Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: American Horror Story

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Cried for two hours.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    "The season finale of #AHSNYC has a runtime of 32 minutes, making it the shortest episode of “American Horror Story” to date."

https://twitter.com/ahszone/status/1593002625796296705
    Wow that is short. I watched the first episode last night. I'm hoping it gets better. I wish they could somehow bring back the essence of season 1. I loved how there were all these layers to the story, and I feel like that's been missing in all the following seasons.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the finale last night and have a strong feeling that this is going to be one of the most forgettable seasons. The sense of place was good, but the story just didn't do it for me. I echo Heather's thoughts in that I wish they'd get back to the essence (and true horror) of seasons 1 and 2.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It probably will. It's my favorite so far. I can't stop thinking about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...12-1235370080/
    Kim Kardashian is joining the Ryan Murphy Repertory Company.

The reality star, entrepreneur, podcaster and pop culture icon just signed on to star in the upcoming 12th season of FX’s American Horror Story, in a role specifically written with her in mind. She joins returning AHS star and serial Murphy collaborator Emma Roberts in the outing — which, in a first for the show, will be written and showrun by a single writer, Halley Feiffer.

“Kim is among the biggest and brightest television stars in the world and we are thrilled to welcome her to the AHS family,” said AHS co-creator Murphy in a statement to THR. “Emma and I are excited about collaborating with this true force in the culture. Halley Feiffer has written a fun, stylish and ultimately terrifying role especially for Kim, and this season is ambitious and unlike anything we have ever done.”

Murphy and Kardashian are friends, and the prolific TV producer and filmmaker is said to have been impressed with her well-received 2021 hosting gig on Saturday Night Live. They began speaking last summer about crafting a unique role for her scripted TV debut. Specifics about Kardashian’s and Roberts’ roles are being kept tightly under wraps, though the writing was on the wall about Kardashian’s involvement this morning with a cryptic Instagram post from her account — the eighth-most-followed in the world.

Unlike previous iterations of AHS, however, there is at least something to go on. For the first time in the anthology’s history, it’s leaning into source material. The season is titled Delicate and is based, at least in part, on Danielle Valentine’s upcoming novel Delicate Condition. Out in August from Sourcebooks Landmark, the novel is described as a gripping thriller about a woman who becomes convinced that a sinister figure is going to great lengths to make sure her pregnancy never happens. A cover blurb from author Andrea Bartz describes Delicate Condition as “the feminist update to Rosemary’s Baby we all needed.”

Though Kardashian has acted before, this will be her most high-profile effort to date. And A-list stunt casting is not exactly outside of the AHS wheelhouse. The series has been a revolving door of marquee names since tapping Jessica Lange back in season one, famously casting Lady Gaga, whose acting credits were then just her own elaborate music videos, in season five — paving the way for her successful film career.

The move also sees Kardashian doubling down on her relationship with Disney, where she and her family launched reality show The Kardashians at Hulu just a year ago. The streamer is also the de facto digital home of fellow Disney property FX’s programming slate.

Roberts, part of AHS‘ rotating cast since 2013 entry Coven, also appeared in the Freak Show, Cult, Apocalypse and 1984 entries. She returns to the franchise after a four-year hiatus. Feiffer takes over showrunning duties, having previously written on Dear Edward, Roar, Kidding and Murphy series Impeachment: American Crime Story.

The new season of AHS, executive produced by Murphy, co-creator Brad Falchuk, Feiffer, Alexis Martin Woodall and Scott Robertson, is scheduled to begin shooting in New York City later in April. A summer premiere is anticipated, with Murphy and FX expected to announce an exact date in June.

American Horror Story is one among the longest-running and successful properties in Ryan Murphy Productions’ substantial TV portfolio, receiving over 100 Emmy nominations and nabbing 13 wins to date.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I bailed.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't get this.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think everyone is confused by the casting of Kim. Maybe she'll be killed off right away and they're using her fame to draw people in?

Is this the first time Ryan hasn't written it?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This show fell off after Hotel.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m actually very curious to check this out. I haven’t seen the show since the first season actually and always meant to go back. Well, this just prompted me to restart with season one!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Kim Kardashian is joining the Ryan Murphy Repertory Company.
    Gross. I'm out.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I think everyone is confused by the casting of Kim. Maybe she'll be killed off right away and they're using her fame to draw people in?

As far as I know, she's not an actress, right?

I have a feeling she's gonna be a lead role, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

As far as I know, she's not an actress, right?

I have a feeling she's gonna be a lead role, though.
    Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part because I can't stand the Kardashians. I don't think I can handle a whole season of her front and center.

Country
    Country Flag

Lady Gaga wasn’t an actress either when she first came on.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm guessing Kim is going to be used more like a prop than an actress (we'll see).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Not professionally, but she has a theater background.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

When I think American and Horror I think Kardashian. This is gonna be some shitshow TV for the ages. OMG can't wait, (never watched a single episode of anything she's ever been in except SNL)

Remember in The People V. OJ Simpson, there was that scene in Kim's childhood bedroom?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Not professionally, but she has a theater background.
    Well, that and she is a performer by trade.

Kim is famous for... other reasons. I've never watched her TV show but I know she was on SNL once.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I can't even remember what happened in the last episode (which, I checked, aired in October)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder why FX takes down all of their previous trailers, this page is filled with old trailers no longer available...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26