Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just haven't gotten around to it yet...and more new TV shows keep getting added to my list that I want to watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The one thing that everyone seems to be in agreement on is that season 1 is the best.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The one thing that everyone seems to be in agreement on is that season 1 is the best.
    Season 1 had the best finale. The other season finales have been disappointments.
    Last edited by Tommy; 05-22-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Freakshow
    Murder House
    Asylum
    Coven
    Hotel
    Roanoke
    Cult

Freakshow has a special place for me mostly because that's the first season my wife and I watched. For some reason or another we just never got into the show until then. After we watched that season, we went back and watched the others.

I didn't think Hotel was that bad either but the dropoff since then has been pretty steep. I think losing so much of the re-occurring cast has been a big part of that.

Notably absent in Cult were: Denis O'Hare, Angela Bassett & Kathy Bates

Emma Roberts had a small and ultimately inconsequential role.

I miss Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Taissa Farmiga, Finn Wittrock and even Lady Gaga. I thought she was pretty good in Hotel.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Lange and Rabe are two of my favorites from the show. I'm trying to figure out why the storytelling just hasn't been up-to-par the past couple seasons and the only thing I keep coming back to is they're trying to be too satirical and self-aware that they're putting good story/plot/characters behind being "clever."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Kathy Bates is coming back for season 8.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They need her, but season 8 is going to be an important one for them.

Country
    Country Flag

Saw that Bates, Paulson, and Peters are going to be the leads for 8. Paulson and Peters are talented, but do we need to have them at the forefront of EVERY season? Let's switch up the leads a little.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I agree. I don't mind them using the same cast, but I do wish they would switch up the leads every now and then. I was hoping when Connie left Nashville that she would come back but instead she went to that other show of theirs.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes, I agree. I don't mind them using the same cast, but I do wish they would switch up the leads every now and then. I was hoping when Connie left Nashville that she would come back but instead she went to that other show of theirs.
    Yeah, I wish they would freshen things up with different leads. Britton went to 9-1-1 and she's the best thing about an otherwise average show.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

But I have zero desire to watch that show. I wish she was on this one instead.

omit

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

But I have zero desire to watch that show. I wish she was on this one instead.
    Yeah, you're not missing anything.

Joan Collins

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've mentioned that I think it would be great for the show to take place on a space station. It's one of the horror sub genres they haven't explored yet.

However, I have another idea that is probably more plausible. What about if the season revolved around a haunted theater? There's something really spooky about old theaters. Yes, it might be a little too similar to AHS: Hotel, but where it would differ is with all the cool storylines you could do with ghosts haunting the theater.

Failed actors etc. There's a lot of inside Hollywood stuff they can throw in as well.

That would be pretty cool. I really hope they can capture some of the essence of the earlier seasons because this last one was horrible.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Heather. I don't find many things unwatchable, but Cult came pretty close.

And Mike, I like your old theater idea. That could be cool.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

A raunchy thought I had was a season based around shall we say a house of ill repute? It would be awesome to get Lange back as a Madam. Just imagine the possibilities of that season, YIKES!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A raunchy thought I had was a season based around shall we say a house of ill repute? It would be awesome to get Lange back as a Madam. Just imagine the possibilities of that season, YIKES!
    AHS: The Haunting of Whore House

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    AHS: The Haunting of Whore House

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I agree, Heather. I don't find many things unwatchable, but Cult came pretty close.

And Mike, I like your old theater idea. That could be cool.
    Thanks, Ricky!

I never thought I'd say this after watching Cult, but I thought Versace might have been even more unwatchable.

Country
    Country Flag

What? How is that possible (I haven't seen it)?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I never watched the last 2 episodes of Versace and I just deleted them off my dvr...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What? How is that possible (I haven't seen it)?
    You know when people say, "Anything is possible"? This is what they are talking about.

I never watched the last 2 episodes of Versace and I just deleted them off my dvr...
    This is a strength that I can only envy and wish for one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast