Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Also, does Sarah Paulson have it in her contract that she's the main character each season? I love her and think she's super talented, but let's have some variety in main actresses.
    They do have a hard-on for Paulson. FX in general loves the shit out of her. She won an Emmy for The People vs. O.J Simpson. I think she's a great actress, but I thought she was overacting here.

I'm not sure where this season is going, but I'm inclined to give it a chance.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's bordering on being pure satirical farce instead of a horror show. Some of the dialogue is just plain ridiculous to a point where I have to believe it was meant that way. On a good note, Winter is freaking me out.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that Sarah Paulson is spot on to the intensity of an irrational anxiety attacks after witnessing a number of them from my husband this summer. She plays it more for almost comedic effect, but when they are going on, they override EVERYTHING including love ones. They are scary as shit to witness.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I have to say that Sarah Paulson is spot on to the intensity of an irrational anxiety attacks after witnessing a number of them from my husband this summer. She plays it more for almost comedic effect, but when they are going on, they override EVERYTHING including love ones. They are scary as shit to witness.
    I do agree with that. I know several folks that have phobias and she does a good job there.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like things with small holes close together (like hermit crab holes in the sand...or crackers) either, but it's not necessarily a phobia. I also didn't know it was a real phobia until a couple years ago.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

American Horror Story: Cult

American Horror Story: Sarah Paulson Cries Hysterically About Holes For An Hour A Week

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    On a good note, Winter is freaking me out.
    She was actually really good on Scream Queens too. FYI, that's actually Carrie Fisher's daughter.

Well that episode was batshit crazy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's getting better. It holds my attention, so I'm cool with it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm beginning to question why I continue to watch. Last season was a struggle but I made it through. The show has been going downhill since 'Hotel' IMO. I'm completely lost at what is going on and none of the characters are even all that likeable.

I'm also amazed at how many of the actors haven't come back for this season. Where is Kathy Bates? Denis O'Hare? Angela Bassett? One of the things I really enjoyed about the show was seeing the same actors in different roles each season. By my count (unless they plan on bringing in more later) there are only 4 that have returned from previous seasons.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you, Iwritecode. I feel at this point they're going for creepy stuff for creepy's sake instead of focusing on the story like in Season 1. Murder House had tons of creepy stuff, but it was secondary to the story (not to mention the structure was a lot more coherent). In three episodes we've got: clown phobias, a clown cult of some kind, a weird gas truck, a therapist (who I'm convinced is the mastermind behind the cult, triggering his patients' fears), and weird Kai--who I really can't stand--and Winter stuff. I'm all for side plots and seeing the "bigger picture" later on, but at three episodes in I don't have a clue where this season is going. And that's not a good thing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm also having a hard time with the actions of the characters. I know watching a TV show requires some suspension of disbelief, but the way they are reacting to things just seems odd to me. They glossed over the shooting of the restaurant worker so quickly that I forgot that had even happened by the next episode. Seeing the neighbors show up on the doorstep with sombrero's really confused me for a minute or two. Who the hell does that anyway? Taco bell coupons? Seriously?

And why the hell has Winter not been fired? She just lets random people and pets into the house like it's no big deal.

Why is Ivy more upset about what she saw in that 2-second clip of a video than the fact that a) someone put the camera in their bathroom b) posted the video on the internet and c) made it available to her own kid?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This has got to be the worst season yet.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I'm also having a hard time with the actions of the characters. I know watching a TV show requires some suspension of disbelief, but the way they are reacting to things just seems odd to me. They glossed over the shooting of the restaurant worker so quickly that I forgot that had even happened by the next episode. Seeing the neighbors show up on the doorstep with sombrero's really confused me for a minute or two. Who the hell does that anyway? Taco bell coupons? Seriously?
    I just assumed they are crazy and in on the whole thing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    This has got to be the worst season yet.
    None were good after the first season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just assumed they are crazy and in on the whole thing.
    I'm sure they are. But that whole interaction was just weird. She didn't even try to defend her actions to them. I think that's why it took me a minute to figure out what they hell they were even talking about.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Not sure about this season. Still have last night's episode to watch but so far it's been a little blah. I wish they would cut out the election stuff and focus on phobias and cults. There's so much going on, seems like it would be a lot better if they focused it down on one thing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Agree with everything you said, Heather. I feel like Ryan Murphy thinks he's being clever with the election and pop culture satire, but it's kind of irritating. More horror, less satire.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you guys know me well enough to know that I'm no prude when it comes to violence, language or nudity. I've seen some crazy stuff in film, TV and video games. A film called Man Bites Dog is one of my favorite films of all-time. Family and friends have even mentioned that I've become desensitized to violence. Who knows. They might be right, which brings me to the most recent episode of American Horror Story.

I had a really hard time with the nail gun scene. I honestly found myself caught off guard at how disturbed I was. I'm not really sure why. I've certainly seen crazier things. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. Maybe it's because this season of AHS is just plain terrible. Whatever the reason, I found the scene unnecessarily violent.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It was pretty brutal. The one thing I can't do is extreme torture, so that scene and the one with the gimp hanging there really bothered me.

The nail gun scene and the gimp scene are the best scenes of the season so far! Oh and the Beverly Hope remix video from the previous episode. This season is fucked.

This show has gotten almost unwatchable. My wife and I watched the last couple of episodes and basically kept asking each other throughout the viewing, why we continue to watch. At this point they've killed off like 80% of the characters that were introduced in the first couple episodes. I'm not even sure who's left besides the lesbian couple and Chaz Bono's character.

Spoiler:
    Also that whole have sex with the dude that is currently trying to impregnate your sister scene was a little too far out for me. I get that cult leaders do some pretty creepy shit but come on now...

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with your spoiler.I understand the point was to show that Kai's twisted and really doesn't seem to have a master plan, but it was just a little too much.

I really enjoyed the two episodes before this one. If the whole season were like those, I'd love this season. But it's just been so uneven. I really don't care about any of the characters (including Ally).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This season is a joke. I'm not sure what they were going for this year. I still stand by my idea of having a season take place on a space station. I think there's a ton they can do and space horror literally has its own genre.

That would be awesome.

As for this season, it's so boring. I just got caught up and watched the last 2 episodes today. Normally I can't wait to watch them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast