+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Michael Whelan, Artist

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I believe he did sign them all with the bookplate already attached to the book. They probably didn't design the edition with a separate signature page which would be more expensive.
    BTAIM, It looks cheap-just like a signed bookplate almost always does.
    I'm fine with it. This book was supposed to be a softcover anyway. They got enough backers to upgrade it to a hardcover.
    Then they should have "upgraded" to a signature page. The whole drama of making a "midnight run/cannonball run" to get the books (plates) signed in retrospect was a waste of time. Color me less than impressed with the whole deal. The only part I enjoyed was going to Riverside, Ca for the exhibit, and meeting MW, and fellow fans.
    I agree on all fronts. The gallery opening was a lot of fun and something that I will always remember. The bookplate is kind of disappointing; it feels like at least the hardcovers should have had an actual limitation page. I will add that I am also very much enjoying the artwork I got with my reward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man that piece is Sick!!!!!! Love it man!

Thanks! It’s supposed to be one of the creatures in the Wastelands.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I believe he did sign them all with the bookplate already attached to the book. They probably didn't design the edition with a separate signature page which would be more expensive.
    I'm fine with it. This book was supposed to be a softcover anyway. They got enough backers to upgrade it to a hardcover.
    Then they should have "upgraded" to a signature page. The whole drama of making a "midnight run/cannonball run" to get the books (plates) signed in retrospect was a waste of time. Color me less than impressed with the whole deal. The only part I enjoyed was going to Riverside, Ca for the exhibit, and meeting MW, and fellow fans.
    I agree on all fronts. The gallery opening was a lot of fun and something that I will always remember. The bookplate is kind of disappointing; it feels like at least the hardcovers should have had an actual limitation page. I will add that I am also very much enjoying the artwork I got with my reward

Man that piece is Sick!!!!!! Love it man!

Thanks! It’s supposed to be one of the creatures in the Wastelands.

Dude I just said that to my wife!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

@wolfehr. That artwork is beyond cool. Congrats and thank you for sharing.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Did they upgrade all of the softcovers?
    Actually I was thinking of a different book I backed. They upgraded the cover to a textured/embellished cover, added 16 extra pages and thicker paper with better resolution images.
    I thought that was this one. And they added "lay flat" so you could open the book fully. That said I might be confusing this as well because I definitely cannot open the book to lay flat without fear of breaking the binding.

Also did anyone else get 2 copies of Beauties Beasts? I ordered one of each and now have 2 of the non MW one.

Goldmember webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any original art by Whelan they would like to sell?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

contacted you already

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    contacted you already
    My man.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Just posted my 19h piece by the master on Pride and Joy GOOD DAY!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all Alec is a name known to all

I certainly agree, “Good day”.
    Quite a target Kris.
    Very pleased for you.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger '88 - unused Whelan artwork for "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger", trade paperback from Plume.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking..._for_the_dark/

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Gunslinger '88 - unused Whelan artwork for "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger", trade paperback from Plume.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking..._for_the_dark/

Is this for sale?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think so, but that doesnt mean that you cannot do an offer to the person that shared it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32