Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    There was at least one other undead thing that aged. Thaddeus (the infantata) was definitely bigger/older than the baby that was killed. Of course he is still part flesh so the regular rules probably don't apply.
    I thought that was Beau, Constance's child that she had locked in the attic in Season 1. I thought it was the Infantata at first also, then I remembered her deformed child.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't talking about this episode. The infantata isn't in it. I am just talking about how big the infantata looked when we saw it at the end of season one. It was definitely bigger than a baby.

Speaking of Beau and Constance's other children, I thought I mis-heard her in season one when she said she had four children because they didn't show the 4th. I am glad they finally showed her, although now I wonder how and when she died.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I wasn't talking about this episode. The infantata isn't in it. I am just talking about how big the infantata looked when we saw it at the end of season one. It was definitely bigger than a baby.
    Ah, okay. I misread your comment. I don't remember how it looked at the end of Season 1.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I now believe we will not get back to the "current" timeline until the last episode of the season. We will see all of how Micheal orchestrates the "death" of the witches and the beginning of the apocalypse. Then in the final episode, it will cut back to them all standing there in that room facing each other and there will be a fight to the death (probably everyone's.) The end.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I was kind of excited about this season … But yet again, AHS disappoints me. The finale better be damn good. Who tells a story in 90% flashback? That's not a flashback, that's the damn story.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I was right.

Maybe we should consider the first three episodes a "flash-forward?"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    So, I was kind of excited about this season … But yet again, AHS disappoints me. The finale better be damn good. Who tells a story in 90% flashback? That's not a flashback, that's the damn story.
    Yeah, it's annoying.

It's what The Assassination of Gianni Versace essentially did. Still shocked that show got so many accolades.

I was really enjoying the apocalypse scenes early in the season. Now it just turned into the same old shit, which isn't bad, especially since I enjoyed Coven, it's just not what I was expecting from this season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I hate the most is that their "antichrist" character is such a weenie.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm enjoying this season a lot (much more than Cult or Roanoke), but I wish it would've been done in a linear way. If half your season is flashback (and the main story, at that), then why not just make it linear and end up in the bunker at the end, instead of the reverse?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on that too. That actor annoys the shit out of me.

Country
    Country Flag

Well that was interesting if a little anti-climactic. I did really like how the very end paralleled the end of the Murder House season. And we got a little more Jessica Lange.

Someone else described the two kids with the perfect genes as "Satan's backup plan" in the bunker. Thinking about it that way, I am glad they went back to them to show us why they were "special."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't think I was a fan of this season as much as others. I feel like the show has definitely lost some of its appeal to me. I wasn't rushing to watch the next episode. I also didn't care for the show primarily taking place in one long flashback. Do we know if there is going to be another season, or was this the last?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I don't think I was a fan of this season as much as others. I feel like the show has definitely lost some of its appeal to me. I wasn't rushing to watch the next episode. I also didn't care for the show primarily taking place in one long flashback. Do we know if there is going to be another season, or was this the last?
    I believe the show was renewed for at least one more season after this one.

IMO, the show has been going downhill since Hotel. Roanoke wasn't all the great and Cult was awful. I keep watching the new seasons hoping for the best, but end up disappointed. After hearing that they would be bring back characters from Coven and Murder House I had higher hopes for this seasons but so far I'm not all that impressed. Granted, I'm way behind. I'm only through episode 4 so far.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's been renewed through to season 10.

How did Madison recognize who Dinah Stevens was? To my knowledge she never saw Dinah.
    Why did the cooperative go to the trouble of saving Tim and Emily if the Antichrist had already caused the nuclear Apocalypse?
    Why were Tim and Emily able to make a Satan baby? Very specific circumstances brought Michael into the world. What was so special about these two?
    Queenie is saved from Cortez but how would this change the events that happened that season?
    When Mallory does the bathtub spell, it works because Cordelia sacrificed herself. As soon as Mallory is in 2015, she looses those Supreme powers, I guess her injury healed but the spell when first we saw it had Mallory coming back out the tub, the second time she goes to 2015, there is no bathtub for her to go back to, did her projected self just take over her physical body that was lying in the tub?
    Why didn't all the witches just hide underground like Myrtle, Madison and Cordelia?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    This season was watchable, but I wasn't that impressed. I think they need to go back to their true horror roots. Either that or SPACE! Come on, it would be so cool!

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the finale last night and enjoyed it (though I thought killing Michael by having him get run over was too easy and kind of lame).

I thought this season was incredibly watchable and I really anticipated each episode. I enjoyed it much, much more than Cult and Roanoke combined. I'll echo what everyone else is saying on the web:

- The long, 7-episode flashback (and only getting back to the present in the last half of the finale) didn't do it for me
    - Didn't care for the time travel aspect of it
    - AHS really needs to work on its tone and storytelling issues. No more camp. No more meandering side-plots. I think the only way to do that would be to reign in Ryan Murphy, but he's so big now that I don't see that happening.

Mike, I think you're the only one holding out for a space season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Mike, I think you're the only one holding out for a space season.
    No way! There are a few people here that are on board. It's the one horror sub genre they really haven't explored. Maybe I'll just write it myself!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You should! I'm all for a horror space season. I love that premise. Plus it sounds way better than the past few seasons they've done

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We are finally almost caught up with only the season finale to watch. Although it's pretty predictable what's going to happen.

Is it just me or does the story seem like a giant episode of Who's Line is it Anyway where they are simply making up the rules as they go?

This person died. Oh wait, I can just use a spell to bring them back to life!
    This person also died. I'll just resurrect them. Sorry, I put a spell on them so you can't.
    This person died. I'll just make a robot that looks and acts exactly like them.
    I'm a ghost and I decide when I want to be seen. Sorry, I can see you whenever I want.
    I put a spell on this house so nobody can get in. A different witch casts a spell and the door opens right up.
    These people died and I can't bring them back. That's because I have the ability to literally erase them from existence. Including their souls.
    Oh well, I suddenly have the power to travel through time and undo everything!

Also, it seemed like there was a lot of fan service of simply cramming in old characters/actors from previous seasons. It's really weird how these people are interacting with the exact same actor in different scenes but they are playing a different character. It tends to get confusing trying to remember which character they are playing in which scene.

Overall I liked this season a little better than the previous one, but that one was such a train-wreck, it would've been difficult to make something worse. I'd put this one just above Roanoke, but below all the rest of the seasons.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the dying and resurrecting thing got old in Coven. I wasn't a fan of it here either, but I knew what to expect so it wasn't as irritating. It does lower the stakes considerably, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, the dying and resurrecting thing got old in Coven. I wasn't a fan of it here either, but I knew what to expect so it wasn't as irritating. It does lower the stakes considerably, though.
    I hate when shows/movies do this. It lowers the stakes and muddles the rules of death, confusing the audience to the point where they just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Also, it seemed like there was a lot of fan service of simply cramming in old characters/actors from previous seasons.
    Yes, I felt like they were just trying to tie everything together, but it didn't really work that well for me. I would have preferred another stand alone season versus trying to put all the past seasons into this one. I think I'd rank this season also on the lower end. I wasn't compelled to watch it every week and would offer have a few pile up on my dvr before I got to them.

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like season nine is definitely not a space horror. A teaser aired during Legion that makes it look like it will be based on 80's era slashers like Friday the 13th. The title is AHS: 1984.

I also read this will be the first season without Evan Peters.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they've been pretty tight on details other than that. I'm excited for the premise, though, and hope we get some new leads so it's not another season of the Sarah Paulson (who I love) and Evan Peters Show (and since he's not in this one, I guess that makes a better chance for others to step up). Also hope that it's more dark than Cult and Apocalypse.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast