Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Christmas giveaway

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Scott,

I didn't see it spelled out in the rules, but usually people are on the honor system not to enter if they own a particular giveaway item already or a higher value edition of same.

Does this standard rule apply here?

Just wondering, I'm sitting it out either way.

Game Master Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hey Scott,

I didn't see it spelled out in the rules, but usually people are on the honor system not to enter if they own a particular giveaway item already or a higher value edition of same.

Does this standard rule apply here?

Just wondering, I'm sitting it out either way.
    I purposely didn't make that a rule. People shouldn't need a rule to behave honorably and if they do they probably won't anyway. The spirit of these things should imply that you not try to get it if you don't need it. That would be almost as bad in my opinion as trying to win it and then turning around and selling it immediately. I would probably never know, but I also could not think very much of the person if I did know they did something like that.

I am going to add one small rule though. To enter you must have fifty posts on the site. If you don't you've got plenty of time to start posting.
    Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so.

Game Master Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon will become famous soon enough Scott Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

evilash gets a pass on the fifty post rule though since he/she got in before the rule was made.

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the pass! I have been a member for a year and a half and a lurker for a few years before that. I just don't post that much (strong silent type LOL). I am on the site every day (several times in fact) and have dealt with several of the members here as well. If anybody has a problem with my not having posted enough I will do my best to have enough posts by X-mas so it won't even be an issue. Thanks for the the show of trust!

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I am a he!

My Mood
    Amused

Well, of course we'd prefer you post often, sir.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to enter on the same conditions as Merlin re the fundraiser.... If that's OK?

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I'd like to enter on the same conditions as Merlin re the fundraiser.... If that's OK?
    I think here I want to just say no. I mean I don't intend it unkindly at all, but Haven has a chance of getting it through Bill. If a bunch of people start entering in Haven's name well, Haven will be almost guaranteed to get it to the detriment of all those others who've entered. I think it's great that you want to help Haven. I considered donating it myself both to Haven and another charity. I do help when it feels right to me. Ultimately I decided with this that I wanted to simply give it away with no attachments. If you (or anyone else) wants or needs it for themselves they can enter and I wish them the best with it.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem at all - makes sense. No need to enter me thanks anyway, just picked one up recently.
    I hope this goes to someone who really wants it as it is an awesome book.

Good luck all.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ok, I'm entering for one reason only - I want the book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    No problem at all - makes sense. No need to enter me thanks anyway, just picked one up recently.
    I hope this goes to someone who really wants it as it is an awesome book.

Good luck all.
    Thank you for being understanding about it. I do think it's great that so many want to help Haven.

Also I agree it's great. I've bought a few so far. Two s/l and this trade copy. I'll probably be getting at least one more.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ok, I'm entering for one reason only - I want the book.
    That just happens to be my favorite reason. I'll add you to the list.

My Mood
    Amused

updated list:

Ari Racing
    Iowabob
    Christine B
    Cook
    Odetta
    Ricky
    Heather19
    John Blaze
    Erin
    Bethany
    George (no longer) at Ramstein
    Evilash
    Merlin1958
    Browning's Child
    Velcro fly
    CRinVA
    ur2ndbiggestfan

My Mood
    Amused

Oh, and one added note: I'm removing the shipping requirement, no matter where you live. We'll make that part of the giveaway too. I would say best of luck to you, but only one of you will have the best of luck.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You're a good man, Charlie Brown Scott Landon.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If you wouldn't mind, add my name as well.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

[jedi mind trick]
    You don't want to put your name into this contest. This contest is not for you. You are going to leave now and go post in the poetry threads. Move along.
    [/jedi mind trick]

just upped my odds at winning
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not the contest we're looking for.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Landon View Post
    Oh, and one added note: I'm removing the shipping requirement, no matter where you live. We'll make that part of the giveaway too. I would say best of luck to you, but only one of you will have the best of luck.

Amazing, iŽam of cause IN.
    (The postage costs to Germany are going to kill you.)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those Jedi mind tricks don't work on me. You have to have a mind first and mine was burned out long ago.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A very nice giveaway. When will it end?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Amused

Christmas eve at midnight is the cutoff for entry. The drawing will be christmas day.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait! I have wanted to flip through this book for far too long. Maybe this will give me the chance! Dare to dream!!

Traveler Krazi Kyme is on a distinguished road

I would be honored to be even considered as an entry in this giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity!

My Mood
    Amused

Ari Racing
    Iowabob
    Christine B
    Cook
    Odetta
    Ricky
    Heather19
    John Blaze
    Erin
    Bethany
    George (no longer) at Ramstein
    Evilash
    Merlin1958
    Browning's Child
    Velcro fly
    CRinVA
    ur2ndbiggestfan
    Storyslinger
    Stockerlone

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Krazi Kyme View Post
    I would be honored to be even considered as an entry in this giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity!
    If you get 50 posts in before christmas you'll be considered as an entry if you come back in here so i know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast