Donate To Keep The Site Vibrant and Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: American Horror Story

Let the festivities begin Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The opening paragraph of this article basically sums up my feelings towards this season.

Well, that sure was a whole thing. “AHS: 1984” is over now, though I’m not sure it would be accurate to say it “concluded.” It simply is done and there’s no more. It was certainly quite a ride, and I honestly don’t really understand any of it.
    https://www.thewrap.com/a-list-of-th...t-all-jingles/

As I mentioned before, I didn't hate it as much as the previous 2 or 3 seasons but this show has gone downhill badly. They really need to be done with it.
    I feel the same way. The last few episodes just got absolutely ridiculous.

I'm going to keep saying it: Space Horror. It's the only sub-genre they haven't touched upon.

Peter Gibbons Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the finale last night. Like the whole season, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't terrible, it was just okay. A fun watch (and way better than Cult, which I think is the worst season), but they really need to take some time away and focus on writing a fresh, season-long story that's scary, coherent, focused, and doesn't have flashbacks from 17 different years.

Mike, I read this interview with Ryan Murphy last night and immediately thought of you:

Or are there other areas you want to explore in the sub-genre for future AHS seasons?

There’s always the runner-ups, and I’m like ‘Hmm could this be something?’ We flirted with aliens, we flirted with space, we flirted with some things that were more interesting than others. I think that at the heart of it, it’s always about Americana. It would be hard to do something like that idea you mention, not that I wouldn’t. The fans write in what they want, and they’re very excited about the Coven stuff and the aliens in season 2. They’ve always wanted something in space.

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work.

FULL INTERVIEW
    Peter: "I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

Soap Poisoning Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

I enjoyed this season way more than a few of the recent past seasons. That said, I think the first half was much stronger. I loved the 80s slasher flick episodes. Granted it wasn't anything groundbreaking but it was entertaining. But then when they switched gears it fell apart a bit for me. I don't understand why they've chosen this method of storytelling for the recent seasons. They didn't do it with the first few, so I wonder why this has become their go to method. I would have been much more satisfied if the whole series just took place over the course of that day or two.
    "Fra-gee-lay" …it must be Italian!

Let the festivities begin Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched the finale last night. Like the whole season, it wasn't amazing, it wasn't terrible, it was just okay. A fun watch (and way better than Cult, which I think is the worst season), but they really need to take some time away and focus on writing a fresh, season-long story that's scary, coherent, focused, and doesn't have flashbacks from 17 different years.

Mike, I read this interview with Ryan Murphy last night and immediately thought of you:

Or are there other areas you want to explore in the sub-genre for future AHS seasons?

There’s always the runner-ups, and I’m like ‘Hmm could this be something?’ We flirted with aliens, we flirted with space, we flirted with some things that were more interesting than others. I think that at the heart of it, it’s always about Americana. It would be hard to do something like that idea you mention, not that I wouldn’t. The fans write in what they want, and they’re very excited about the Coven stuff and the aliens in season 2. They’ve always wanted something in space.

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work.

FULL INTERVIEW
    Well, that's pretty cool that it's something they have thought about. I had a feeling it's something other people have been asking for. It's been a pretty popular sub-genre of horror.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23