Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Default American Horror Story

So is anybody watching this show? I've been watching it and i have to say that it is MESSED UP. I love it but man is it creepy. The people that are watching it what do you think of it?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Like it so far...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally digging it so far! If you like the show, you should totally check out EW.com's recaps of the show each week. Doc Jensen writes the reviews (he was their reviewer for LOST when it was on) and does really, really indepth stuff. He's noticed all sorts of things I haven't caught with the show on my own like color themes, and pictures in the house's stained glass windows that depict stuff yet to come on the show.

I'm absolutely loving Jessica Lange's character, Constance. She's so awesome. I'm still torn, however, on if she's dead herself or not. I guess we will find out soon. I also think Tate is her son.

Also....Ben. What an ass. I hope he dies a horrible, violent death soon.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm, I haven't heard of this show anywhere else except for on these boards. Probably have to wait for it to be transmitted over here. Or wait for the remake, British Horror Story, set in Norwhich.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really great, James. Super creepy stuff for being on TV.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A lot of people here do seem to be enjoying it, I will say that. I was initially put off by the title, as a lot of tv that tries to do scary usually fails badly, but now it sounds like it's worth checking out. Something else to add to the "wait for the box set" list then, I think.

Oh, and Erin,

It's really great, James.
    How'd you know it was me?

*Said while eating packet of jelly cubes and watching Tom Baker's ridiculously long scarf*
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Also....Ben. What an ass. I hope he dies a horrible, violent death soon.
    But it would seem that then the series would be about finished, right? That's the irony of a TV series like this: how long can they keep up suspense of horrible fates around the next corner before everyone is dead or SOME irrevocable change occurs?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Zagreus - Oh, the Dr. Who love didn't give it away or anything.

Betelgeuse (I don't know who you are ) - I'm guessing if they want to keep it going, they will need to follow different families who move into the house each season? But you're right, this type of show may not last longer than a season, even if it's good.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like Ben! It's the emo daughter I'd like to see stabbed to death.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

When you
    Spoiler:
    cover up a murder, you're halfway to being a murderer.
    Implies to me an insidious strategy to corrupt. Particularly given the agent.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm loving this show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I like Ben! It's the emo daughter I'd like to see stabbed to death.
    Yeah she kinda irritates me too
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show had me creeped out at first but now that they are revealing the house's past bit by bit I am really being drawn in. I can't wait to see what happens in the second half of the Halloween episode.

BTW,
    Spoiler:
    I totally called the baby being "frankensteined" together when discussing this show with a friend at work. Everything that is happening goes back to the death of the original owner's child and it is possible that Tate is the child in a slightly older form, sort of how the maid aged despite being dead. I thought he might be the rubber man too but now that they already showed Tate in the suit I think it must be someone or something else because they would not give that away so soon.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I will always be cracked up by the father seeing the sexy maid while everyone else sees the mom from Six Feet Under, no matter how many times they use that mechanic.

I love this show. I hope a lot of people are watching iot so that it doesn't get cancelled.

I am just starting tonight's episode of my dv-r. Looks to be a Halloween one. A show that is already so seeped in horror doing a Halloween episode seems redundant. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading only awesome things about this. Have the first four episodes on my DVR, will go through them on Monday

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the actor playing Tate, that kid is creepy as hell. Soooooooo sad about Attie or Addie or whatever her name is. I wonder if her ghost made it.

I really enjoy this show as well, but all during last night's episode, DirecTV was running adds saying Fox is asking for a price increase of 40% so if a deal is not reached, they will be dropping all Fox channels, including FX, on November 1st. There was also several commercials filmed by the producers of American Horror Story telling DirecTV subscribers about what was going on and asking them to protest to Fox to keep the channels on. I really really hope they reach a deal so I can keep watching easily.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I love the actor playing Tate, that kid is creepy as hell. Soooooooo sad about Attie or Addie or whatever her name is. I wonder if her ghost made it.

I really enjoy this show as well, but all during last night's episode, DirecTV was running adds saying Fox is asking for a price increase of 40% so if a deal is not reached, they will be dropping all Fox channels, including FX, on November 1st. There was also several commercials filmed by the producers of American Horror Story telling DirecTV subscribers about what was going on and asking them to protest to Fox to keep the channels on. I really really hope they reach a deal so I can keep watching easily.
    That's just DirectTV trying to leverage. Dropping Fox channels would be commercial suicide. American Idol is on Fox. Plus there are some quite popular shows like Sons of Anarchy on FX. They will say they are going to drop it hoping Fox will back down. They probably will at least somewhat, but DirectTV will keep them either way, because to do otherwise would lose too many subscribers.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Reading only awesome things about this. Have the first four episodes on my DVR, will go through them on Monday
    LOL that's funny because they are showing all four episodes back to back on Monday starting at 10.

We're gonna watch last nights episode tonight. The first two episodes were great but my favorite so far is the Pilot.
    A scene in the first episode
    Also the woman playing the young maid looks so familiar but the only show i would of recognized her from would be true blood. But I swear I've seen her some place else or it's somebody who looks a lot like her.

Country
    Country Flag

That sucks, DirecTV would piss off a lot of people if the dropped fox channels. We use to have DirecTV but got rid of it because the signal would constantly drop. Thank god we got rid of it and got Fios. Because a couple months later DirecTV dropped G4.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had Time Warner Cable and they pissed me off 1 too many times, so we switched to DirecTV. So far, we haven't had any problems at all, until this thing.

You're right, Chris, I'm sure they wouldn't be dumb enough to really drop them. I remember right before we switched from Time Warner, they were running ads on Fox about negotiations and possibly dropping Fox (which obviously didn't happen), but I remember my uncle being pissed that he might not be able to watch the Super Bowl at home if they had done that.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This news about FX and DirectTV really sucks. I already can't watch Sons of Anarchy or American Horror story because they are on too late for me, I have no way to record them and they don't show the streaming episodes anywhere online.

I was leaning towards getting DirectTV simply so I would have a DVR to record the shows.

Now this...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do you have ondemand? They put them up on there, but for some reason they'll wait and post last weeks episode the day after the new one. Also the FX website has them up online to watch.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    Do you have ondemand? They put them up on there, but for some reason they'll wait and post last weeks episode the day after the new one. Also the FX website has them up online to watch.
    I stand corrected.

But they still don't have full episodes of Sons on the site. Which is the show I really wanted to watch.

I just have basic cable. I think I've got an old VCR somewhere to record shows but I've already missed half the season.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Code....I'll keep you posted about what happens with DirecTV and FX, they said if it did happen, it would be Nov. 1st. But besides this, I love DirecTV and haven't had any problems. Plus they have great customer service.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have Dish Network and this exact thing happened with them last year. We lost FX is the middle of the SOA season. I also lost Fox sports so I missed some football games too. Weird enough, they did not stop showing Fox News. Of course the regular Fox network was local so we did not lose that either. That lasted about a month and I am still behind on SOA.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    I stand corrected.

But they still don't have full episodes of Sons on the site. Which is the show I really wanted to watch.

I just have basic cable. I think I've got an old VCR somewhere to record shows but I've already missed half the season.
    Directv is "Da Bomb". I have had them since 1996 or 7 and I just can't say enough good things about these guys. Above average Customer service and picture quality is exceptional. Hate to lose "FX", but I ain't switching!!!!

I'll watch SOA online!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW, Piney is no longer!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast