Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's how I roll, mean old orphanage ladies beware!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you delete (on the xbox version) save files that you don't want?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry love, PS3 version. I think Chris has it for XBox though.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, but is there no standard ingame way to do it that you know of?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm actually playing it on PC. You can delete saves on PC by going to the Save menu and when you pick an existing slot, you have the option to hit the X key to delete it. I'd imagine it would be something similar on Xbox with a certain key on the controller.

ETA: Looks like it may be the X button on Xbox as well. It should list what button it is in the lower left side of the screen.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent, I'll give that a go. Cheers Chris.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Any luck ?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, worked like a charm!

Was so busy with side quests I'd forgotten all about the main story, just been to see the Greybeards and got my shout on On a side note...how the fuck do you kill frost trolls, other than from a very long distance!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They're especially susceptible to fire. That's your best weapon against them. I wouldn't advise trying to take one on 1v1 until you're about level 15 or higher. Either have a fire destruction spell ready, or enchant a flame spell into one of your weapons.

Their pelts are worth quite a bit and you can use their fat to craft some strong health potions.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mate, I'm Lv18 now and I still can't take one out. I used a fireball scroll, destrcution flames and then my orc battleaxe which is enchanted to burn and give extra damage if the targets on fire and it still kept coming! In the end I ran away I took one out from across a river with a bow, so it didn't figure out where I was, but that took about 10 dwarfen arrows...some dipped in poison. Stupid trolls!!

In other news I have Clavicus Vile's masque now. He was hilarious!! What was that Spinal Tap accent all about?!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

... until you're about level 20 ?

Yeah, melee combat is probably the worse way to confront them. At least until your one/two handed attacks are really powerful. Ranged fire based attacks are the best way to go , for my money.

Also - Clavicus mask ? Don't think I have that one ...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Two great reasons to play Skyrim on PC:

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahahaaa! WTF!! That's ace

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ranged fire based attacks are the best way to go , for my money.
    Yes, I'm getting in to the magicka side of it alot more now. Enchanting armour is such an awesome concept.

Also - Clavicus mask ? Don't think I have that one ...
    It rocks!! It's got a higher armour rating than the Dwarfen Helmet and you get speechcraft bonuses and something like 15% better deals when buying and selling. The quest is sparked when the Morthal (I think...) blacksmith asks you to find his dog.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Slightly tardy to the party...sorry folks.

I'm rolling a Khajiit (Yeah, yeah..."Watch your hands, sneak-thief!"), but decided to go against the grain. Main skills are Conjuration, One-Handed, Light Armor, and Archery. So far, I've gotten my Smithing and Enchanting up to 100.

I think I'm going to side with the Stormcloaks, mostly because my brother is going to go Imperial. He went Dark Brotherhood, so I went Thieves Guild (No Khajiit stereotyping, you bigots. ). And I can't remember who mentioned it in this thread earlier, but the armor you receive at the end of the Thieves Guild line is totally awesome. Looks friggin' great, and has some great enchantments.

So far, I've found about 6 or 7 Daedric Artifacts, but honestly, only one or two of them have been worthwhile for my character type. The Dragon Priest Masks, on the other hand, are pure badassery. Anyone else found any of those yet? So far, I've gotten 3, and my brother has 4.

I've become Thane and own houses in Whiterun, Solitude, and Markarth so far. Solitude's house cost me a fortune. It was either 20K or 25K gold, without any room improvements. It pretty much bankrupted me at the time. But since then, I've gotten some pretty good rewards, and I'm over the 100K mark in gold.

I haven't married yet, mostly because there are no Khajiit, male or female, that are eligible to become married. I think that Bethesda really dropped the ball on that. There should be at least two candidates in each race eligible for marriage.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I might pop it in and play later on today. I haven't really had any time to play in the past two weeks, so I can't remember what all I can brag about.

Oh, and a quick thanks to whoever it was (Feev?) that posted the bit about owning a house/becoming Thane in Riften. That has been bugging the crap out of me for about a month now.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have three daedric artifacts at the moment - the masque of Clavicus Vile, the sanguine rose and the wabbajack. Not into the wabbajack at all but the other two are pretty awesome.

Yep, there are also no Bosmer that you can marry. Pretty weird.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the Sanguine Rose for a while, until I got the actual conjuration spell for Dremora Lords. If I'm feeling silly, I'll use the wabbajack, just for some cheap laughs. It always gives me a giggle when I'm fighting something big and tough, like a frost troll or a hagraven, then turning them into a sheep with the wabbajack.

As for Dragon Shouts, I'm a bit fond of Whirlwind Sprint, Aura Whisper, and Marked For Death. Forgot to mention that in my previous post.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only shout I use is Fire Breath. After a story related battle Pargothalkfjalskfjwhateverax gives you the ability to really power up one of your shouts, and I chose that one since 1) I love fire based spells , and 2) 80% of the enemies in Skyrim are subsceptible to fire. I love going into a room and just destroying everying in a wide radius with my shotgun-like shout.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sig, post a picture of your character!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

That awesome dinner conversation wherein a 40 year old professional woman; a 20 year old clubbing college student; 14 year old eccentric, Broadway loving, comic geek nerd girl; and 11 year old prima donna all discuss how they are all tired of hearing their friends talk about Skyrim.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't hate what you can't understand

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Haven't got round to Skyrim yet, but I've played enough of Morrowind and Oblivion for this to make me lmfao:

Oh, and feev:

Don't hate what you can't understand
    Yeah, that's usually what I say when people ask me why I enjoy D-

*Slapped by fish in the face*

Ok, I'll shut up now.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And then after you shut up, you keep on talking anyway right ?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I really, really need to stop fucking around and complete some quests. But every time I sit down to play I find myself exploring and then I have to go drop shit off at my house ... and then I remember I meant to go do something somewhere else and the vicious cycle repeats itself.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And then after you shut up, you keep on talking anyway right ?
    Well, I try harder to make them understand, anyway!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hannah, I soooo know what you mean!! I finally got around to finishing the main quest yesterday, got my Dragon Priest mask and everythaaaang!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast