Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And this is what happens when Ryan Murphy creates a show and abandons it to create 7 other new shows. Pretty sure he's only responsible for the initial season concepts at this point.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    And this is what happens when Ryan Murphy creates a show and abandons it to create 7 other new shows. Pretty sure he's only responsible for the initial season concepts at this point.
    I think they have to get back to basics. The last two seasons have been somewhat experimental in nature. The first season is still the best for my money and had a more traditional horror vibe.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I am in the process of re-watching Season 1 and it does make me appreciate just how good this show can be when it's done right. I don't outright hate this current season as much as I did at the beginning. It's grown on me a little bit, like a fungus. I do find myself wanting to know how it all ends. But it pales in comparison to the first season quite a bit. Another thing about this season, Evan Peters is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has put a lot of effort into the various roles his played. Without him, there really wouldn't be a season at all this year. I've also enjoyed Sarah Paulson's character arc.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I am in the process of re-watching Season 1 and it does make me appreciate just how good this show can be when it's done right. I don't outright hate this current season as much as I did at the beginning. It's grown on me a little bit, like a fungus. I do find myself wanting to know how it all ends. But it pales in comparison to the first season quite a bit. Another thing about this season, Evan Peters is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has put a lot of effort into the various roles his played. Without him, there really wouldn't be a season at all this year. I've also enjoyed Sarah Paulson's character arc.
    You hit the nail on the head. Peters is working his ass off. He's great as usual, but there's almost too much of him. The show seems way more self contained as opposed to previous seasons.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I saw Evan on Conan a few weeks ago and he mentioned something about playing 6 different serial killers. At the time I thought that he meant that his character Kai was made up from 6 different people. I didn't realize that he would literally be playing 6+ different characters throughout the show.

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over. We are down to what, 2 characters that have actually survived the entire season from the first episode? 3 if you count the kid?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I saw Evan on Conan a few weeks ago and he mentioned something about playing 6 different serial killers. At the time I thought that he meant that his character Kai was made up from 6 different people. I didn't realize that he would literally be playing 6+ different characters throughout the show.

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over. We are down to what, 2 characters that have actually survived the entire season from the first episode? 3 if you count the kid?
    I'm counting down too. I just want it to be over.

The scenes where Peters is playing other cult leaders adds nothing to the main story. It's just a way for the show to tie in real-life cult leaders. The biggest issue with the show is that there are no protagonists. There's a reason that pretty much every film, TV show, book and video game has a protagonist. Without one, there's nobody to root for.

Terribly produced show this year.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

The scenes where Peters is playing other cult leaders adds nothing to the main story. It's just a way for the show to tie in real-life cult leaders. The biggest issue with the show is that there are no protagonists. There's a reason that pretty much every film, TV show, book and video game has a protagonist. Without one, there's nobody to root for.

I guess I didn't realize it until you said it, but you are right. There really isn't any one character that I care about living or dying on the show. I *think* we are supposed to be rooting for Ally but ever since she turned and joined the cult I really can't. Even if she's doing it simply to save her son. I was rooting a little bit for Winter since it seemed she was only going along everything because she loved her brother but she's gone now too.

I can't even tell the other members apart. I hear Kai say their nick-names but if you lined them all up together I wouldn't have a clue which one was which.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I didn't realize it until you said it, but you are right. There really isn't any one character that I care about living or dying on the show. I *think* we are supposed to be rooting for Ally but ever since she turned and joined the cult I really can't. Even if she's doing it simply to save her son. I was rooting a little bit for Winter since it seemed she was only going along everything because she loved her brother but she's gone now too.

I can't even tell the other members apart. I hear Kai say their nick-names but if you lined them all up together I wouldn't have a clue which one was which.
    When Ally turned, I checked out. They could have had a good thing going where she brings the whole thing down. They still might, but at this point I'm not sure I care.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over.
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shitty season of TV, but ... and I only say this as an interesting opinion ... the first episode was so "TURN THIS SHIT OFF NOW!" bad that it only got better from there, lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over.
    Add me to the list too.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Add me to the list too.
    I will have to look around the internet and see if the general public shares this sentiment or if we are in the minority.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the finale was pretty unthrilling. At least it's over now. Definitely my least favorite season. And I really don't know what they were thinking with Ally's character. Are we really supposed to side with her? She's definitely not innocent either.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this season either. Didn't really feel anything at the end. Ally lost all respect from me when she turned and joined the cult and started killing people herself. They could have done so much more for her character so that you'd root for her in the end. I came across some article that was saying how rotten tomatoes had really high ratings for this season, and some episodes scored a perfect 10. I think I must have been watching a completely different show

Country
    Country Flag

A perfect 10? In what world?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

They must be in the twilight zone

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this season either. Didn't really feel anything at the end. Ally lost all respect from me when she turned and joined the cult and started killing people herself. They could have done so much more for her character so that you'd root for her in the end. I came across some article that was saying how rotten tomatoes had really high ratings for this season, and some episodes scored a perfect 10. I think I must have been watching a completely different show
    I don't look at RT for TV shows. I still don't know where or how they get those ratings.

Anyway, the finale was an absolute turd. So glad it's over. I agree with you, the show went to shit when Ally turned. I get it, they're trying to show how anyone can be sucked into a cult. The problem with that, as discussed before, is that it left the show with no protagonist. The other issue is that once you see her do some of the stuff she does (fucking stabbing an innocent dude to death in a car) it's kind of hard to root for her again.

Just a complete mess and I'm not sure what they were thinking. I did watch a YouTube video the other day where the guy said it was one of his favorite seasons. I'm not sure what people are watching.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

But was she sucked into the cult though? I felt like she manipulated her way in, gained trust and used that to get revenge on her wife and get her kid back. I don't think she ever bought into Kai's BS.

We've seen other people do despicable things on the show but were kind of made to root for them. All of Lang's characters did horrible things. Ally killing the guy in the car was her darkest moment for sure but I think she did that to save her deal with the feds. If Speedwagon's state cops came in, it could have potentially threatened the idea of her getting Oz back, perhaps the loss of any immunity the feds had promised her etc.

I feel like Murphy has further plans for Ally. I think we may see her again in a future season. I don't know why but I do.

So are we all in the minority here? Do most people actually like this season? I just find that so hard to believe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    But was she sucked into the cult though? I felt like she manipulated her way in, gained trust and used that to get revenge on her wife and get her kid back. I don't think she ever bought into Kai's BS.

We've seen other people do despicable things on the show but were kind of made to root for them. All of Lang's characters did horrible things. Ally killing the guy in the car was her darkest moment for sure but I think she did that to save her deal with the feds. If Speedwagon's state cops came in, it could have potentially threatened the idea of her getting Oz back, perhaps the loss of any immunity the feds had promised her etc.

I feel like Murphy has further plans for Ally. I think we may see her again in a future season. I don't know why but I do.
    Oh, god, I hope not.

You're right though, her plan all along was probably to infiltrate their cult. I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose. I'm fine being in the minority on this one. When it comes to the mainstream audience, we are probably in the minority. They love torture porn films, so this is right up their alley.

I suppose we are in the minority, I read one article that ranked the seasons and it placed Cult at number 3 behind Murderhouse and Asylum.

I'm pretty sure I've done this but here are my rankings, from best to worst:
    Murder House
    Freakshow
    Asylum
    Roanoke (mainly just for the first half, not a fan when they switched gears for the second part)
    Coven
    Hotel
    Cult

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck this season.

American Horror Story: Season 1 (Murder House) - 12 episodes 4.5 (out of 5)
    American Horror Story: Season 2 (Asylum) - 13 episodes 3.5
    American Horror Story: Season 3 (Coven) - 13 episodes 3.75
    American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow) - 13 episodes 3.8
    American Horror Story: Season 5 (Hotel) - 12 episodes 3.5
    American Horror Story: Season 6 (Roanoke) - 10 episodes 3.6
    American Horror Story: Season 7 (Cult) - 11 episodes 2.18

Country
    Country Flag

For me:

Murder House
    Asylum
    Coven
    Roanoke
    Cult

Quality keeps going down season-by-season for me. I have Freak Show and Hotel, but haven't seen them yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Why have you not watched Freakshow yet Ricky?.... It's easily one of the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast