Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else playing The Old Republic

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Anyone else playing The Old Republic

I am an avid Star Wars fan, and am greatly looking forward to playing the new MMO that will be released Dec20 (in the US).

I also just got an invite to the beta stress test over thanksgiving weekend.

Anyone else playing?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Not allowed to talk about it because of the NDA.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know, the NDA restrictions have been lifted. Are you just playing in the beta, or did you pre order?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I hadn't noticed because the agreement is still in the patcher, but I see the forum post about it being lifted now.

I've been in one weekend beta and am in the next one as well. I haven't pre ordered the game because I am pretty broke, but i love it and intend to play it on release. Even though I am a Jedi at heart, my friends are all playing Sith, so I will likely play either an Imperial Agent or a Sith Inquisitor with the Assassin spec. All of the classes are pretty amazing, though. The agent really makes you feel like a spy in the story line. I love it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm really looking forward to playing it, I must say. I absolutely love the first Knights of the Old Republic, so it's wonderful to go back to that setting for an MMORPG.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

My brother LOVES Star Wars, and is eagerly anticipating the 15th, which is when it's available for early entry if you bought the special edition, which he did. He can't freaking shut up about TOR, and hasn't been able to for the past three months or so, since WoW started to get boring to him. When he got into a beta weekend, I played for about an hour while he was at work, and kinda liked it. Not enough that I'm as super excited as he is, but since I already know he's not going to shut up unless I play with him, so I'll likely wind up playing, at least a little. Seems like a well made game and all, I just don't feel like switching MMORPGs. I've always been a Final Fantasy XI man, and I will remain as such.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I played the beta. It was pretty cool. But I think I'm going to hold off. There's just too many people that are going to play. I want it to die down a bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I played both stress testing weekends and will be playing at release. My preorder is all set up, I just need to figure out exactly what I need to do in terms of getting the game client all re-downloaded and installed prior to my game time being available (I got an email this past week, just haven't had time to look into it). I have always enjoyed getting in at the "ground floor" when it comes to MMO's. I was also one of those nerds out at midnight in Walmart, buying vanilla WoW at release, and suffering through the install, patching, and then fighting over boars and cactus apples in Durotar. But hey, it was worth it in the end.

So far, I love what they have done with Star Wars. I played through the Sith Warrior and the Imperial Agent opening quest lines and thought they were fantastic. I love that everything is voice acted (although I gotta admit, I just don't understand why the Imperial side is completely done with a British accent...it's annoying to the point that I have considered playing Republic, even though I don't want to be the "good guys" at all), that there is "RP" for every thing, and that you don't just run out, kill a bunch of stuff, and bring their bits and pieces back to a quest giver. Flashpoint immersion is excellent and I like that you don't need a whole group to do them at opening levels. I have yet to try out any PVP or get a space ship but I can't wait to try it out.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of the darkside/lightside quest choices annoyed me. I mean, just because I don't think it's a good idea to insult someone doesn't mean that I'm a light side kinda guy. But I do applaud their efforts in creating that dynamic.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The one thing that kinda annoyed me was your companion "affection". I swear, if I didn't act like the biggest douche on the planet, Kaliyo would turn her nose up at me. It's fine if you're totally into being the bad guy, killing everyone you can kill, and betray everyone you can betray, but on occasion I felt like being reasonable to work with and she'd cop-a-tude with me!

The Lightside/Darkside choices were great though, at least as far as I have seen on the Imperial side. And, I got to romance someone who would have actually given me away and made my life difficult during my Imperial Agent quest line. It was totally awesome!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thing about it is...Darth Sidious. He was a total charmer. Everybody liked him. But it was all an act. And sometimes some of the rudest bastards out there are some of the most true hearted folks you'd ever want to meet. Basically, I'm saying that the LS/DS choices shouldn't be whether or not you want to act like an egomaniacal douche but should be based on how willing you are to cause pain and misery to people to further yourself.

Some of the most frustrating LS/DS choices exist in the Bounty Hunter story line.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Got it today from my local HMV (although I must say I was very surprised, since I thought the actual release date was the 20th), so hopefully I can play it later, fingers crossed!

- Melike

You will likely onl;y be able to enter your preorder code and will get an email sometime between now and the 20th allowing you access. I preordered mine last Saturday and am still waiting for my email.

Also, if anyone is playing on the North American servers and hasn't chosen a server yet, I will be playing on The Sith Wyrm server if anyone is interested.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm completely addicted to this game. I really didn't think it was possible at this point. I've been playing these kinds of games since Everquest and I really thought I was over it.

Wrong.

Maybe its the story arcs. Maybe its the light side/dark side dynamic. Maybe it's because it's still new to me. Maybe it's just because it's Star Wars. But I''m lovin' this game.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

OK I hadn't even heard of this game until I just read this forum.

VERY EXCITED!

Just noticed though that it is not going to be released in New Zealand until 1st March, so have a few weeks to wait. I was a fan of WOW (although stopped at Burning Crusade) and so expect to love a MMo game based on the Star Wars universe.

Bring it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite some obnoxious bugs and issues, I love SWTOR.

I'm on the Rubat Crystal server. If you happen to be around there, check me out on Kahill (50 - powertech) or Brodi (31 and climbing assassin)!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I recently got it when I learned all of my core guildies from SWG got it and made the same guild again, lol.

I'm on Jedi Covenant server. I'm also a powertech cause I've always liked tanking. I was a high council Dark Jedi Guardian in SWG and main tank for my guild in WoW. I was skeptical when I heard bounty hunter could be a tank, but it seems to be working out pretty well so far.

I'm still playing and loving it. My sith characters are on the Sith Wyrm server: Xanzabak(40 assassin), Khasun(Marauder), Demandred(Operative), Tregor(power tech).

My republic server is Sanctum of the Exalted(roleplay server). There I play Raneth(Jedi Sentinel) and Xanzabak (Jedi Consular soon to be Sage).

Lately Khasun and Raneth have been seeing the most play. I really enjoy both the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight. It is my favorite of the play styles and both of their stories are really engaging as well.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Would love to try it but checking system requirements and doesn't look like MAC peeps get to play
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm mainly playing my jedi knight, Bailas. Khoonda Militia server. He's 19. On Taris now. I worked a sith assassin up to 15 too but switched to the knight. Also, I think i'll need to reroll my sith on another server and have separate servers for republic and sith. Not sure why I didn't do this in the first place

But I have to say as much of the ooh ah factor I get from swinging a light saber I'm finding the trooper to be very easy and enjoyable to play. That said I haven't played any of the other shooter classes yet. I've played inquisitor, warrior, and knight and now I've dabbled with the trooper. I'm trying really hard to stick with Bailas though so I can get the first act done and get my legacy bit. But it's just so tempting to go mess with the other classes. Haven't played one that wasn't fun yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    I'm mainly playing my jedi knight, Bailas. Khoonda Militia server. He's 19. On Taris now. I worked a sith assassin up to 15 too but switched to the knight. Also, I think i'll need to reroll my sith on another server and have separate servers for republic and sith. Not sure why I didn't do this in the first place

But I have to say as much of the ooh ah factor I get from swinging a light saber I'm finding the trooper to be very easy and enjoyable to play. That said I haven't played any of the other shooter classes yet. I've played inquisitor, warrior, and knight and now I've dabbled with the trooper. I'm trying really hard to stick with Bailas though so I can get the first act done and get my legacy bit. But it's just so tempting to go mess with the other classes. Haven't played one that wasn't fun yet.
    I love the Trooper storyline, and that big electricity AE they get is awesome.

I mainly made republic and sith on different servers to get different legacy names and also to be able to make each specialization class in the long run.

If you remake your sith and don't already have a server in mind, try Sith Wyrm and hit me up. I am on Khasun most often.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Might just take you up on that. Made a sith inquisitor on that server last night and worked up to level 8. His name is Fenring. (yes, shamelessly lifted from Dune). I'll jump on as him when I'm not leveling my jedi and say "hi"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast