Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gary Oldman

4 20.00%
  • Al Pacino

16 80.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TGAAOAT - Quarter Finals - Gary Oldman vs Al Pacino

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Scent of a Woman shows superb acting

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    Sorry guys.
    Maybe I just haven't seen enough of their films, but neither really does anything for me.
    If rack my brain enough I could maybe, MAYBE understand Gary Oldman ... But Al Freakin' Pacino !?!?
    Maybe his later stuff, when his voice seriously changed and lost a lot of its power, but not the Godfather movies, surely...unless...Heather, be honest: have you ever watched either of the first 2 Godfather movies?
    I've seen the first but didn't care for it so I've got no desire to see the second. Its just not my type of movie.
    Off the top of my head I've also seen him in Scarface, Heat, and Scent of a woman. I never said he was a bad actor, just that he does nothing for me. Sorry. I would just prefer to watch someone else instead.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't tell anyone you didn't care for Godfather. Anyone

... except bears!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was always of the belief that you had to try REALLY hard to not like The Godfather films ... but you both make it look so easy !

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry guys.
    Maybe I just haven't seen enough of their films, but neither really does anything for me.
    If rack my brain enough I could maybe, MAYBE understand Gary Oldman ... But Al Freakin' Pacino !?!?
    Maybe his later stuff, when his voice seriously changed and lost a lot of its power, but not the Godfather movies, surely...unless...Heather, be honest: have you ever watched either of the first 2 Godfather movies?
    I've seen the first but didn't care for it so I've got no desire to see the second. Its just not my type of movie.
    Off the top of my head I've also seen him in Scarface, Heat, and Scent of a woman. I never said he was a bad actor, just that he does nothing for me. Sorry. I would just prefer to watch someone else instead.
    *Moves Carnivale further down the list...*
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    don't tell anyone you didn't care for Godfather. Anyone

... except bears!

Sorry guys.
    No! You can't, you promised me! Besides you owe me for watching and listening to everything you recommended

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a hopeless weirdo -- liked The Godfather films, but not Scarface. Did appreciate some moments and elements of it, but for whatever reason cannot give it thumbs up.

*clutches flame retardant*

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No! You can't, you promised me! Besides you owe me for watching and listening to everything you recommended
    I watched East of Eden, House of 1000 Corpses, Black Swan, Halloween and got the Walking Dead comics! Isn't that enough?

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I'm a hopeless weirdo -- liked The Godfather films, but not Scarface. Did appreciate some moments and elements of it, but for whatever reason cannot give it thumbs up.

*clutches flame retardant*
    Actually, I don't like Scarface nearly as much as I used to. I loved it as an adolescent , back when I thought dropping the F-bomb every other sentence was awesome.

It's entertaining, but the character of Montana is too cartoonish for the film to be taken seriously.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the 1932 version?

Topic Topic topic (((receding into the distance. Let's put a thread-jump on to-do lists.

I watched East of Eden, House of 1000 Corpses, Black Swan, Halloween and got the Walking Dead comics! Isn't that enough?
    Nope, I need more!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nope, I need more!
    Lock Stock, Snatch...oh, and one more thing you kept going on at me to continue to watch...oh yeah: Lost!

Yeah, I think we're even!

- Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really chilling scene:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Al Pacino advances to the semi finals !

Country
    Country Flag

very good

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

never voted... but I will get behond Pacino now
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2