Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rose Madder to be adapted for the screen

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rose Madder to be adapted for the screen

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/obs...aptation-15314
    Stephen King is an interesting writer in the sense that some of his work goes on to inspire renown films, ('The Shining,' 'Pet Sematary') whereas some of it ends up in cheaply put together straight-to video fare. ('Dolan's Cadillac') How much recognition his work has is usually a good indicator of which size screen it will be appearing on.

Variety reports that the film adaptation of King's novel, 'Rose Madder' is occurring as part of a three picture deal between Palomar Pictures and Grosvenor Park. Sorry, the other two films: 'Joseph and the Girl' and 'Elliot' have nothing to do with King. For more on those, head over to Variety.

King is typically associated with supernatural horror because of his more popularized work, but he has plenty of deviations, 'Madder' obviously being one of them. In a film format, 'Madder' sounds like it would fall into the thriller/drama categories.

The film has a good screenwriter behind it with Naomi Sheridan, who wrote up the well-received 'In America.'

Has anyone read the novel? Is it worthy of an adaptation?
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118045787
    In a major indie financing deal, Joni Sighvattson's Palomar Pictures ("Killer Elite," "Brothers") has launched a partnership with Grosvenor Park on a package of three films -- a pair of remakes and a Stephen King adaptation.

The companies jointly announced the alliance Monday at the American Film Market, under which Grosvenor Park will finance Palomar's upcoming productions of "Joseph and the Girl," "Elliot" and "Rose Madder." All three pics are targeted to go into production within 18 months.

"Rose Madder," based on King's 1995 fantasy novel, has been adapted by Naomi Sheridan ("In America"). That story's based on a woman who's on the run from her abusive husband and is able to travel into a painting.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I can say is (and may delicate eyes and ears forgive me): FUCK YEAH!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm with Pablo, I loved Rose Madder.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

This was either the second or third King book I ever read. I was floored.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Meh. Not a great book. Could possibly be made into a good film... more probably, it'll be just awful.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

sounds interesting... I liked the book for the content of the story more or less and what a person has to deal with in an abusive relationship and the things they had to do to get away. I hope the movie does it justice.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

http://deadline.com/2017/07/stephen-...ay-1202133074/
    Assaf Bernstein, maybe the hottest new director in Hollywood after directing the acclaimed Israeli TV drama Fauda, has signed to direct an adaptation of the 1995 King novel Rose Madder. It will be produced by Bread & Circuses’ Craig Flores, Primary Wave’s Brad Kaplan and Ace in the Hole’s Bernstein. The filmmaker, who helmed The Debt and wrapped his first English-language film Look Away, found out King was a big fan of his TV series and was receptive when the writer-director approached on Rose Madder, a novel that was part of a thematic trilogy that focused on abused women (the others are Dolores Claiborne and Gerald’s Game, the latter an upcoming Netflix film directed by Mike Flanagan and starring Carla Gugino). A battered wife married to a small-town policeman who runs the town, Rose flees, but finds that her husband has followed and is killing anyone who helps her. Said Bernstein: “Stephen King’s literary universe has greatly influenced me as a writer and filmmaker, and Rose Madder is a terrifying and exhilarating thriller that will make for a compelling parable of the battle between the sexes. Rose and Norman undergo a fascinating transformation, sometimes horrifying, at other times touching, and occasionally both at the same time. Rose is a once-in-a-lifetime role for an actress.”

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked Rose Madder. (A shame that apparently King himself wasn't keen.)

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was the novel that led me to The Dark Tower series!

I wonder how the last sequence will translate to film, and however. I hope they keep the DT reference.

+ Reply to Thread