ERIN - received
    16. DTrose19 - received
    17. FSMDR - received
    18. MULLEINS - received
    19. R_of_G - received
    20. WHAT - mailed
    21. WIZARDSRAINBOW - mailed
    22. GGUTHRIE - mailed

International - mailed out 18 bookmarks so far (three per person )
    01. SUPER SAM (Sweden) - received
    02. ARI RACING (Argentina) - received
    03. HERBERTWEST (France) - received
    04. SHNNCR01 (Ireland) - received
    05. LETTI (Hungary) - received
    06. DARKTHOUGHTS (UK) - mailed

To be mailed
    07. JasKo (Norway) - awaiting confirmation
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-09-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: updated

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

You forgot to include that MonteGss isn't elligible for any.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick is a guy I really need to hug in real life one day.
    Great giveaway.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this is great. Thanks Patrick!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It is great Patrick. Damn good job and thanks.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, thank you Patrick! This is very kind of you.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

THANKS PATRICK!!! EXCELLENT GIVEAWAY!!!

I've just PM you!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well, i dont think i have 25 messages... or... i think you were on the tdt.net board, no???

(didnt PM you...)

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Awesome, thanks Patrick!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta have one!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

great give away, patrick. You rock!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great giveaway, Patrick. I didn't PM because I have one coming that I got via eBay. But a very nice job!

John

Right after I posted this, the mailman came with my bookmark!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    well, i dont think i have 25 messages... or... i think you were on the tdt.net board, no???

(didnt PM you...)
    What? You don't remember me? Sheesh.

Just PM me your address already!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Great giveaway, Patrick. I didn't PM because I have one coming that I got via eBay. But a very nice job!

John

Right after I posted this, the mailman came with my bookmark!

John
    Whatever the process, I'm glad you got one, John!

Thanks for your kind comments, everyone. So far 7 people have PM'ed me their address so this is far from finished.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Patrick, count me in

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hi,
    9. Go back and read #6 again because you already forgot.

and it looks like you forgot that you have TWO items numbered 6 in your list.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

AHAHAAHHAHA!!!!! Nice catch!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I sent him a PM anyway....maybe I'll slip through unnoticed.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Hi,
    9. Go back and read #6 again because you already forgot.

and it looks like you forgot that you have TWO items numbered 6 in your list.
    Finally someone who actually reads the rules! Kudos to you! You win a prize! (It's a bookmark.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sneaky bastard.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted a nice, even ten rules. Corners had to be cut.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hi,

Last I checked, a stamp costs 39 cents and an envelope probably a nickel.
    um try 41 now
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome giveaway!!! If I hadn't just scored one yesterday, I would have taken you up on it! As it stands, you can keep the bookmark, but you still owe me a case of beer!!!

Or was it the other way around???

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Awesome giveaway!!! If I hadn't just scored one yesterday, I would have taken you up on it! As it stands, you can keep the bookmark, but you still owe me a case of beer!!!

Or was it the other way around???
    Perhaps you two should quit beating around the bush and get to fellating each other?

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awsome dude! Nice Idea.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast