Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I talked to my co worker about the house thing and apparently you have to talk to him during a specific time frame in order for the option to appear. Don't know why Bethesda would do it that way, but hey, what do I know ?

Also - did you try the suggestions I posted above Hannah ?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I did, actually! I completed the companions quest that you have to do to get in the circle using dual wielding fire bolt and ice shard (or whatever the hell that spell is called). I think I went up about ten levels just on that quest. I also just finally achieved level 60 in blacksmithing so I can improve magic weapons and armor.

Feev, do you have the transmute spell yet? I use that to transmute iron ore into silver, then into gold. Then you can smelt the gold ore and craft gold jewelry and sell it for a ton of gold. I just buy up iron ore for super cheap and do that in between quests.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

After I took over the Dark Brotherhood, I decided to do the Thieves Guild quest line. When you first meet Maven Black-Briar, you can point out that her name carries a lot of weight in Riften. She says some stuff about controlling all of the guards, then says taht if you cross her, she pays a visit to the Thieves Guild and if you make her angry she pays a visit to the Dark Brotherhood and that I should remember that the next time I want to make such foolish observations. I was very disappointed that there was no "I AM THE DARK BROTHERHOOD, BITCH!" option in the conversation box that followed.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Traveler DungeonDeb is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Also, just from experience ... don't get married to an orc and decide you want a nord instead and then murder the orc. You can't remarry. Lame.
    You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...At least, that's what the internet has told me. I haven't tried it, myself (I married the orc blacksmith too, but as long as he toes the line, I'll let him live).

I'm having trouble buying the house in Riften that is supposedly available. I have done all the quests given to me by the jarl, but her advisor steadfastly refuses to give me the option to buy the house. Any suggestions?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonDeb View Post
    Also, just from experience ... don't get married to an orc and decide you want a nord instead and then murder the orc. You can't remarry. Lame.
    You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...At least, that's what the internet has told me. I haven't tried it, myself (I married the orc blacksmith too, but as long as he toes the line, I'll let him live).

I'm having trouble buying the house in Riften that is supposedly available. I have done all the quests given to me by the jarl, but her advisor steadfastly refuses to give me the option to buy the house. Any suggestions?
    Here is what some internet person said. I haven't tried to buy the Riften house yet, so I am not sure of the validity:
    There is a sick old argonian lady who will talk about losing her job. Talk to her and you will get a quest. Complete that and then go see the jarl of riften. Do her quest about a skooma dealer. Once that is done. You must do random quests for the towns people. It doesn’t matter who, as long as they live in riften. After doing a few of those you can talk to the jarls steward and she will sell the house to you! Note- you can get through the fishery through black briar meadery.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I did, actually! I completed the companions quest that you have to do to get in the circle using dual wielding fire bolt and ice shard (or whatever the hell that spell is called). I think I went up about ten levels just on that quest. I also just finally achieved level 60 in blacksmithing so I can improve magic weapons and armor.
    Dammit, I really need to get my blacksmithing up to 60. I have refined moonstones that I can use to improve my enchanted Elven Armor, but I don't have the necessary level to use it. Mierda. I'll just forge a shitload of daggers.

Feev, do you have the transmute spell yet? I use that to transmute iron ore into silver, then into gold. Then you can smelt the gold ore and craft gold jewelry and sell it for a ton of gold. I just buy up iron ore for super cheap and do that in between quests.
    I don't, actually ... where did you come across it ? Money isn't really an issue for me as I have a treasure cove of weapons and apparel that I can sell if I need the bills. Going to my house and loading up on them and THEN heading over to the shops to sell it is a bitch though.

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    After I took over the Dark Brotherhood...
    Question : I was just accepted into the 'Hood. Homegirl says that whenever you carry out a contract, your notoriety will go up, right ? And if it does, I'll get arrested or will have to bribe my way out of getting arrested ? Don't certain skills permanently decrease if you spend time in jail ? Will I always be on the run if I decide to carry out DB contracts ?

You actually can get remarried, BUT you have to be a werewolf AND you have to consume your spouse (and any witnesses) after you kill him or her...
    I've only turned into a werewolf once so I might have missed my cue but, how exactly do you consume someone ? Is there a button I have to press ? Wait for the 'Press X' prompt to appear ?

I'm not sure about the jail time. I just always pay my bounties. I think you can avoid bounties on most by mot being seen. I have had guards tell me they saw me coming out of the orphanage and that she deserved it, so certain ones accumulate even if you do in unseen. One big one that you have to do later causes a pretty big bounty 8n Solitude that can't be avoided. It was almost enough to buy a house.

Traveler DungeonDeb is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've only turned into a werewolf once so I might have missed my cue but, how exactly do you consume someone ? Is there a button I have to press ? Wait for the 'Press X' prompt to appear ?
    Lol, I will let you know after I've tried it (just started the Companions questline - wanted to get all the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Stormcloak and Mage lines done, first)... As I said, I haven't actually attempted it, myself, but I imagine there would be an option for consuming the evidence when you go to search the corpse, just as there is when you are wearing the Daederic ring that lets you feed off random corpses.

Chris, thanks for the info. I will go try to find the sick Argonian lady... Gotta say I love the Elder Scrolls games, but having to do a dozen pre-quests in order to accomplish anything does become tedious after while. Seems as though becoming a bard was the easiest thing to do! And I WISH Bethesda would figure out how to incorporate multi-player into their games!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Dammit, I really need to get my blacksmithing up to 60. I have refined moonstones that I can use to improve my enchanted Elven Armor, but I don't have the necessary level to use it. Mierda. I'll just forge a shitload of daggers.

I don't, actually ... where did you come across it ? Money isn't really an issue for me as I have a treasure cove of weapons and apparel that I can sell if I need the bills. Going to my house and loading up on them and THEN heading over to the shops to sell it is a bitch though.
    It was a spell book I found on a quest somewhere. I'm not sure which one. I'm helpful huh?

Selling shit is a bitch. None of the merchants ever have enough gold for me to get it all done in one town. I end up carrying a bunch of unnecessry crap around from town to town so I can sell it all off. That's why I started making gold rings and selling them. They sell for like 75 each and you can make two our of each gold ingot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's one of the things that annoys me too - most vendors only have around 700-800 gold on them, and I usually carry around 2,000$ worth of shit to sell

I found this place in the Midden (underneath the College of Winterhold) where you can forge your own Atronachs if you have the right ingredients. I was able to craft my own Storm Atronach, and it is head and shoulders better than both the Flame and Frost versions. Way better.

I just finished the Thieves Guild quest line and it was pretty awesome. The Nightingale Armor you get along the quest line looks amazing.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/N...r_%28Skyrim%29

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I'll be getting this for Christmas. I asked my dad to buy it, he was like "Is it for one of the kids?" and rolled his eyes when I replied, "weeeell, it's for me...and I'm your kid!" I'll try the puppy dog eyes thing tomorrow to cement the deal

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Hopefully I'll be getting this for Christmas..
    Prepare to kiss your social life goodbye

Also, I think I'm going to start using heavy armor from now on. Some of the Dragur Overlords are just too ridiculous to be using light armor on.

My Mood
    Amused

I'm almost at 100 for my skill level in light armor. I don't know if I can resort to Heavy Armor after going all the way like that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm at 70, and I felt the same way ... I hated the thought of losing all that progress .. but the Heavy Armor does absorb a lot more damage, and lately I've been running a lot of heavy hitting melee guys.

I'm thinking of switching back though. With my Light Armor I could sprint for all eternity and my stamina gauge would take forever to deplete, but with heavy armor on that shit drains quick. I don't know yet. I might have one of each in my inventory at any given time, switch back and forth according to the situation ... as painful as that sounds.

I was talking Skyrim with my room mate a few days ago and he said that if you max the Light Armor tree you can have as high an armor rating in Glass Armor as you can in Heavy Armor.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't found a piece of Glass Armor yet, but I was under the impression that it would be Heavy Armor ? My co worker keeps telling me that I need to find a set no matter what the price, that's how awesome it is. I'm pretty sure I know where to find a bunch too.

Hell, in that case I'll just find one and stock up on Light Armor perks.

I expected it to be Heavy as well, but it is light and it can be crafted: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/G...r_%28Skyrim%29

I can't verify the accuracy of my room mates claims, though.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started, literally, in Whiterun atm. I've never used an xbox before so it's pretty mad getting used to the controls and stuff - I'll come back when I have something impressive to say I'm a wood elf currently specialising in not being lame.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Any players on the board right now? I need some advice

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's up me loves ?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah it's ok, I killed the old lady at the orphanage because she was a cow and then fast tracked straight out of town. I wanted to know if I would be found out, but now I've met the little boy who was trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood (that was pretty hilarious, he was like "Whoa! I didn't know the DB were so good - you knew I wanted her dead before I even asked you!!" ) and now I've been recruited, so it's all groovy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ah it's ok, I killed the old lady at the orphanage because she was a cow and then fast tracked straight out of town. I wanted to know if I would be found out, but now I've met the little boy who was trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood (that was pretty hilarious, he was like "Whoa! I didn't know the DB were so good - you knew I wanted her dead before I even asked you!!" ) and now I've been recruited, so it's all groovy
    Haha. That's awesome that you just killed because she was a shithead, without the quest to do so.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice ! I love the brotherhood missions. They're some of my favorites. I love when the realization dawns on your targets that the DB sent you, and their subsequent futile attempts to escape their fate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast