+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,136 of 1136

Thread: How many King signatures do you have in your collection?

Gunslinger Apprentice MikeDuke is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cheerful

I now have 15 but hope to get a few more. Ones that don't cost a fortune

Breaker Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Six I think.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

One Mean Ass MOFO Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So I found a new King signature in my Doubleday files... and a very cool one I think.
    Guess this puts me at 100...until I find some more.

This is a three page letter for back/forth correspondence between King and the editor for deciding what would be on the front/back flap and the back side of the jacket of the First Edition Pet Semetary

King's suggestion's and signature is written in dark blue (though it shows up as black in the scans) and red ink. which matches pretty close to the final version on the jacket.

Breaker Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is pretty cool, Terry!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

One Mean Ass MOFO Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

still going through some of these files I've never looked at closely before...
    after having these files 8 to 9 years?...found this just now.... honestly... I had seen this plastic license plate taped to the fed-ex cardboard envelope before... but I thought the card board envelope was just to keep the plastic license plate from breaking...
    imagine my surprise when I just looked in the cardboard envelope... and found this...
    wonder if it's the only un-numbered signed unbound Stand limited edition limitation page around? anyone else ever see one of these?
    Merry Christmas to me!
    Guess I'm up to 101 signatures now.... and still have more to go through.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what a great find! Merry Christmas, indeed!!

Maerlyn's Imp peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is incredible, congratulations. What are these “Doubleday Files”, you have?

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The sig sheet is very very cool. Put the plate frame on your grape Gremlin

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    This is incredible, congratulations. What are these “Doubleday Files”, you have?
    King's first publisher - double day went out of business, and someone from the company was smart enough to save a large portion of the stephen king correspondence... who sold it to a super super collector many years ago... who liquidated their entire collection - via Bett's bookstore, years ago when Stu was still the owner. I bought them at that time (completely drained my bank account)

The collection is in 8 to 9 large boxes, and includes a lot of paperwork from Pet Semetery through the Uncut Stand - seems the very early works files prior to Pet Semetary - Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Stand original... were either lost over the years, destroyed... or some one else has them and have been sitting on them... I willing to bet ex member Bob- aka carlosdetwieler might be hiding a lot of that stuff.
    Anyway... there's a lot of in-house proofs for The Stand uncut, tons of financial stuff, proof jackets, correspondence between King and Double Day, internal memos, a signed contract for The Uncut Stand, publicity photos and the negatives of King used in newspapers and magazines, a lot of those old review mags/ papers, art mockups, the original King signatures samples that were used for the front board embossing on Pet Semetary, in-house production meeting notes on King titles, the in-house proofing for the later editions of several Kings titles (see the posts I made last night in the proof thread here), sample proof artwork sheets by Bernie Wrightson, the original signed contract for the Stand's artwork signed by Bernie, a many other goodies... some that I am still finding.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You have a treasure trove of stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Terry! Congratulations!!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46