Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with that. Play up a certain skill set and stick with it, or at least keep one save open to experiment. I ran into that problem when I couldn't decide whether to be one- or two-handed and ended up putting points in both and being just average with both. Whichever weapon you choose (and armor for that matter) it's probably a safe bet to put a couple points in the damage dealing and armor rating for that type as soon as you can.
    In Digitized Remorse

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I decided to go two handed since you thought it'd be a stronger choice. I feel kinda naked without my shield though, but I probably just need to practice and get stronger. Some hired thugs are after me, and I have to keep running away because I can't take them down

Also is the house in Whiterun Feev? Someone mentioned a house for sale, I just need to find out who's selling it. But I definitely need a place to keep all my stuff, I think I pick up too much and don't want to let it go, but I'm at the max weight now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, there will definitely be enemies that are stronger than you and that you should return to once you're stronger. One of the smalls things that brings me joy out of RPG's is returning to areas where I know I had difficulty after I level up and just DESTROYING all the enemies there. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that too

And yes, make obtaining that house a priority. We all know how fucking awful it feels to be questing and then having to sort inventory to see what you want to throw away and what you want to keep because you've exceeded your weight limit. It'll happen frequently so, get used to it lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I just got Lydia, so I gave her some stuff and then sold off a ton of stuff too. But I know it's going to pile right back up

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Heather plays Skyrim!?! Awesome! I bought the game last year for 5 bucks, but haven't played it yet.
    The fuck are you waiting for!?
    I keep jumping other games in front of it. Games like Dead Space 3, Last of Us, Assassin's Creed 3, GTA5 and now Ghosts. I didn't have a whole of interest in Skyrim when it came out. I only bought it because I couldn't pass it up for 5 bucks.

I'm huge into role playing games, but I like them more traditional. My style is more the JRPG with the turn based style. I'm pretty sure I will like it when I play it though. It has a Game of Thrones feel to it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

I'm curious what everyone's method for playing it is. Do you typically stay in one town and complete those quests before moving on? I'm still in Whiterun trying to finish most of these, but it almost seems neverending so I think I'll be traveling on. Also do the companion leaders ever run out of quests to give you? I've completed the main quest with them, but if I talk to them they just keep giving me random little quests to go on.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

The Companion leader requests are indeed neverending. The College of Winterhold also has neverending quests.
    In Digitized Remorse

Thanks! One other question, does it really matter if I join the Stormcloaks or the Imperials? Will one hinder my gameplay? And can I switch or am I stuck with the first one I choose?

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

There are no major differences in which side you join, other than installing new jarls in territories you take over, and if you approach the opposing side's camps (such as "Whiterun Stormcloak Camp", etc.) they will attack if you get too close. You cannot switch sides after you speak to the respective leader and officially join.
    In Digitized Remorse

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I joined the Imperials because Ulfric got on my fucking nerves.

Should I join one soon, or wait. I think the Imperials are located in a town I haven't visited yet.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh by all means, go ahead and join one now. Their missions are straight up battle royales. They send you to a fort held by the opposite party and you have to slaughter everyone standing. It's awesome.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I got the platinum for Skyrim too. 100% completion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Six years late to the party but I recently got Skyrim SE and am playing it. So much fun! I tried Morrowind years and years back and could not get into it. So this is my first real entry into the Elder Scrolls universe. Amazing stuff so far.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Hope your ready for another addiction. Been playing since it came out in '11 and just got the SE edition for the XBox One.
    My suggestin is play it without mods first. One or two vanilla runthroughs will give you an idea what mods may enhance your playstyle.

Enjoy!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's my thinking, too, although mods like SkyUI and moreHUD look super useful. And speaking of addiction, I got sick so took a sick day today and played Skyrim for pretty much 12 hours. Haven't done that since high school!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my most favorite, most addicting games ever.

What level are you on, Pablo? What's your class?

Country
    Country Flag

I only started about a week ago or so. I'm around level 9-10, I believe. Playing, like yourself, as a Dark Elf. Trying to focus on sneaking and two-handed combat, as I'm really enjoying bashing skulls in. The results are so-so so far, but I can take down a wolf in one swoop Other creatures are not so easy still. Archery is also okay. I suspect I need to level up quite a few more points for archery and sneaking to be actually usable. But I'm already happily married with an adopted child! Now to just make sense of these 17,000 quests I have to do for everyone.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My suggestion? Dark Elves are especially proficient with magic, so if you turn your build into a 2 handed melee fighter you're not utilizing the Elf to his full potential.

Now you can still use him as a 2 HF if you wish, but you'd get more out of him if you incorporate magic into your basic fighting maneuvers. Don't the DE have a +bonus in Destructive magic?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not much into actual magic, at least not yet. I just discovered the Shout, so it doesn't seem very powerful or useful - yet.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

now to wait like another 3 years

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't tried ESO yet but that trailer kinda convinced me. The only issue is that I don't really want to play with strangers with everyone just going nuts all over the place, which I've seen in a lot of videos.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm finally playing Elder Scrolls Online and loving it so much. There are many great things about it but one of them is the absolutely stunningly beautiful score:

I mean TES games have always had great music, but this is just amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast