Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Whelan, Artist

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I had no idea he did the art for Bat Out Of Hell and Sepultura's Arise...
    The art for Arise is also in Legends.
    He did Beneath the Remains and Chaos A.D. too.

Other than exactly three DT pieces, I find Whelan's science fiction work much, much better.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My favourite is his fantasy work, especially the work he did for the Elric series.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I ponied up for piece of actual artwork.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I had no idea he did the art for Bat Out Of Hell and Sepultura's Arise...
    The art for Arise is also in Legends.
    He did Beneath the Remains and Chaos A.D. too.

Other than exactly three DT pieces, I find Whelan's science fiction work much, much better.
    I would be interested to know what 3 pieces you liked. I would have a very tough time picking only 3!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Which one did you go for David? I really wanted to go for Trinity rising or Canyon of Death

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a fan of Michael, excited to see his work getting the celebration it deserves.

I too, pledged my support in exchange for a piece of Original Art (Accidental Alien Landscape) and spoke with David yesterday regarding our soon-to-be-planned trip to Riverside, CA in February '17 to celebrate the opening.

Spoke with Audrey last night and they are very busy and yes, very excited as to the outpouring of support for his upcoming project.

Good stuff.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wanted to go for an original piece but hubs put his foot down since I already acquired a piece last month. I saw a few of these in person and Blinder is really cool up close. The colors are amazing. My first choice was Astral Muse and then Tanglewood.

Glad all the pieces got new homes.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Which one did you go for David? I really wanted to go for Trinity rising or Canyon of Death
    I paid $1500 to get Trinity Rising...love the color scheme and the mirror effect.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wanted to go for an original piece but hubs put his foot down since I already acquired a piece last month. I saw a few of these in person and Blinder is really cool up close. The colors are amazing. My first choice was Astral Muse and then Tanglewood.

Glad all the pieces got new homes.
    Astral Muse was my second pick...was hard to choose!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted one of the cheapest copy, but the shipping cost more than the book itself + too many expenses just now. Too bad it's a question of timing, i'll pass.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Traveler saginaw has a spectacular aura about saginaw has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Decided to go for the kickstarter. Got the hardcover limited edition.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They've added more original art offerings to the Kickstarter today.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I upped my pledge to get the Tripod Walker. I was all ready to save some money and not get any original art, then he had to add something DT related; guess it's time to get around to listing some stuff on ebay
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I upped my pledge to get the Tripod Walker. I was all ready to save some money and not get any original art, then he had to add something DT related; guess it's time to get around to listing some stuff on ebay
    I wondered if anyone here got that piece

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They're almost to $50,000 stretch goal.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like that one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT related? Remind me.... sorry i cant place it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

TRIPOD WALKER

Painted on the back of a misprinted Dark Tower image that we offer in the website shop. The print is on such a fine grade of heavyweight watercolor paper that I’m loathe to throw it away if there’s any hope of my reusing it for some other purpose. In this case, I was employing the paper as a mixing palette of mostly white, yellow ocher, and raw umber.

The shape suggested by a brush mark made me think of creatures described in Stephen King’s THE WASTE LANDS, long beaked, bird-like things that resemble "walking camera tripods". The image never left my mind after reading the book.

As I worked on the main painting—which at the time was HARBINGER—I tweaked the shapes here and there, added the legs, and covered some of the splashes that did not fit in with the mental picture in my head.

One day perhaps this sketch will lead to an actual illustration of the scene, which I’m sure should be darker and more hellish than what I indicated in this sketch.
    http://www.michaelwhelan.com/galleries/week-19/
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NEVER mind.. got it. WHAT A SCORE. Do not blame you at all... WOW.... love it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice grab Heath! And anyone else that got an original piece.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm going to the event as I pledged $450. Can't afford an original piece right now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like I'm going to the event as I pledged $450. Can't afford an original piece right now.
    Very jealous my man. That would be an amazing event to attend!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David and I will see you there.

Anybody else?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Anybody else?
    I'm hoping to! The original piece includes two tickets, but I need to figure out if I'll be able to get there.
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Anybody else?
    I'm hoping to! The original piece includes two tickets, but I need to figure out if I'll be able to get there.
    DUDE. You have to go. PERIOD.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast