Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even with the opium induced freak gang-bang of the candy-striper being filmed and watched by the person who is basically their fraternity mother?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its weird that no one is talking about this show on here.

If anyone else is watching I have to ask: Is it crazy that I feel bad for the clown now? I definitely hate Dandy more than him after seeing his story.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this season. I loved the clown when he was creepy and violent, and I loved him when he was slow-minded and nice.

Spoiler:
    And then they kill him off.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Well I shouldn't of read that spoiler.we are gonna try and watch tonight.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm loving this season! So much better than the past few. I love the darker side it's taking. Also I'm bummed that they
    Spoiler:
    killed off the clown. He's one of the scariest clowns ever, I was hoping he would last longer. But I do like where they're going with Dandy. He is one purely evil guy.

I'm not a huge fan of Elsa, I feel like all of Jessica Lange's characters are so similar, that it just feels like a repeat and nothing new.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I feel like all of Jessica Lange's characters are so similar"

YES.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's episode wasn't anything spectacular, but two scenes in particular stood out:

Spoiler:
    The fantasy scene with the little Indian girl dying and the reality scene where she was put in the glass jar and pretended to be a butterfly ... Whew. My heart was ACHING for this woman. Not only does she look like a baby, but she's the nicest, most innocent character ever. So sad.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Tonight's episode wasn't anything spectacular, but two scenes in particular stood out:

Spoiler:
    The fantasy scene with the little Indian girl dying and the reality scene where she was put in the glass jar and pretended to be a butterfly ... Whew. My heart was ACHING for this woman. Not only does she look like a baby, but she's the nicest, most innocent character ever. So sad.
    Yeah, so that happiness was short lived. Unintentional pun, I promise.

I'm really enjoying this season. My favorite part of last episode was the use of Nirvana's "Come As You Are."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have you guys seen this? Apparently there's some connection between all seasons? Pretty intriguing.
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/...,manual,manual

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Been watching American horror story coven, even for me there is some fucked up stuff going on.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a fun episode.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm an episode behind, but I just watched the episode focusing on Liz Taylor and Kathy Bates. The sequence with Liz Taylor's little backstory was beautiful from top to bottom. Denis O'Hare is fucking amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

This might be the second-best season depending on where it goes from here. If you want to know where they got some of the ideas for this season, look up H.H. Holmes.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm an episode behind, but I just watched the episode focusing on Liz Taylor and Kathy Bates. The sequence with Liz Taylor's little backstory was beautiful from top to bottom. Denis O'Hare is fucking amazing.
    O'Hare is one of the unsung heroes of the franchise if you ask me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

His scene in True Blood where he goes on the live newsroom feed was epic.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I finally made it to season four... I'm so behind.

Well you're in for a treat. Freakshow was one of my favorite seasons.

A question about last week,
    Spoiler:
    I just assumed that Tristan was a full on vampire, but then Lady Gaga killed him. So are they not immortal? They just don't age? Can she be killed?

Country
    Country Flag

Lady GaGa/"the countess" killed her former lover's boyfriend after she turned him. I think it has been established that they can be killed but heal fast and will not die of disease or natural causes. They are sort of like vampires but not completely. They are more vulnerable to attacks but not limited by exposure to sunlight or crosses or subject to silly rules like having to be invited in.

Country
    Country Flag

And I think the most recent episode just confirmed this. I truly believe that this show does "vampires" better than any of the others have, especially True Blood.

Here is a theory that I have had for this season for awhile that I think this episode also confirmed:
    Spoiler:
    The detective is also the ten-commandments killer. I think that him being invited to March's serial killer dinner was one of the first big clues but there have been other hints. His conversation with the vampire girl has me completely convinced now.

Other random notes:

This series has used the same actors to play different parts each season but unless I am mistaken this is the first time they had an actor play two different characters in the same season. I am not sure I buy Dandy as a "flicker god" or a model but the guy is a good actor so why not. (He made watching a movie featuring the Texas Longhorns tolerable so he must be good.)

Bringing back the real estate agent from season one just so she could be killed was a nice touch as well. She deserved it after continually selling people the murder house.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    And I think the most recent episode just confirmed this. I truly believe that this show does "vampires" better than any of the others have, especially True Blood.

Here is a theory that I have had for this season for awhile that I think this episode also confirmed:
    Spoiler:
    The detective is also the ten-commandments killer. I think that him being invited to March's serial killer dinner was one of the first big clues but there have been other hints. His conversation with the vampire girl has me completely convinced now.

Other random notes:

This series has used the same actors to play different parts each season but unless I am mistaken this is the first time they had an actor play two different characters in the same season. I am not sure I buy Dandy as a "flicker god" or a model but the guy is a good actor so why not. (He made watching a movie featuring the Texas Longhorns tolerable so he must be good.)

Bringing back the real estate agent from season one just so she could be killed was a nice touch as well. She deserved it after continually selling people the murder house.
    That is a great theory and I will now subscribe to it.

I agree, that thought never crossed my mind but it makes complete sense. Also I was surprised to see Finn Wittrock as another character as well. But I liked how they were reusing him.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No posts in almost 2 months. Is it safe to say that I'm not the only one that lost interest in this season of American Horror Story?

Also, kudos to Rube for nailing the twist. Unfortunately, it might be the one thing that made me lose interest in the show. This season had a thin protagonist to begin with (I'm not sure why but I couldn't get into his character) but then it completely went to shit when it turned out he was the
    Spoiler:
    10 Commandments Killer.

The show literally had zero protagonists for the final few episodes. It's kind of hard to root for a bunch of murdering ghosts. At least for me it is.

I enjoyed it, but it was far from my favorite season. I'd rank it right in the middle, below Murder House and Freakshow, but better than Asylum and Coven. I do agree that it did loose some steam by the end of the season. I also don't think it helped that they took a few weeks off for the holidays only to come back to 2 episodes. Hopefully next year they'll start it earlier so it's finished by the holidays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast