Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Michael Whelan, Artist

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I believe he did sign them all with the bookplate already attached to the book. They probably didn't design the edition with a separate signature page which would be more expensive.
    BTAIM, It looks cheap-just like a signed bookplate almost always does.
    I'm fine with it. This book was supposed to be a softcover anyway. They got enough backers to upgrade it to a hardcover.
    Then they should have "upgraded" to a signature page. The whole drama of making a "midnight run/cannonball run" to get the books (plates) signed in retrospect was a waste of time. Color me less than impressed with the whole deal. The only part I enjoyed was going to Riverside, Ca for the exhibit, and meeting MW, and fellow fans.
    I agree on all fronts. The gallery opening was a lot of fun and something that I will always remember. The bookplate is kind of disappointing; it feels like at least the hardcovers should have had an actual limitation page. I will add that I am also very much enjoying the artwork I got with my reward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man that piece is Sick!!!!!! Love it man!

Thanks! It’s supposed to be one of the creatures in the Wastelands.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I believe he did sign them all with the bookplate already attached to the book. They probably didn't design the edition with a separate signature page which would be more expensive.
    I'm fine with it. This book was supposed to be a softcover anyway. They got enough backers to upgrade it to a hardcover.
    Then they should have "upgraded" to a signature page. The whole drama of making a "midnight run/cannonball run" to get the books (plates) signed in retrospect was a waste of time. Color me less than impressed with the whole deal. The only part I enjoyed was going to Riverside, Ca for the exhibit, and meeting MW, and fellow fans.
    I agree on all fronts. The gallery opening was a lot of fun and something that I will always remember. The bookplate is kind of disappointing; it feels like at least the hardcovers should have had an actual limitation page. I will add that I am also very much enjoying the artwork I got with my reward

Man that piece is Sick!!!!!! Love it man!

Thanks! It’s supposed to be one of the creatures in the Wastelands.

Dude I just said that to my wife!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

@wolfehr. That artwork is beyond cool. Congrats and thank you for sharing.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Did they upgrade all of the softcovers?
    Actually I was thinking of a different book I backed. They upgraded the cover to a textured/embellished cover, added 16 extra pages and thicker paper with better resolution images.
    I thought that was this one. And they added "lay flat" so you could open the book fully. That said I might be confusing this as well because I definitely cannot open the book to lay flat without fear of breaking the binding.

Also did anyone else get 2 copies of Beauties Beasts? I ordered one of each and now have 2 of the non MW one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any original art by Whelan they would like to sell?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

contacted you already

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    contacted you already
    My man.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Just posted my 19h piece by the master on Pride and Joy GOOD DAY!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I certainly agree, “Good day”.
    Quite a target Kris.
    Very pleased for you.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger '88 - unused Whelan artwork for "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger", trade paperback from Plume.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking..._for_the_dark/

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Gunslinger '88 - unused Whelan artwork for "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger", trade paperback from Plume.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking..._for_the_dark/

Is this for sale?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think so, but that doesnt mean that you cannot do an offer to the person that shared it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DTVII Artist Edition with rare Whelan remarque - - - > HERE

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For that price I'd surely buy it.

Congrats to the winner!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    I offered him $1500 and he said it was sold.
    Would have went to 2k easy. That’s sick.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in the right place at the right time...I bought it. I've been in touch with Carl Airtraffic...former owner) for many years about this one. I really love this one.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in the right place at the right time...I bought it. I've been in touch with Carl Airtraffic...former owner) for many years about this one. I really love this one.
    I wondered if that was Airtraffic's, but I thought his Remarque was in red ink?
    It's been many years since I've seen him post, so the red ink might just be faulty memory on my part.

I still kind of regret being responsible and not buying one when Whelan originally put them up for sale. Had it in the cart and was ready to click buy, but just couldn't justify the expense at that point in time.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    It's been many years since I've seen him post, so the red ink might just be faulty memory on my part.

I still kind of regret being responsible and not buying one when Whelan originally put them up for sale. Had it in the cart and was ready to click buy, but just couldn't justify the expense at that point in time.
    There is a Crimson King remarque in red ink...I own that one too...bought that from Mike Pasiuk. Scoogs, your memory is NOT faulty....there is a red Crimson King, not this one but another one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

There is a Crimson King remarque in red ink...I own that one too...bought that from Mike Pasiuk. Scoogs, your memory is NOT faulty....there is a red Crimson King, not this one but another one.
    Someday I will own one. Someday.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a cool project! It sounds like MW enjoyed the process. Congrats to the Whelans!

Thanks for sharing the article, Bev.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I love this. Thanks for sharing Bev.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

AS ALWAYS... anyone looking to sell a Whelan... I will pay top dollar if it grabs me I’m addicted. Feel free to PM if you have anything! Thanks

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An original Dark Tower/LSOE Whelan piece is for sale HERE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast