Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started the 'A Daedra's Best Friend' quest (I think you finished this one, Lisa). I'm going to unlock all trophies ("achievements" for you Xboxers) and one of the trophies includes finding all 15 Daedra artifacts. I have 6 as of now, hoping to up that tally in the days to come.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that quest. Clavicus Vile is like something out of Spinal Tap

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Dragon priest mask?! I want one! I need to go complete that quest now!

I still am working on getting all the stupid stones of barenziah. Why I started on that quest is beyond me.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gah, I took a pass on that quest. I'm generally not a big fan of collection 30+ x,y,z quests, and since that one isn't relevant to the main Thieves Guild storyline I decided to just skip it altogether.

In other news, I now have 9/15 Daedra artifacts

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a drunken Skyrim conversation in the pub last night and the guy I was slurring at was trying to convince me that Morrowind is the best game of the three. Anyone played that or Oblivion?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I've only played Oblivion. I didn't even know until recently what the other games were about. There's a lot of things that are tied to the Oblivion game in Skyrim, which can be niteresting if you've played Oblivion.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My co worker, who is probably the hugest RPG fan I know, swears up and down that Morrowind is the best RPG, well, ever

I haven't played it myself, but I did play Oblivion (first Bethesda game too) which is amazing, but is not as technically impressive or intuitive as Skyrim. As far as deep RPG's go, Skyrim is relatively streamlined in comparison to the rest, there are elements to games like Morrowind or Oblivion that might be difficult for you if you're not a hardcore gamer / RPG enthusiast.

All are great games though.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I played some of Morrowind, and I found a lot of it to be, well, boring. Mostly due to all the walking, if I'm honest. Oblivion was a much better experience for me, I think.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the inane amouts of walking put a lot of people off, I think. Myself included. No fast travel ? I'm straight homie.

Also - anyone looking to level up a few levels pretty quickly and complete side missions in the process should do the Imperial / Stormcloak rebellion quests. They're a lot of fun and you generally go up 1 or 2 levels in both armor and offensive categories with each fort you take over.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of doing that next as it happens. Finishing the last part of the Winterhold College quest atm, really not into the magicka side of things that much but I'm totally ocd about completing EVERYTHING!

So yeah, Stormcloaks all the way - who did you side with Feev?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I WAS going to side with the Stormcloaks, but Ulfric is so damn annoying and petulant. One time he said to me "Don't disappoint me, or you'll feel the power of my Thu'um" I was like "Bitch, I'm the Dragonborn, I'll fuck you up" haha.

The missions are fun as hell though. You have to clear out each fort listed with a group of about 10 other soldiers, hacking and slashing your way until you kill an x amount of soldiers. When all is said and done you'll probably kill about 25-30 of them on your own.

And I've been the head of the College of Winterhold for some time now. I won't spoil it for you, but once you complete it you get a SWEET artifact that makes you a Magicka powerhouse. You'll love it

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You know, I WAS going to side with the Stormcloaks, but Ulfric is so damn annoying and petulant. One time he said to me "Don't disappoint me, or you'll feel the power of my Thu'um" I was like "Bitch, I'm the Dragonborn, I'll fuck you up" haha.
    Fuck yeah!! Hahaaa! He is a wanker, but I gotta side with hot beardy Nords over Roman wannabes

A weird thing happened in the Labyrinthian, before I got in the place properly I found a skeleton with a weird note and a wooden mask that transports you back in time to the same room and you can place dragon masks on the priest statue thingy...does something crazy happen there if you get all the masks?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh what the expletive, that doesn't sound familiar ... while you're INSIDE the Labyrinthian or on your way there ? The only going back in time quest I remember (apart from the main quest) is the one where you obtain the Skull of Corruption near Dawnstar, but that's nowhere near what you're talking about ... which mask is it ? I have Morokei, Kashiin (sp?) and Krosis.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you fast travel to Labyrinthian it's a few steps NE (ish) of where you land. In a small buildingy type thing, one with lots of archways in a circle a bit like a burial mound. There's a skeleton of a hired thug in lots of blood at a ruined altar (the Dragon Priest altar) and he has a note outlining how he and another person were hired to help some...wizard I presume...find a DP mask. The one he has by him is just listed in your inventory as "Wooden Mask" put if you put it on and go back in time (you can't leave the room when you do) the altar is whole and you can put your masks on it (I had another mask with me and tried it) but nothing happens, so I'm wondering if you need all of them.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, interesting ... that doesn't sound familiar. I'll have to look into that when I get home. How do you like fighting those dragon priest fuckers ? They were a bit annoying for me at first, but once I got the dual wield + stagger destruction perk, they were eazy-peezy-lemon squeezie

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My two handed and heavy armour skills are off the wall now so i only use spells if I have to, like in the Winterhold quest. Generally for DPs I use whirlwind sprint to get up close to them, then bash fuck out of them with my glass warhammer It's enchanted with a freezing charm that affects stamina and speed, I normally poison it with potent stamina poison aswell and use the unrelenting force shout once the shout bar is good to go after whirlwinding over there. The only things I really dread coming up against now are giants and anyone with the stupid disarm shout...that drives me mental!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aha! Found out about the Wooden Mask - looks like I was right...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bromjunaar_Sanctuary

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    The only things I really dread coming up against now are giants and anyone with the stupid disarm shout...that drives me mental!!!
    Yeah, those two types are devastating for melee users. I can take both of those out relatively quick. The Necromancers are a fucking headahce for me though since they love to cast Lightning based spells that drain my Magicka. Those pricks!

Aha! Found out about the Wooden Mask - looks like I was right...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bromjunaar_Sanctuary
    Hmmm ... interesting ... and I'm assuming that the pedestal is the one that's featured during the loading screens? Looks like I need to get my ass back to Labyrinthian!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that very same one!

I'm completing all my outstanding quests before I start the Stormcloaks this weekend.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Glitches are doing my head in!!! Why aren't Bethseda bring out patches more quickly?! The Waking Nightmare quest has a major bug that is preventing me from completing it, I reloaded about 50 times and it didn't make any difference. I've moved on to other things until a patch comes out. Similarly, Skald (Jarl of Dawnstar) gave me a bounty quest (kill a dragon) and even though he gave me my bounty the "Collect bounty from Skald" objective won't clear from the Misc. Quests list. There is a slight upside to this, that he'll keep giving you "kill dragon" quests so you get locations marked on your map and have included two word walls and a Dragon Priest so far...but you get extra "collect bounty" messages.

Just needed to get that off my chest

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, some of those glitches are pretty damn irritating. Waking Nightmare, is that a major quest or a misc quest ?

My brother got this really fucked up glitch where he couldn't complete the Thieves Guild Missions because the two NPC's accompanying him on that quest get 'stuck' chatting underwater when they were supposed to swim to safety. It's hilarious becuase they're just chilling there, underwater, and he can't initite dialogue with them

Oh, and btw - I PLATINUM'D SKYRIM ! I've obtained 100% of the trophies. Feels good man.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No way! *high fives* I'll have to have a look what I'm on, I've had quite a few achievement unlocked boxes pop up lately.

Yeah, Waking Nightmare is a main daedric quest - helping Erandur at Nightcaller Temple. He's meant to unlock a door but is stuck on a stairway and can't be pickpocketed. I used unrelenting force on him to get him up the staircase, but it doesn't make any difference. Lots of people on the UESP forum are having the same trouble, so that's kinda made me hopeful for a patch release.

The most hilarious glitch I've seen is for the character Louis Letrush, who asks you to steal Maven Black-Briar's horse. When you complete the mission it's possible that he can spawn multiple versions of himself - I've had three so far, one stuck halfway out the ground at Whiterun stables, one randomly travelling through Skyrim and one corpse in the wilds...bizarre!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Waking Nightmare is a main daedric quest - helping Erandur at Nightcaller Temple. He's meant to unlock a door but is stuck on a stairway and can't be pickpocketed. I used unrelenting force on him to get him up the staircase, but it doesn't make any difference. Lots of people on the UESP forum are having the same trouble, so that's kinda made me hopeful for a patch release.
    Gah, having a glitch on the Daedric quests make me nervous because there are only 16 artifacts and you need 15 for the trophy. Very small room margin for error.

But don't worry, in the event that you can't continue that quest because of the lack of a patch, look up 'The Ring of Harcine / Savior's Hide glitch'. It's a Daedric quest where you're theoretically only supposed to walk away with one of two artifacts, but if you exploit a loop hole in the system you can walk away with both.

Keep me posted!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is good to know! I've already failed one daedric quest (Namira) because
    Spoiler:
    I killed all the cannibals at the feast, you have to join them in eating someone to get Namira's item.
    I've unlocked 38/50 achievements so far, what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.
    Are you on an xbox 360 or PS3? PS3 has a platinum that you earn by earning all trophies in a game. But with xbox 360 you don't really earn anything for getting every achievement in a game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast