Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Elder Scrolls

Unless Skyward Sword has anything to say, I think Skyrim is going to end up being Game of the Year for me.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Unless Skyward Sword has anything to say, I think Skyrim is going to end up being Game of the Year for me.
    *fingers crossed*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

What I have played of Skyward Sword is pretty awesome...

I don't know if it can beat out Skyrim, though. I played Skyrim pretty much from the time I got home from work until I went to sleep for the past two days.

For those who have been playing Skyrim, what sort of character have you been building? I'm almost strictly a magic user, focused heavily on destruction with some conjuration. I just finished up the College of Winterhold magic user side quests and it was all kinds of awesome. That quest line really brought home just how immense the game is. It is basically a side quest for magic users and it was around six hours of questing, that many people won't even see while playing the game if they go rogue-like or something, just like I will likely never see the Dark Brotherhood stuff on my mage.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should make a separate thread for Skyrim. I'll get on that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright guys, we now have a thread dedicated to nothing but geeky Skyrim talk ! Have at it !

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    For those who have been playing Skyrim, what sort of character have you been building? I'm almost strictly a magic user, focused heavily on destruction with some conjuration. I just finished up the College of Winterhold magic user side quests and it was all kinds of awesome. That quest line really brought home just how immense the game is. It is basically a side quest for magic users and it was around six hours of questing, that many people won't even see while playing the game if they go rogue-like or something, just like I will likely never see the Dark Brotherhood stuff on my mage.
    I'm playing as a Dark Elf, with a specialty in Sneak and Destruction magic. I love dual casting Flames as it delivers devastating attacks, but I hate being completely helpless defensively. My default stance is a one-handed weapon and Flame attack.

I'm just about to commence the second mission (retrieving the three books) from the College missions, apparently it's a pretty long mission so I'm doing a bit of leveling up first. I'm at level 13.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really enjoyed the whole College of Winterhold line.

I am playing on the PC and one of the Thalmor Embassy quests is very buggy. None of the bad guys spawn and it makes the quest impassable. I guess I am just going to work on some of the other quests and hope for a new patch taht fixes it. They already made a patch that fixed a problem where the guy who leads you back into the embassy didn't spawn properly. I hope they fix this one too and that it isn't just some corrupted data/save on my part. If they don't, I guess I will try to tinker around with some of the pc cheats to get past it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Alright guys, we now have a thread dedicated to nothing but geeky Skyrim talk ! Have at it !

I'm playing as a Dark Elf, with a specialty in Sneak and Destruction magic. I love dual casting Flames as it delivers devastating attacks, but I hate being completely helpless defensively. My default stance is a one-handed weapon and Flame attack.

I'm just about to commence the second mission (retrieving the three books) from the College missions, apparently it's a pretty long mission so I'm doing a bit of leveling up first. I'm at level 13.
    Cliched.

Could I pick this game up from the get-go and enjoy it? Would I be starting in the middle of a story continued from a previous game?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Every Elder Scrolls game is it's own story. Sure, there is an occasional reference or wink to older games which serve more as fan service than anything, but for the most part ES stories are self contained.

Now stop reading this, get out there, and get one of the finest games this generation of consoles has to offer.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a straight up warrior. I am playing as a Nord as I have always played as a Nord since Morrowind. I mainly focus on One handed, block, Heavy Armor, Restoration, and Smithing. I just completed the Imperial side of the civil war quest and am currently working on my next move.

As for the game, I fell in love the moment i started playing. The thing I love the most is the soundtrack. The Elder Scrolls have always had really good soundtracks but i think Skyrims is by far the best.
    If you love me then love me..

I am actually a Nord as well, but I wanted to be a rebel and be a Nord of focused heavily on magic and became the Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold.

Also, A nord who works with the Imperials?!? Blasphemy! What would your mother think?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know. I am currently working on the Brave Companions storyline right now.
    If you love me then love me..

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Came across this pretty cool article about easter eggs in Skyrim. http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/...we-are-amused/ Number 9 and 11 were my favorite.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Anyone playing it on PC? How does it run? 360's packed up, so I can't use that atm.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I plan to play it on the 360 first then when some mods come out fixing things I find wrong with the game I'll get it on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Anyone playing it on PC? How does it run? 360's packed up, so I can't use that atm.
    It is pretty buggy on PC. There's a patch coming after Thanksgiving weekend, though. I have stopped playing until it hits in hope that it fixes some game breaking bugs.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ps-and-cheats/ As soon as i get the game I plan on trying the first video out.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It is pretty buggy on PC. There's a patch coming after Thanksgiving weekend, though. I have stopped playing until it hits in hope that it fixes some game breaking bugs.
    Thanks for the tip. Ok, I might as well play Oblivion (which seems to run pretty well) in the meantime, then.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Offensively speaking, I've become almost exclusively a Destruction magic wielder. I have Destruction Lvl. 70 and I can overwhelm pretty much any opponent quickly, especially if I'm backed up by my Flame Atronarch which I usually am.

My favorite Shout is 'Fire Breath', I have it at it's 2nd level - most enemies are susceptible to Fire and I save this for the big guys (Ice Atronarchs, Frost Trolls, Necromancers) and then blast them with duel wield Flame.

Also, Falmer's are fucking annoying.

I love the kid assassin in the Dark Brotherhood and her little secret
    Spoiler:
    (that she is a vampire and over 300 years old)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I just got the Brotherhood story rolling ... it starts with killing that old orphanage care taker, right ?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, did you buy that house in Whiterun already ? How the hell do I remodel it / add embellishments to it ?!

Yeah, that is what starts the brotherhood line. Go sleep a few hours in an inn now.

I actually haven't bought the house yet.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So I'm a Breton, and I'm specializing in sneak and archery (my favorite things). I also am trying to get my destruction level up a little higher (currently at 40), but it's taking forevs. I guess that's what the stones are for, right?

Did anyone get married yet? I married an Orc blacksmith. The only benefits, as far as I can tell, are that your spouse will run a store so you can go to your home (where your spouse will always be) and use them to sell off your junk you just got from your questing. He also makes me a homecooked meal once a day and gives me 100 gold coins once per day as my "share" of the proceeds from his store. So, all in all, not a bad deal.

I think I just got the Brotherhood story rolling ... it starts with killing that old orphanage care taker, right ?
    Yes, sir! That was one of the first things I did. But I haven't done much besides killing some homeless vagrant on the DB quests.

Also, did you buy that house in Whiterun already ? How the hell do I remodel it / add embellishments to it ?!
    Breezehome? I bought it. You can update it through the Jarl of Whiterun's steward guy. You just go to him and buy all the upgrades you want. I can't remember his name, but he's usually standing right next to the Jarl during the day and sleeps on a pallet in the kitchen at night.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that is what starts the brotherhood line. Go sleep a few hours in an inn now.

I actually haven't bought the house yet.
    Schweeeeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So I'm a Breton, and I'm specializing in sneak and archery (my favorite things). I also am trying to get my destruction level up a little higher (currently at 40), but it's taking forevs. I guess that's what the stones are for, right?
    If you dual cast Destruction magic it increases in level almost twice as fast. Also, the mage for the Jarl at Solitude ? ... teaches Destruction magic. You can increase 5 levels like that (snaps fingers) if you have the gold. Also, one of the students in the College of Winterhold does the exact same thing. I think her name is Faralda ? She teaches 5 levels Destruction magic as well ! 10 levels of magic for a bit o' gold ... maybe around ... 3000 ? It's worth it though if you're desperate to level it up quickly.

Did anyone get married yet?
    No, I'm afraid of commitment.

I married an Orc blacksmith. The only benefits, as far as I can tell, are that your spouse will run a store so you can go to your home (where your spouse will always be) and use them to sell off your junk you just got from your questing. He also makes me a homecooked meal once a day and gives me 100 gold coins once per day as my "share" of the proceeds from his store. So, all in all, not a bad deal.
    ... marrying ASAP.

Breezehome? I bought it. You can update it through the Jarl of Whiterun's steward guy. You just go to him and buy all the upgrades you want. I can't remember his name, but he's usually standing right next to the Jarl during the day and sleeps on a pallet in the kitchen at night.
    The bald guy, right ? The one that sells you the house ? I went to talk to him but I didn't see any options in the speech tree regarding remodeling my house ... I wonder if I'm supposed to talk to him at a specific time ? Dammit, i want my alchemy table already

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, the bald dude is the one. I went and talked to him right after I bought the house and was able to buy up all the decoration and upgrade packs from him. Also you get a housecarl who will be your follower if you want, but she's weak so she dies too easy.

Also, just from experience ... don't get married to an orc and decide you want a nord instead and then murder the orc. You can't remarry. Lame.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast